News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Magic: The Gathering

Started by Phox, February 06, 2011, 11:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on February 08, 2011, 08:50:06 PM
QuoteAnd surprisingly Shadowrun 4th ed is a workable system!

Have the books but never played it. Good?

It was... still a couple fistfulls of dice, but generally speaking much better than earlier editions.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Don Coyote

Quote from: Luna on February 08, 2011, 08:50:25 PM
My favorite White Wolf character had to have been my vampire.

Malkavian...  In a fit of "what the hell was I thinking," she was a five year old little girl.

"What?  I didn't do anything wrong...  It was the Count!"

(She carried around a stuffed Sesame Street Count doll...  I had one for a prop.)

I'm banned from playing V:tM for life. :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on February 09, 2011, 12:14:11 AM

Malkavian...  In a fit of "what the hell was I thinking," she was a five year old little girl.

(She carried around a stuffed Sesame Street Count doll...  I had one for a prop.)

I'm banned from playing V:tM for life. :lulz:

What a heartbreaker.

AH CANNOT PLAY NPC THEATER NO MOREZ!   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

navkat

That's awesome. I get the feeling I would have had a blast playing with you.

Luna

Quote from: navkat on February 09, 2011, 02:41:43 PM

That's awesome. I get the feeling I would have had a blast playing with you.

Thanks.  :D  The tough part was playing it with a straight face.

"The Count doesn't LIKE you...  He thinks you're MEAN..."
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Richter

I'm banned from playing Malkavians.  Trying to sell used cars on the Malkavian Madness Network started it all.  While I'm not specifically banned from playing Gangrel, asking every useless functionary we met if they were the Prince's catamite nearly made the Storyteller cry (I'd heard about the ways of these city-fied vampires, and jsut wanted to know where people stood.).  
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Luna

Quote from: Richter on February 09, 2011, 02:49:26 PM
I'm banned from playing Malkavians.  Trying to sell used cars on the Malkavian Madness Network started it all.  While I'm not specifically banned from playing Gangrel, asking every useless functionary we met if they were the Prince's catamite nearly made the Storyteller cry (I'd heard about the ways of these city-fied vampires, and jsut wanted to know where people stood.).  

I'd pay cash money to see you loose in a game with some GM's I've had the misfortune of playing with.   
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Don Coyote

I am banned from playing any creatures that have "Shadow"

navkat

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on February 10, 2011, 05:58:53 AM

For some reason, this post reminded me of this episode of the Twilight Zone:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shadow_Man

Shit scared me out of my pance when I was nine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Kick them in the face.

Fucking crybabies.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2011, 04:26:34 PM

Kick them in the face.

Fucking crybabies.

Short list of things I was banned from doing playing Magic.

Playing any deck that can consistently return any permanents to their owners hands. It is not my fault you tried to play control with no way to control the game.

Cause the death of my own creatures to inflict damage/loss of life/reduce power and/or toughness on other creatures. I'm sorry, but I didn't really feel like letting you locking down my creature.

Play any deck that can ignore anything my friends did because it worked on a faster tempo. You would think that building a deck on a mana curve with 25 single mana casting cost creatures and 15 lands was a war crime.

Finding ways to creatively drag out games until everyone is sick of Magic. What? You said the games were too quick.

Playing to win like winning matters. Yes sure, I'll play badly for a few more turns so you can play your giant "I Win Teh Game" monster.

Interpreting rules correctly for the current standard environment according the DCI. You do know that you can't tap lands for mana unless the land actually says you can tap it for mana right?

I have this thing where if you aren't going to play be the rules as written you shouldn't get asshurt when people outside of your clique don't want to play with you or tell you NO YOU CAN'T SEARCH THROUGH YOUR DECK JUST BECAUSE YOU GOT MANA SCREWED WITHOUT THE PROPER SPELL TO DO THAT!!!!!!

Consequently, I had a slow backsliding of what little skill I had. My brother was fucking brutal in Magic, so we grew up being fucking brutal in Magic to eachother but it was just a game. Nothing was personal. my friends seemed to take it personally when I steamrolled them due to bad draws or simply shitty deck design.

navkat

Sounds like you're playing with pussies.

Phox

The Good Reverend Roger