News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Masterwork Monsters for Pathfinder

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 09, 2011, 07:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2011, 08:09:56 PM
muhaha

Summon Swarm now allows me to kill an iron golem with a 2d level spell.

:lulz:

Bats, rats, or spiders, sir, is what the spell specifies.

Also, I'm gonna laugh if one of you lot takes Iron Body spell. :lulz:
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2011, 08:15:51 PM
Quote from: Sister Fracture on February 10, 2011, 08:15:19 PM

:crankey:

I will take it under consideration though. It isn't quite as powered as a centipede swarm, and might be on the same level as the other swarms.

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sister Fracture on February 10, 2011, 08:17:51 PM

I will take it under consideration though. It isn't quite as powered as a centipede swarm, and might be on the same level as the other swarms.

Naw.  Might research a higher level summon swarm spell, though, and submit it for approval.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2011, 08:20:19 PM
Quote from: Sister Fracture on February 10, 2011, 08:17:51 PM

Naw.  Might research a higher level summon swarm spell, though, and submit it for approval.

I'LL ALLOW IT! :D

Speaking of which, as soon as we have a week in the Rappan Athuk campaign, I want to research a spell that mimics the effects of a divine spell in particular, which I can't remember just now.

The Good Reverend Roger

Okay, but that gets pricey.

Anyhow, the swarm spell for the rust monster swarm would be either 4th or 5th level, depending on what other options it allows.

Sister Fracture

I know, I looked at the rules for it. Like I said, it's gonna have to wait anyhow.

Question: Would "bear cavalry" count as a swarm? :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sister Fracture on February 10, 2011, 08:56:42 PM
I know, I looked at the rules for it. Like I said, it's gonna have to wait anyhow.

Naw.  Even their own "monkey swarm" violates the rules, on account of size.

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2011, 09:35:24 PM
Quote from: Sister Fracture on February 10, 2011, 08:56:42 PM

Naw.  Even their own "monkey swarm" violates the rules, on account of size.

What, they're Small? I thought spider monkeys would be Tiny.

Sister Fracture

Venom-Shaped Thrall      CR 4
XP 1,200

CN Large aberration
Initiative  +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft;  Perception +3

Defense
AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 15; (-1 size, +2 Dex, +6 natural)
hp  37 (5d8+15)
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6

Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee bite +6 (1d6+3 plus poison) and 2 claws +3 (1d4+1)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks improved grab, poison (DC 16, 1d2 Dex damage/round 1 minute)

Statistics
Str 16, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 5, Wis 14, Cha 6
Base Atk  +3;  CMB +7;  CMD  19
Feats   Weapon Focus (bite), Multiattack, Improved Initiative
Skills Acrobatics +5, Perception +3
Languages   common (can't speak)
Special Qualities   spider climb, concentrated dose

Treasure none

Special Abilities

Spider Climb (Ex) - Thralls can move on walls or even ceilings as though using spider climb.

Posion (Ex) - Injury, Fortitude DC 16, cure 1 save, 1d2 Str damage/round for 1 minute. The save DC is constitution based.

Concentrated Dose (Su)
- This is a more potent injection of venom than the stadard bite delivers.  It is possible only against a grappled or helpless foe, as using it requires a full round action.  It also has a Fortitude DC of 16, cure 2 consecutive saves.  Those affected suffer 1 point of Str damage per round until their Str is 0, at which point they fall into a coma. They must make a Fortitude save (DC 20) or begin the transformation into a thrall.  Within 12 hours, if this last save fails, they are in a black cocoon.  Within another twenty-four hours, the victim emerges from the cocoon as a venom-shaped thrall.

Improved Grab (Ex)
- To use this ability, a thrall must hit with a claw attack.  It then can attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.  If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold, and the next round it can make a bite attack with a concentrated dose of venom sing a full-round action.

Sister Fracture

Built from the bottom up, instead of scaled from the top down.  :ECH:

Requia ☣

What exactly is that thing?  Not statwise, whats it look like and act and so forth?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Yep.  Needs a description, and possibly a pic.

Sister Fracture

Venom-shaped thralls have heads and torsos of humanoids, though covered in chitinous exoskeleton, and four insect legs, two long arm-claw things, and a few appendages coming out its back.  They're made when injected with askara poison. Their very existence is torture, and death is a welcome relief, but they aren't allowed to commit suicide by the chaotic evil clerics that they must obey, so they always fight to the death.

President Television

Oh, I see now. They're shaped by venom, not shaped like venom.  :lulz:
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.