News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Masterwork Monsters for Pathfinder

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 09, 2011, 07:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sister Fracture

Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Cramulus

The Bag of Rats trick, FOR MONSTERS!

I'm not sure if it still works this way in pathfinder, but in 3.5 when you Cleave something, you get a free attack at your highest to-hit bonus. The "bag of rats" trick is when you surround yourself with small creatures you can kill in one shot to capitalize on your nasty cleave. A big devil might be surrounded by 3 or 4 CR1 lemures, for example. If he makes a full attack, his extra attacks are always aimed at killing a lemure, giving him a free cleave at his highest +to hit bonus against a player. As an added bonus, that particular type of devil heals every time he kills something, so the PCs should actually focus on those shitty little devils instead of the big guy.

The opposite side of this trick was employed by the Dread Emperor (?) in the Book of Vile Darkness. That motherfucker was surrounded by about 20 children on leashes of varying length. The chains were attached to his belt, and the children stay around him as he moves. Unless you're evil, it's impossible to use area effects on him, and he can move children to block himself from being flanked.

Sister Fracture

In Pathfinder, if you HIT, you get another swing at someone adjacent (MUST BE ADJACENT) to the creature attacked, at that attack's bonus. Greater Cleave or whatever lets you go on for as long as you have adjacent creatures to attack.

For example:

X1 O X2

You hit X1, you do not get to cleave X2.

X1O
X2

You hit X1, you get to cleave X2.

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Cramulus

well I see they fixed that loophole :lulz:

I once played a conjurer that would "enable" our party's murderous barbarian by sending my lowest level summons at him. They'd provoke an opportunity attack from him, he'd kill 'em in one swing, get a free attack against the monster during my turn.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on February 09, 2011, 09:03:16 PM
I'm not allowed to play a psionc any more.

Only monsters get psionics.  If players want that shit, they can play a sorcerer.

The really NICE thing about Pathfinder is they made that clunky POS psionics shit redundant.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on February 09, 2011, 09:33:47 PM
well I see they fixed that loophole :lulz:

I once played a conjurer that would "enable" our party's murderous barbarian by sending my lowest level summons at him. They'd provoke an opportunity attack from him, he'd kill 'em in one swing, get a free attack against the monster during my turn.

You can still do that.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, this is the custom monster thread, not the what I play thread.

I like the reduced tyranosaurus.  Oh, my, yes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Eagerly awaiting Fracture's "Rust Monster Swarm".   :lulz:

Sister Fracture

Okay. Just pretend you don't know the stats when you hit them on Friday.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sister Fracture on February 10, 2011, 07:40:09 PM

Okay.   :lulz:

TGRR,
Nekkid inna dungeon.

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2011, 07:41:31 PM
Quote from: Sister Fracture on February 10, 2011, 07:40:09 PM

Okay.   :lulz:

TGRR,
Nekkid inna dungeon.
:lulz: :lulz:

Technically, these will be easier than what originally went where I'm putting them.

Sister Fracture

Rust Monster Swarm    CR 3
XP 800
N Tiny aberration
Initiative  +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft., scent metals 90 ft.;  Perception +12

Defense
AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 14; (+3 Dex, +2 natural, +2 size)
hp  16 (3d8+3)
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will  +2
Defensive Abilities swarm traits

Offense
Speed 15 ft., climb 15 ft.
Melee bite (1 + rust)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks  rust, distraction (DC 12)

Statistics
Str 2, Dex 17, Con 13, Int --, Wis 13, Cha  8
Base Atk  ++2;  CMB  --;  CMD  --
Feats   Ability Focus (Rust), Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills  Climb +8, Perception +12   

Ecology
Environment any underground
Organization solitary, clutch (2-5 swarms), horde (6-12 swarms)
Treasure none
Special Abilities

Rust (su) - A rust monster swarm that occupies a square with any metal in it automatically uses this ability.  Any unattended objeccts immediately take half its maximum hp in damage and gains the broken condition--a second hit destroys the item.  Against creatures made of metal, this ability does 3d6+5 points of damage.  An attended object, any magic object, or a metal creature can attempt a DC 15 Reflex saving throw to negate this effect.  The save DC is Constitution based.

Scent Metals (ex) - This ability functions much as the scent ability, except that the range is 90 ft. and the rust monster swarm can only use it to sense metal objects (including creatures wearing or carrying metal objects).

A rust monster swarm is created when hundreds of rust monster eggs hatch.  As the young monsters mature, many die or are cannibalized by the stronger in the brood.  Their ability to rust metal is just as potent as when they are adults, though they are more able to eat flesh as they grow (as they usually must, since even a large mine wouldn't keep the whole brood fed.)

Luna

I hereby dub them Rust Mites.   :wink:  Love it.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

muhaha

Summon Swarm now allows me to kill an iron golem with a 2d level spell.

:lulz:

Cramulus

ahhh I love it! so insidious. I will refrain from making a smell/smelt pun, I'll leave that to the goobers at your table.