News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Anyone grind their own coffee?

Started by Dean, February 09, 2011, 05:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sister Fracture

Quote from: Luna on February 09, 2011, 07:17:40 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 09, 2011, 06:58:19 PM
To clarify: You want your fucking coffee, you make your own damn coffee, and you clean the fucking thing up.

Yeah, well,  It was easier to make the damn coffee than listen to him whine.  My bad.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 09, 2011, 07:01:42 PM
I would, but I have been banned from all food/drink preparation after the grilled cheese thing.

How do you make that bad of a mess with grilled cheese (she asks with some trepidation).

I don't think it was as much a mess as it was a fire. :lulz:
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Sister Fracture on February 09, 2011, 10:19:18 PM
Quote from: Luna on February 09, 2011, 07:17:40 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 09, 2011, 06:58:19 PM
To clarify: You want your fucking coffee, you make your own damn coffee, and you clean the fucking thing up.

Yeah, well,  It was easier to make the damn coffee than listen to him whine.  My bad.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 09, 2011, 07:01:42 PM
I would, but I have been banned from all food/drink preparation after the grilled cheese thing.

How do you make that bad of a mess with grilled cheese (she asks with some trepidation).

I don't think it was as much a mess as it was a fire. :lulz:

I'm presuming it's all in the "telling" of this incident?  :lulz:

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 09, 2011, 06:15:58 PM
My coffeemaker has both a timer and a grinder basket.  Whole beans go in, and the timer is set.

My alarm clock is the savage grinding of beans, followed by the heavenly aroma of freshly brewed coffee.

I want one of these

and now this thread is funny

Jenne

My coffeemaker has both a timer and a grinder basket.  Whole beans go in, and the timer is set.

My alarm clock is the savage grinding of beans, followed by the heavenly aroma of freshly brewed coffee.

This would be my house if I lived on the bottom floor where we keep the coffee maker.

Instead I wake up to the radio.  And then that song plays over and over in my head for HOURS.

...but I digress.

Freshly ground is the ONLY way to go for us.

Jenne

Quote from: Luna on February 09, 2011, 06:51:05 PM

I had one of those.  Given that, at the time, I didn't drink coffee and just ran the damn thing for my husband, cleaning the mess out of it every day was just too much of a pain in the ass.  I rejoiced when it broke.

BREAK THE HUSBAND, NOT THE COFFEE GRINDER!!!

Luna

Quote from: Jenne on February 10, 2011, 05:50:55 PM
Quote from: Luna on February 09, 2011, 06:51:05 PM

I had one of those.  Given that, at the time, I didn't drink coffee and just ran the damn thing for my husband, cleaning the mess out of it every day was just too much of a pain in the ass.  I rejoiced when it broke.

BREAK THE HUSBAND, NOT THE COFFEE GRINDER!!!

Would have saved me a shitload of trouble.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I currently have an electric grinder but I'm gonna get a mill for my next one... The electric grinder works really well on whole spices, but not so great on getting even grounds with coffee. A mill like the one Dean linked to in the OP is more consistent.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Telarus

I have a little black and decker electric grinder. Fresh ground or GTFO.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Salty

I prefer my grinding my own beans and using a French Press.

HOWEVER, when it comes right down to it my caffiene addiction doesn't give a fuck how the magic gets in my system.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Alty on February 12, 2011, 10:04:30 AM
I prefer my grinding my own beans and using a French Press.

HOWEVER, when it comes right down to it my caffiene addiction doesn't give a fuck how the magic gets in my system.

I'm drinking my first cup of french press made coffee as I type.  Holy shit this is good stuff.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jenne

Coffee from a press is also always MUCH stronger but also more robust in flavor, I find.  We went through a phase of using one, but then we just got damned fucking lazy.  Now we only use one when we go camping.

El Sjaako

I used to drink cheap whiskey, now I only drink single malt. All the cheap stuff tastes horrible.

I used to drink tea from tea bags, now I can't stand the taste. Properly brewed loose leaf tea is so much better.

I refuse to get into good coffee, because I'm afraid I'll lose interest in delicious vending machine caffeine water.

Jenne

Yeah, you'd be saving the hot coffee-flavored water for desperation rather than necessity.  It's a hard knock life, getting used to shit that tastes good.