News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Discordian Food Menu

Started by Icey, February 08, 2011, 05:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

I had the idea for a Discordian food menu. Easy to print off beforehand, fold and whatnot, then slip into your nearest restaurant for giggles. I don't have editor at the moment, but that should change, so for now I'm just posting the idea. Get on with it.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Icey on February 08, 2011, 05:54:28 AM
I had the idea for a Discordian food menu. Easy to print off beforehand, fold and whatnot, then slip into your nearest restaurant for giggles. I don't have editor at the moment, but that should change, so for now I'm just posting the idea. Get on with it.

You first.

Nephew Twiddleton

I have something like this in the works for the little appetizer and beer lists that they have standing up on the tables. The snag is whether or not to just have it weird or to include actual Discordian concepts. I did a preliminary one with Villager months ago. One of the meat options was human meat, with the extra option of free range or Chinese political prisoner.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Icey on February 08, 2011, 05:54:28 AM

You're more of an "idea guy", right?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Blight on February 08, 2011, 07:59:35 PM
I have something like this in the works for the little appetizer and beer lists that they have standing up on the tables. The snag is whether or not to just have it weird or to include actual Discordian concepts. I did a preliminary one with Villager months ago. One of the meat options was human meat, with the extra option of free range or Chinese political prisoner.

Except that's just a little obvious...

I'd be more tempted to take the actual beer menu, copy it... and add the beers I WANT them to carry.  They don't carry Guinness?  Heck with that... add it to the menus.  Let a dozen people start ordering...  maybe they'll improve the beer list.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

LMNO

I think we once put together a menu of nothing but MemeBombs, in the style of a Chinese carryout menu, like:

Black Sheep are Still Sheep......................................$23.42
A Conclusion is Where You Stopped Thinking...............$17.63

And so on.  Might be fun to take a "real" menu, and only change one or two things on it, then slip it back in.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Luna on February 08, 2011, 08:07:17 PM

I'd be more tempted to take the actual beer menu, copy it... and add the beers I WANT them to carry.  They don't carry Guinness?  Heck with that... add it to the menus.  Let a dozen people start ordering...  maybe they'll improve the beer list.

It was more of a spur of the moment thing, poorly done just for shits and giggles, but I liked the idea of it, and decided to put it on my list of ideas to go over a bit more and improve.

I like your idea of it. Actively altering the menu until they actually alter the menu.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Blight on February 08, 2011, 08:10:36 PM
Quote from: Luna on February 08, 2011, 08:07:17 PM

It was more of a spur of the moment thing, poorly done just for shits and giggles, but I liked the idea of it, and decided to put it on my list of ideas to go over a bit more and improve.

I like your idea of it. Actively altering the menu until they actually alter the menu.

Discreetly flagging the added items as, *New,* *Manager's Suggestion,* or *Special* in order to increase rate of ordering might be a thought, too.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

LMNO

Luna is bringing the thunder, ITT.

The Good Reverend Roger

Might cause the server some grief.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 08, 2011, 08:13:50 PM
Luna is bringing the thunder, ITT.

:oops:

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 08, 2011, 08:15:08 PM
Might cause the server some grief.

Sadly, true.  And some servers bust their asses enough that they don't deserve that crap.

LMNO

Ach!  The fatal flaw.

Ok:  This will only work if you're working there.

Luna

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 08, 2011, 08:19:04 PM
Ach!  The fatal flaw.

Ok:  This will only work if you're working there.

That, or if you've already determined that ALL the servers there need a kick in the head.  (Yeah, I've been to places like that.  Just not often.  Make me wait a half hour for my bloody check, and the odds of me returning go WAY down.)

Cramulus

About once a month, I used to print out those over the top ARE YOU HUNGRY FOR SOME FUCKING WAFFLES graphics and slip 'em into the menu at IHOP.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on February 08, 2011, 08:24:23 PM
About once a month, I used to print out those over the top ARE YOU HUNGRY FOR SOME FUCKING WAFFLES graphics and slip 'em into the menu at IHOP.

Needs a Cainad treatment.

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING WAFFLE!   :lulz: