News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Tao Now Brown Chao

Started by Cramulus, February 10, 2011, 02:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

To shift this a bit differently:

I'm putting together a hard copy of the CTC.  I'm using some Lulu templates, with pre-fab backgrounds. 

Question: Does this look too fucking pretentious, or is it cool?

Be very honest, because I didn't design the damn thing, so I don't care if it sucks.  The alternative is plain white paper in standard book format, like the Party at Limbo Peak book.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like it! Pretentious, maybe, but it makes it funny because of the content, so I say go for it! I'm excited that you're doing this because I want a hardcopy. I was thinking about printing it out but that's not as satisfying as a bound copy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

The halftone dots and the vague bits of floral pattern here and there are style elements coming from very recent (0-5 years) trends in mainstream graphics design.

IMO, that kinda clashes with the purpose of the template, which is to look old and ancient :)

But then, I can be a nitpick like that.

Also, if the other option is plain white paper, then you should probably go for this funky template.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Upon reflection, the end product looked repetitive and sloppy, and turned out to be prohibitively expensive.

I may eventually spend the time to something like this completely handmade and from scratch, but until then, I'll probably be going with standard book format.

Cramulus