News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Question if president is an alcoholic? Get fired.

Started by The Johnny, February 07, 2011, 09:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Quote from: http://mexico.cnn.com/nacional/2011/02/07/carmen-aristegui-despedida-por-transgredir-codigo-etico-de-radiodifusora
Members of the PAN party became outraged over the event and decided to leave the halls "in protest for the insult to the President of the Republic, to the congressmen and the institutions" said Carlos Perez Cuevas, vice-coordinator

After finalizing the presentation of the news, Carmen Aristegui said "There is no specific information, at least that we have access to it, to know if the president of the Republic has or doesnt have problems with alcoholism. But its a delicate subject, of course we have to view it with all the seriousness that it entails."

She also said that the democracies of the world it is common practice for mandataries to be applied health testings, and that the citizens require to know the situation of their leaders "to know which is the condition of whom is taking the decisions in the name of the general interest".

She got fired from the MVS chain, but she still holds her job at CNN.  :lulz:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cainad (dec.)

Shameful. I heard that in Salazore, any public official gets booted if their blood alcohol level drops below a certain level. Or at least that was how Generalissimo Enrico Salazar kept his underlings under "control," if that's the right word.

Dean

Quote from: Cainad on February 09, 2011, 04:20:16 PM
Shameful. I heard that in Salazore, any public official gets booted if their blood alcohol level drops below a certain level. Or at least that was how Generalissimo Enrico Salazar kept his underlings under "control," if that's the right word.

if you did this, except for everyone in the country, you would have brave new world

Cain

This is reminiscent of a recent event in the UK.

Tell your schoolkids to protest education cuts - get suspended
Slam the entire education system at a Tory Party Conference - get a paid job blogging at the Telegraph, after your school fails (because you've been neglecting it in order to attend political conferences).

I mean, I do think the first teacher should have been suspended, if only for being stupid enough to outright tell the children to protest (choose your words carefully and all legal liabilities can be avoided), but at the same time, if that is the penalty written down, the other should have also been suspended for the rank stupidity of walking into the middle of a political firestorm while carrying a carton of petrol.

Equally, I'm pretty sure if the person in the OP had questioned whether the leader of the opposition was an alcoholic, he'd be walking around freely right now.

hooplala

Quote from: Cainad on February 09, 2011, 04:20:16 PM

Isopropyl 70% isn't the number one alcoholic beverage in Salazore for nothing!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Johnny

Just a quick reminder that rights need to be enforced with power.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner