News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

making dinner

Started by AliceTheProfessional, March 21, 2011, 08:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AliceTheProfessional

it takes me about 30 minutes to completely make a hamburger. defrosting, grilling, all that. and it tastes pretty good but im always still hungry afterwards. time spent does not equal quality received. i feel like a pizza pocket would be more filling at this point D:

you'd think this would stop me, but no, i persist. only to be foiled again!  :argh!:
I'll take 3 creams & sugar in my coffee but if anyone should ask, I take it black. If anyone should ask, you tell them my coffees black.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cain

Since this doesn't really fit with the overall vibe of the OKM forum, I'm going to move this to the food forum.  As always, direct your complaints to my inbox, where they will be ignored and subsequently deleted.

Rumckle

30 minutes!?
I don't see how you count defrosting either, just take it out of the freezer about 3 hours before hand and let it sit on the bench.

Hell, 30 minutes is about enough time to make and cook a hamburger patty from scratch (there is a thread around here somewhere for that).

ETA: plus you get to feel the nice squelchy feeling between your fingers.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

LMNO

Wait a second.

Microwave, 3 minutes to defrost, tops.

"Fixins" - Lettuce, tomato, etc.  Say, 5 minutes while the pan heats up?

Depending on the thickness and done-ness of the burger, another 5-10 minutes.  You can toast the bun at this point, if that's your thing.

Total time spent = between 12 - 22 minutes.  If you're not multitasking, I can see it taking 30 minutes.

But if you're still hungry, than Luna's advice wins.  Make more food.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: AliceTheProfessional on March 21, 2011, 08:23:43 PM
it takes me about 30 minutes to completely make a hamburger. defrosting, grilling, all that. and it tastes pretty good but im always still hungry afterwards. time spent does not equal quality received. i feel like a pizza pocket would be more filling at this point D:

you'd think this would stop me, but no, i persist. only to be foiled again!  :argh!:

Economy of motion is your friend. Prep cold ingredients while hot ingredients are cooking. And it will take the exact same amount of time to cook two hamburgers as it takes to cook one.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jenne

Or take that hamburger and add pasta to it.  Make yourself a beef stroganoff, and you get cream added to it as well.  Add a side salad or another veg, and you got a healthier version, period.