News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Anyone grind their own coffee?

Started by Dean, February 09, 2011, 05:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean

After going through a bag of cofee that I ground at the store (it took me over a month) I wanted a way to have fresher coffee, but on demand and at a cheap price. I ended up buying this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001804CLY/ref=oss_product (I just realized today that it was out of stock currently. I'm glad I bought it a couple of weeks ago)
And now I grind my own coffee at college right before I drink it. Maybe I'm a coffee snob now...

Luna

Nah, I drink it with enough Coffee-mate, it doesn't make a real difference.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Dean

Quote from: Luna on February 09, 2011, 05:14:46 PM
Nah, I drink it with enough Coffee-mate, it doesn't make a real difference.

I used to put a shit load of cream in my coffee, but one day i ran out and drank it with just sugar in it and i became a god!

Luna

Never was much of a coffee drinker, that's changed in the past year or two.  I can still take it or leave it.  (I don't drink much when I'm camping, for example, can't be bothered with keeping the creamer cold.)

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Sir Squid Diddimus

My husband will often roast his own beans, so we have to grind them ourselves.
We have an electric grinder.

So... yeah. That.

LMNO

My coffeemaker has both a timer and a grinder basket.  Whole beans go in, and the timer is set.

My alarm clock is the savage grinding of beans, followed by the heavenly aroma of freshly brewed coffee.

Dysfunctional Cunt

With all of the coffee-a-holics here, the better question is who doesn't grind their beans? :lulz:

LMNO

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 09, 2011, 06:46:43 PM
It's a stretch, but all the same:  :lmnuendo:

I had to sit there and do the stare thing like I was trying to find Waldo. 

Stretch is a stretch...  :lulz:

Luna

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 09, 2011, 06:15:58 PM
My coffeemaker has both a timer and a grinder basket.  Whole beans go in, and the timer is set.

My alarm clock is the savage grinding of beans, followed by the heavenly aroma of freshly brewed coffee.

I had one of those.  Given that, at the time, I didn't drink coffee and just ran the damn thing for my husband, cleaning the mess out of it every day was just too much of a pain in the ass.  I rejoiced when it broke.

LMNO

Quote from: Luna on February 09, 2011, 06:51:05 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 09, 2011, 06:15:58 PM
My coffeemaker has both a timer and a grinder basket.  Whole beans go in, and the timer is set.

I had one of those.  Given that, at the time, I didn't drink coffee and just ran the damn thing for my husband, cleaning the mess out of it every day was just too much of a pain in the ass.  I rejoiced when it broke.

I have located the first error in your statement.

Quote from: Luna on February 09, 2011, 06:51:05 PM
I had one of those.  Given that, at the time, I didn't drink coffee and just ran the damn thing for my husband, cleaning the mess out of it every day was just too much of a pain in the ass.  I rejoiced when it broke.

I have located the second error in your statement.

To clarify: You want your fucking coffee, you make your own damn coffee, and you clean the fucking thing up.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 09, 2011, 06:58:19 PM
To clarify: You want your fucking coffee, you make your own damn coffee, and you clean the fucking thing up.

I would, but I have been banned from all food/drink preparation after the grilled cheese thing.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Exceptions sometimes must be made for those who, in the kitchen, are more prone to imitate Dr Bunsen Honeydew.

Luna

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 09, 2011, 06:58:19 PM

Yeah, well,  It was easier to make the damn coffee than listen to him whine.  My bad.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 09, 2011, 07:01:42 PM
I would, but I have been banned from all food/drink preparation after the grilled cheese thing.

How do you make that bad of a mess with grilled cheese (she asks with some trepidation).

AFK

I grind my coffee beans with my teeth. 

RWHN is hardcore.  Yo. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.