News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Masterwork Monsters for Pathfinder

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 09, 2011, 07:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sister Fracture

Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Sister Fracture

Non-templated or anything, but this monster didn't make it into either Bestiary for Pathfinder, so if that's what you're running, here for your entertainment is a PHASM.

Phasm      CR 10
XP 9,600

CN Medium aberration (shapechanger)
Initiative +7 ; Senses tremorsense 60 ft., telepathy 100 ft.;  Perception +20

Defense
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15; (+1 Dodge, +2 Dex, +5 natural)
hp  127 (15d8+60)
Fort +11, Ref +8, Will  +11
Immune poison, sleep spells, paralysis, polymorph spells, stunning effects, precision based damage, flanking  

Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Slam +16/+11 (1d6+4) or vital strike +16 (2d6+4)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

Statistics
Str 18, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 16, Wis 15, Cha 14  
Base Atk  +11/+6;  CMB  +13;  CMD  24
Feats   Dodge, Improved Initiative, Combat Reflexes, Mobility, Spring Attack, Improved Natural Attack, Vital Strike, Weapon Focus (slam)
Skills  Perception +20, Stealth +21, Escape Artist +21, Acrobatics +21, Survival +20, Knowledge (chaositech) +21, Swim +22;  Racial Modifiers  when using shapechange, +10 to checks made to disguising itself.
Languages   common, telepathy 100 ft.
Special Qualities   amorphous, change shape, tremorsense

Treasure standard

Special Abilities

Amorphous (Ex) - A phasm in its natural for has no clear front or back, and thus cannot be flanked. Due to it having no obvious sensitive or critical bits, it is not subject to sneak attack damage.

Change Shape (Su) - A phasm can turn into a Small, Medium, or Large humanoid as a standard action, as the polymorph spell (CL 15). It can stay in this alternate form until it decides to change shape again.  Using this ability does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Sister Fracture

Oooo, I can't wait until after my group runs into this next creature I wrote out. It took me two hours to make sure I had it done properly. But I can't post it yet, because I want it to be a sooper dooper surprise.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Sister Fracture on February 28, 2011, 10:45:21 PM
Oooo, I can't wait until after my group runs into this next creature I wrote out. It took me two hours to make sure I had it done properly. But I can't post it yet, because I want it to be a sooper dooper surprise.

For some reason I am happy in the pance. :fap:

Sister Fracture

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on February 28, 2011, 10:48:05 PM

Would you like a preview?

Don Coyote

Quote from: Sister Fracture on February 28, 2011, 10:51:53 PM
Quote from: Canis latrans eques on February 28, 2011, 10:48:05 PM

Would you like a preview?

I can wait until you unveil it for those what deserve the horror. :D

Sister Fracture

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Sister Fracture

Well, they already have an inkling (and Roger has read through it before I had it) of how scary it is in its original format. I won't say any more at all, because I really do want them to be surprised if they get to it.

Sister Fracture

Zaug      CR 13
XP 25,600

CE Large Outsider (Chaotic evil extraplanar)
Initiative -1 ; Senses darkvision 60 ft.;  Perception +25

Defense
AC 26, touch 11, flat-footed 26; (+15 natural, +3 defleciton, -1 size, -1 Dex)
hp  171 (18d10+72)
Fort +17, Ref +7, Will  +14
DR 10/lawful, 5/- SR 24  Immune fear, stun, daze effects Resist fire, acid, electricity, cold 15 
Weaknesses force effects, positive energy

Offense
Speed 20 ft., fly 30 ft (clumsy)
Melee 2 claws +22 (1d6+4 plus disease Fort DC 16) and bite +17 (1d8+4 plus disease Fort DC 16)
+ 4 on rolls to confirm critical hits

Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks  Corruption spew (Reflex DC 19, Will 18, Fort 16), disease
Spell-like Abilities (CL 15th, DC 13 + spell level, Concentration +21)
At will: detect chaositech, detect good, detect law, chaositech enslavement
3/day:  contagion (Fort DC 16), greater teleport, stinking cloud (Fort DC 16), summon swarm
1/day: chaos hammer (Will 17, 5d8+%50)

Statistics

Str 18, Dex 8, Con 18, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 16 
Base Atk  +18;  CMB  +22;  CMD  31
Feats Abililty Focus (disease), Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Empowered Spell-Like Ability (chaos hammer), Combat Casting, Critical Focus
Skills Perception +27, Sense Motive +27, Spellcraft +20, Knowledge (arcana) +20, Knowledge (planes) +20 

Languages   telepathy
Special Qualities   chaotic nature, revulsion (DC 15), dire contact, corrupt healing, vulnerabilities

Treasure standard

Special Abilities

Chaotic Nature (Su) - The forces of chaos so surround and fill this creature that it affects others who attack it. It gives the zaug damage resistance 5 that cannot be bypassed (and stacks with its 10/lawful DR), and a deflection bonus of +3.

Dire Contact (Su) - A creature that attempts to speak telepathically with a zaug or read its mind must make a Will save (DC 15) or go permanently insane--normally becoming catatonic, as though feebleminded, but sometimes becoming homicidal.  The creature must make a save each time it tries to use telepathy on the zaug, but it does not need to make the save if the zaug is the one communicating. In other words, this is an in-only defense.  The save DC is Charisma based.

Revulsion (Su) - Non-outsiders who look upon the zaug must make a Will saving throw (DC 15) or become either nausteated (1-10 d20) or sickened (11-20 d20). Whether or not a character saves, they are only affected once every 24- hours. The save DC is Charisma based.

Disease (Ex)­ - The claws, bite, and spew of a zaug carry devil chills (as per Core Rulebook 557, but the save is Fort 16 instead of 14).

Corruption Spew (Su) - Five times per day, a zaug can breathe a sixty foot cone of horrific, corrosive spew filled with rotting flesh, disease, poison, and even disgusting vermin such as maggots, worms, and flies.  The spew inflicts 10d6 points of acid damage (Refex DC 19 for half).  Further, anyone failing the save must make an additonal Fortitude save to avoid devil chills, as well as a Will save to avoid revulsion, regardless of if the character has made or failed the initial save against revulsion.

Vulnerabilities A zaug takes %50 again as much damage from force effects such as magic missile. It also takes %50 again as much damage from positive channeling and cure spells if it is targeted. Further, it does not need to be targeted during a positive burst to take damage from damage from it, though it only takes half damage. (example: Kit bursts to heal her party. The zaug still takes damage, even though creatures would normally need to be targeted to take damage.)

Don Coyote

What the fuck? :eek:

What does this horror look like? Is it best I don't know for fear of losing sanity?

President Television

Quote from: Sister Fracture on March 06, 2011, 12:14:07 AM
Zaug      CR 13
XP 25,600

CE Large Outsider (Chaotic evil extraplanar)
Initiative -1 ; Senses darkvision 60 ft.;  Perception +25

Defense
AC 26, touch 11, flat-footed 26; (+15 natural, +3 defleciton, -1 size, -1 Dex)
hp  171 (18d10+72)
Fort +17, Ref +7, Will  +14
DR 10/lawful, 5/- SR 24  Immune fear, stun, daze effects Resist fire, acid, electricity, cold 15 
Weaknesses force effects, positive energy

Offense
Speed 20 ft., fly 30 ft (clumsy)
Melee 2 claws +22 (1d6+4 plus disease Fort DC 16) and bite +17 (1d8+4 plus disease Fort DC 16)
+ 4 on rolls to confirm critical hits

Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks  Corruption spew (Reflex DC 19, Will 18, Fort 16), disease
Spell-like Abilities (CL 15th, DC 13 + spell level, Concentration +21)
At will: detect chaositech, detect good, detect law, chaositech enslavement
3/day:  contagion (Fort DC 16), greater teleport, stinking cloud (Fort DC 16), summon swarm
1/day: chaos hammer (Will 17, 5d8+%50)

Statistics

Str 18, Dex 8, Con 18, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 16 
Base Atk  +18;  CMB  +22;  CMD  31
Feats Abililty Focus (disease), Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Empowered Spell-Like Ability (chaos hammer), Combat Casting, Critical Focus
Skills Perception +27, Sense Motive +27, Spellcraft +20, Knowledge (arcana) +20, Knowledge (planes) +20 

Languages   telepathy
Special Qualities   chaotic nature, revulsion (DC 15), dire contact, corrupt healing, vulnerabilities

Treasure standard

Special Abilities

Chaotic Nature (Su) - The forces of chaos so surround and fill this creature that it affects others who attack it. It gives the zaug damage resistance 5 that cannot be bypassed (and stacks with its 10/lawful DR), and a deflection bonus of +3.

Dire Contact (Su) - A creature that attempts to speak telepathically with a zaug or read its mind must make a Will save (DC 15) or go permanently insane--normally becoming catatonic, as though feebleminded, but sometimes becoming homicidal.  The creature must make a save each time it tries to use telepathy on the zaug, but it does not need to make the save if the zaug is the one communicating. In other words, this is an in-only defense.  The save DC is Charisma based.

Revulsion (Su) - Non-outsiders who look upon the zaug must make a Will saving throw (DC 15) or become either nausteated (1-10 d20) or sickened (11-20 d20). Whether or not a character saves, they are only affected once every 24- hours. The save DC is Charisma based.

Disease (Ex)­ - The claws, bite, and spew of a zaug carry devil chills (as per Core Rulebook 557, but the save is Fort 16 instead of 14).

Corruption Spew (Su) - Five times per day, a zaug can breathe a sixty foot cone of horrific, corrosive spew filled with rotting flesh, disease, poison, and even disgusting vermin such as maggots, worms, and flies.  The spew inflicts 10d6 points of acid damage (Refex DC 19 for half).  Further, anyone failing the save must make an additonal Fortitude save to avoid devil chills, as well as a Will save to avoid revulsion, regardless of if the character has made or failed the initial save against revulsion.

Vulnerabilities A zaug takes %50 again as much damage from force effects such as magic missile. It also takes %50 again as much damage from positive channeling and cure spells if it is targeted. Further, it does not need to be targeted during a positive burst to take damage from damage from it, though it only takes half damage. (example: Kit bursts to heal her party. The zaug still takes damage, even though creatures would normally need to be targeted to take damage.)

:lulz: :x :fap:
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on March 06, 2011, 12:23:00 AM
What the fuck? :eek:

What does this horror look like? Is it best I don't know for fear of losing sanity?

We'll scan it an upload it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Giant cockroach (Bestiary 2, pg 58) with the advanced, fiendish, and giant templates on it.  Keep in mind the diehard feat makes it damn near unkillable, and vermin traits keep it from being braingrabbed.

Advanced Giant Fiendish Cockroach   CR 3
XP 800
N medium vermin
Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft, tremorsense 60 ft; Perception +12 

Defense
AC 19; touch 12; flat-footed 17;  (+2 dex, +7 natural)
HP 54 (4d8+36)
Fort +14, Ref +4, Will +4
Immune vermin traits; Resist cold 5, fire 5; SR 8
Weaknesses Light sensitivity (dazzled in areas of bright light)

Offense
Spd 30 ft, climb 30 ft, fly 40, ft (poor)
Melee bite +8 (1d6+4)
Space  5 ft; Reach 5 t
Special Attacks Smite good 1/day as a swift action (adds Cha bonus if any to attack rolls, adds hit dice to damage rolls), lasts until target is dead or the fiendish creature rests.

Tactics
During Combat Run up and bite.

Morale giant cockroaches fight to the death unless in bright light or facing foes two sizes larger than them.

Statistics
Str 19, Dex 14, Con 27, Int -, Wis 15, Cha 7
Base Attack +4; CMB +8; CMD 20
Feats diehard, endurance, toughness
Skills Climb +14, Fly +4, Perception +12, Stealth +11
   Racial Bonuses +4 Perception, +4 Stealth
SQ hold breath

Ecology
Environment any land
Organization solitary or intrusion (2-20)
Treasure  none

Special Abilities
Diehard feat, core rulebook page 122
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.