Main Menu

Masterwork Monsters for Pathfinder

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 09, 2011, 07:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Xaz on March 11, 2017, 10:11:35 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2017, 04:16:03 AM

Special Abilities
Confusion Aura (Su) The dadaists' strange appearace (both eyes on the side of their head, etc) radiates a c

That cut off the last paragraph and SNUGGLES.  :tgrr:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

So my son will be running a Saturday campaign.

We all set up characters, all of whom are worshipers of Ragatheil, empyrial lord of Lawful Good smitings, vengeance, and "the end justifies the means."

So basically we're going to act like regular adventurers, but we have an EXCUSE!  In fact, we're REQUIRED to be horribly violent assholes.  And call ourselves the good guys.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Don Coyote

Golem - you're a monster
Duck - YES
dad AUSTRALIA

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on March 13, 2017, 07:52:01 AM
Golem - you're a monster
Duck - YES
dad AUSTRALIA

:lulz:

Feel free to use it.  It's a bugger.  AND I can't crow about it around here, because we had to take a break from the game for two weeks and it's fucking KILLING ME.

Don Coyote

Hopefully my head isn't full of holes and I didn't forget about ever posting this thing that I did for some contest at Paizo in 2015. I'm going through my folders clearing out redundant or useless files and rediscovered it.

Numerian Smart Sword
Aura moderate transmutation; CL 9th
Slot none; Price 21,100 gp; Weight 16 lbs.

Description
Inspired by Androffan smart armor, the Technic League developed a multi-function smart weapon. This +1 adamantine greatsword has active and inactive modes. While inactive it functions as a medium greatsword; however due to its great weight applies a -2 penalty, in addition to any other penalties to melee attack rolls, to any medium creature wielding it two-handed or any large creature wielding it one-handed. It can activated as a swift action, expending one charge, expanding to a large greatsword negating any penalties related to the size, allowing a medium creature to wield it as a two-handed weapon with no additional penalties. While active it consumes one charge per round, and its form can be changed as a swift action like a transformative weapon, consuming one charge, choosing from glaive, greataxe, spiked chain, or two-bladed sword, all large-sized.
Like smart armor, it has 60 charges. As a hybrid weapon only the enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls, and the negation of the size penalty are affected by areas of antimagic or similar effects.

Construction
Requirements Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Technological Arms and Armor (DC 30), bull's strength, lead blades, righteous might or giant form I, military lab; Cost 11,635 gp

Don Coyote

Found out that I written this out on a notecard in my style for notecards.

Brico (Unfettered Eidolon Nightmare) CR 3

Init +4; Darkvision 120ft; Perception +2, Stealth +10
AC 16, Touch 14, Flat-footed 12
hp 7 (1d8); regeneration 5 (good or silver)
Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +0; DR 5/good or silver; Illusion resistance +4; Feign Death DC 12
Speed 40ft, fly 10ft perfect
2 bite +3 (1d6+3) or 2 power attack bites +2 (1d6+6)
CMB +3 CMD 17 (21 vs trip)
Specials: Night Terrors DC 12 1d4 CHA damage every hour for 8 hours; Constant Protection from Good (+2 AC and Saves vs good)

This tortured soul is the twisted remains of the summoner Dunsali's eidolon, unfettered by her sudden death, warped by hatred for those it feels caused her death, and strengthened by the weird magics of the Spire.

The Good Reverend Roger

Bad guy for the next step of the campaign is a cheap thug named Shags McNasty, who stole the thing.

Party has to recover the thing, they've been looking for the thing since they were 2nd level.

Twist:  Shags McNasty are actually two people.  Shags, an 8th level bard maxed out for disguise, and McNasty, his twin, who is an Oracle with the street Mystery.  Both are capable of disappearing/turning invisible as a ready action, and both are capable of turning each other invisible/stealthed as a ready action.

Cue chase scene.

Cain

Has the party been slacking on their Divination spells?

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 14, 2017, 03:10:31 AM
Bad guy for the next step of the campaign is a cheap thug named Shags McNasty, who stole the thing.

Party has to recover the thing, they've been looking for the thing since they were 2nd level.

Twist:  Shags McNasty are actually two people.  Shags, an 8th level bard maxed out for disguise, and McNasty, his twin, who is an Oracle with the street Mystery.  Both are capable of disappearing/turning invisible as a ready action, and both are capable of turning each other invisible/stealthed as a ready action.

Cue chase scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm77s5FbkoQ

LMNO

Please note that guy did not get shot on sight.

Also please notice the melatonin level.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2017, 04:09:45 PM

They have a more hands-on approach.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on June 15, 2017, 07:24:31 PM
Please note that guy did not get shot on sight.

Also please notice the melatonin level.

Yes.  Welcome to all of Western history.  Nothing has changed, only we wring our hands a bit before we fuck over murder brown people.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 16, 2017, 03:17:58 AM

Have Shags and McNasty flee to the Tomb of Horrors.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2017, 08:57:31 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 16, 2017, 03:17:58 AM

Have Shags and McNasty flee to the Tomb of Horrors.

No, but they're getting a gang of halfling knee-cappers with improved called shot.

No need to ask the target.

Cain

I hope your group is willing to take up a second career as a guard in Skyrim.