News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

ATTN Cain: OFUK, the Internet is here.

Started by Telarus, February 12, 2011, 02:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Icey

Boys and Girls, this is just further proof that the internet is no longer for lulz. Your mild-mannered fap page is now a battleground.

I applaud.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Couple Comments:

1. Password Rules!!! FFS!!! A password that is alphanumeric is no longer acceptable. A password that is less that 10 characters and is only alphanumeric AND is only hashed with straight MD5 (no salt?!?!?!) is absurd.

2. Password Reset via Social Engineering = Oldest trick in the book. I was rooting companies with that trick last century. For a security firm not to have controls in place for that is nothing more than complete negligence.

3. HOW FAR BEHIND ARE YOU ON PATCHING?!?!?!?!

4. A SQL injection attack? Really, a SQL Injection attack on an external facing server...

:facepalm:

This isn't even "Ooohhh, look at Anonymous' 31337 5ki11Z!!!!" this is textbook, first year hacker level stuff. All I can say is that HB Gary is gonna have a hard time recovering their reputation after this!!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 17, 2011, 07:19:14 PM

This isn't even "Ooohhh, look at Anonymous' 31337 5ki11Z!!!!" this is textbook, first year hacker level stuff. All I can say is that HB Gary is gonna have a hard time recovering their reputation after this!!

Most of Anonymous(the ones in the IRC channels that get stuff done) are social engineers with a few skiddies sprinkled in. Of course that doesnt mean they wont use this opportunity to bolster their own egos (lol we h4xX0red a security company look at how 1337 we r)
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on February 17, 2011, 08:39:30 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on February 17, 2011, 07:19:14 PM

Most of Anonymous(the ones in the IRC channels that get stuff done) are social engineers with a few skiddies sprinkled in. Of course that doesnt mean they wont use this opportunity to bolster their own egos (lol we h4xX0red a security company look at how 1337 we r)

True, but honestly, 9 times out of 10, a successful attack on a target looks a lot like what happened here. Its often about configuration, social engineering and old 'shouldabeen patched' vulnerabilities.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

w00t!

I just had to write a position paper on this attack for the company. Apparently I'm also going to be in a meeting to "Explain this Anonymous thing to Executives".

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

LMNO

Start with "Wise Beard Man Is Wise", and work backwards from there.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 18, 2011, 03:46:09 PM

First Draft just went out...

First response from CISO:

"So how many of these 'Stand Alone Complex' groups are out there now... and do we need to be concerned?"

:lulz:

Luna

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 18, 2011, 04:35:09 PM

"So how many of these 'Stand Alone Complex' groups are out there now... and do we need to be concerned?"

Answer.  "Lots.  And, Not as long as we don't piss any of them off.  And we will.  So...  Yes."
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Prince Glittersnatch III

Tell them theres thousands, more then they could ever imagine.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Triple Zero

For anyone thinking Anonymous went too far, also Wired does WOMP:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/02/spy/all/1

Seriously that Aaron is one fucked up fucker. Scary calls to his family? Well he did at least as worse. Sure, his family had nothing to do with it, but in the same sense as somebody married to a organised crime member doesn't really deserve it when work is brought home. Okay that's a bit harsh, I don't really believe that. But it does clear some of Anonymous's actions a littlebit IMO.

Also, Glenn Greenwald wrote yet another summary with some new insights, especially on the subject of hypocrisy, how it's perfectly okay to do this when it's in line with Gov./Inc. and abhorrent when you're not.

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2011/02/11/campaigns/index.html
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Warn him about HIMEOBS.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 18, 2011, 05:58:36 PM
Oh yes.  Please, yes.

The beauty of this is that HIMEOBS has an ED entry, etc, so he can make up any ridiculous shit he likes, with no chance of getting in trouble.

"Nobody is sure what HIMEOBS stands for.  One rumor is "His Imperial Majesty's Elite Orbital Bombing Squadron", while others say it means "Hate Is Making Every One Better Soldiers".  Regardless, they are a distinct cyber threat, as they conduct all manner of attacks without claiming credit, and solely for the chaos created by the attack...Ergo, they cannot be bought off or placated, since they have no actual agenda other than mayhem for its own sake."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Icey

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 18, 2011, 06:03:54 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 18, 2011, 05:58:36 PM
Oh yes.  Please, yes.

The beauty of this is that HIMEOBS has an ED entry, etc, so he can make up any ridiculous shit he likes, with no chance of getting in trouble.

"Nobody is sure what HIMEOBS stands for.  One rumor is "His Imperial Majesty's Elite Orbital Bombing Squadron", while others say it means "Hate Is Making Every One Better Soldiers".  Regardless, they are a distinct cyber threat, as they conduct all manner of attacks without claiming credit, and solely for the chaos created by the attack...Ergo, they cannot be bought off or placated, since they have no actual agenda other than mayhem for its own sake."

Hide HIMEOBS Propeganda around office for maximum power.