LMNO

Sure!  I hate your haircut.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 23, 2011, 02:31:19 PM
Sure!  I hate your haircut.

:argh!:

bitch went crazy with the clippers. 

wait.  how the hell do you know I got my hair cut?   :tinfoilhat:

I'd say something about your hat, but it would be disingenuous, as I have a stylin fedora myself I sport on occasion.

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 23, 2011, 02:12:40 PM
Quote from: Pickled Starfish on March 22, 2011, 07:57:57 PM
I suppose fictional stories containing concepts that have echos in the real world should never be used as examples when trying to illustrate a point without being able to immediately produce case studies to back that idea up.  NEVER. EVER.

something about art imitating life or something or other.  

I noticed that you completely missed Cain's citation that shows the concept that you believe "echos in the real world", actually doesn't. 

I also noticed you implied that Idiocracy is art.

So, you're misguided, ill-informed, and have bad taste.  Nice trifecta.

:lulz: This post is a thing of beauty.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Requia ☣

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 23, 2011, 02:12:40 PM
I suppose fictional stories containing concepts that have echos in the real world should never be used as examples when trying to illustrate a point without being able to immediately produce case studies to back that idea up.  NEVER. EVER.

I noticed that you completely missed Cain's citation that shows the concept that you believe "echos in the real world", actually doesn't. 

I also noticed you implied that Idiocracy is art.

So, you're misguided, ill-informed, and have bad taste.  Nice trifecta.

Except what Cain posted was about intelligence and birth rates, everybody else is talking about education and birth rates.  Depending on the intelligence construct you use, the two may have little to nothing to do with each other.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

LMNO

1) I'm not going to get needlessly worked up about your pedantries.

2) Re-read Starfish's post, and reconsider your response.

3) GOTO 1.

tyrannosaurus vex

Oceana has always had a food shortage.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Disco Pickle

The most recent books I've read on the subject were The Bell Curve, Intelligence, Genes, and Success and skimming a few of the articles in The Bell Curve Debate before I lost interest in the subject entirely.

that was a little over 10 years ago, and I'm unfamiliar with any recent research in the field.

If I'm wrong, I'm gladly wrong and welcome any recommended reading that might bring back my interest in the subject.

If I remember correctly from those books, there's quite a bit of back and forth on this and may never be a consensus.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Intelligence and education are, indeed, not the same. Research shows that women with more education have fewer children, later in life. It makes sense to educate women for a lot of reasons, and that may be one of them.

There is little or no benefit in having a higher population. We already "won". We don't need more people to win harder.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 22, 2011, 07:30:07 PM
Quote from: Pickled Starfish on March 22, 2011, 07:12:22 PM
hate to burst your bubble but because people who attain education breed later and fewer children, that just means the less educated and intelligent are going to out breed the ones who do.

Oh, Idiocracy is now considered a documentary source, is it?

didn't say it was.  dick.

but then, I suppose fictional stories containing concepts that have echos in the real world should never be used as examples when trying to illustrate a point without being able to immediately produce case studies to back that idea up.  NEVER. EVER.

I did laugh, but you just seem like you're being a dick because it's [EDIT] easier funnier than asking for data.

(which I completely support)

You're a cunt.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2011, 01:38:50 AM
hate to burst your bubble but because people who attain education breed later and fewer children, that just means the less educated and intelligent are going to out breed the ones who do.

but then, I suppose fictional stories containing concepts that have echos in the real world should never be used as examples when trying to illustrate a point without being able to immediately produce case studies to back that idea up.  NEVER. EVER.

I did laugh, but you just seem like you're being a dick because it's [EDIT] easier funnier than asking for data.

You're a cunt.

This is also true.

And

WHERE THE FUCK DID CAIN GO, AND WHY?? FUCK THIS NOISE.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2011, 01:38:50 AM

You're a cunt.

That post did sound a bit cuntish.  Not everyone here responds with the malice that you do, and it's not fair of me to respond to Cain the same way I would to you.  You're a cunt on purpose, I don't believe Cain is.  I probably could have been more clear, and a lot less serious and just enjoyed the  

:hosrie:

my apolagies Cain.  

Alphapance, you should give Bruce Springsteen back his soul patch.

LMNO

No way. I won it fair and square in that poker game.

But I strongly suggest you reconsider wearing that shirt out in public.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 24, 2011, 02:08:12 PM
No way. I won it fair and square in that poker game.

But I strongly suggest you reconsider wearing that shirt out in public.

I SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING THERE!

Triple Zero

Quote from: postvex™ on March 23, 2011, 03:46:12 PM
Oceana has always had a food shortage.

If those guys got so many oceanea, why don't they grow more aquaponies?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.