News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Re-elect Bush in 2004!

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 31, 2004, 10:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: CannedLizard
Quote from: treemonster
Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD
Quote from: CannedLizardIf Bush is voted out, so many political satirists would become unemployed, and liberals wouldn't be able to continue their publishing spree.
FOUR MORE YEARS!

At the Rate Bush is going they'll have to move 2012 to 2006...

You guys should come live in Canada. We don't have set years for our elections, the reigning party calls them (they usually go for four years, one under the max time allowed, five years, [ :shock: ] but under the Chretien Liberals, they had elections every three and a half years) (they also call elections if a vote of no-confidence is made in parliment...you guys need that in the US).

on the other hand, the rulignparty often sets the election dates when they're support is stringest, which is possibly why(cept for a very crappy and un-united right for most of it) the liberals were able tostay in power so long and so strongly. now they're still in power, but at least it's not a majority deal thing.

as for the poltical satirists, and whatnto, i think they had a bigger heyday with the clinton that bush, heck they've prettymuch left bush alone. i mean clinton had whitewater and lewinsky, bush has had so many of these scandals it's fuckin ridiculous in comparison(and earns me more respect for clinton, whcih unliek the pervy but oh so moral americans, wasn;t lsot when the lewinsky affair happend- i knew clinton was a pretty damn decent president, which can be proven by his three hour state of the union speeches which had less to do with pisspoor ideolgy and mroe to do with the state of the union).

no if anything, a democrat in office only brings the politcal leech writers back from vacation.

Don't be too sure the liberals stay in power in the canadian system. The current heads of state in Oz (where the system is very similar) are the borderline fascists (ironically called "the liberal party" as some sort of sick joke) have been in power for nearly 10 years now. and this federal election will probably see them stay in power meaning the gap between rich and poor in this country is only going to get bigger.

heh, they're only called "the liberal party" which in candian politk sp33k means roughly the "appeal to everyone, especially ontario and quebec" party. rather than fascism, it mroe resembles the vanguard party system of soviet russia, where the party members elected the legislature which elected the president which chose the party members and told them who to elect to the legislature adn then further told them who to vote for president. not unliek the soviet sytem it breeds a great deal of corruption. i reckon if the governemtnt cut out only it's corruption we could have a reasonable military and a sustainable effective public health care system. throw in a paradigm shift towards a more corporate like atmosphere in the bureaucratic elements, and we could ahve a public day care service too....
throw soem responsible economics on top, and we might even get lower taxes out of the deal(or maybe public post secondary education). the amount of money wasted on compeltely retarded bullshit is incredible.

Yeah, Ontario, Quebec and the territories are Liberal (or Bloc Quebecois in Quebec, like this time), the prairies and BC are Conservative, and the maritimes are for anyone who bothers to do door-to-door, what with the several miles between each house.

A handy map!

After Mike Harris, Ontario will be lib FOREVER.

yeah unfortunately. the teachers and bureaucrats did an extremely job of vilifying him, tho his reforms were actually pretty good, and no unprecedented by any means..
Hell is other people.

CannedLizard

Quote from: CannedLizardIf Bush is voted out, so many political satirists would become unemployed, and liberals wouldn't be able to continue their publishing spree.
FOUR MORE YEARS!

You guys should come live in Canada. We don't have set years for our elections, the reigning party calls them (they usually go for four years, one under the max time allowed, five years, [ :shock: ] but under the Chretien Liberals, they had elections every three and a half years) (they also call elections if a vote of no-confidence is made in parliment...you guys need that in the US).

on the other hand, the rulignparty often sets the election dates when they're support is stringest, which is possibly why(cept for a very crappy and un-united right for most of it) the liberals were able tostay in power so long and so strongly. now they're still in power, but at least it's not a majority deal thing.

as for the poltical satirists, and whatnto, i think they had a bigger heyday with the clinton that bush, heck they've prettymuch left bush alone. i mean clinton had whitewater and lewinsky, bush has had so many of these scandals it's fuckin ridiculous in comparison(and earns me more respect for clinton, whcih unliek the pervy but oh so moral americans, wasn;t lsot when the lewinsky affair happend- i knew clinton was a pretty damn decent president, which can be proven by his three hour state of the union speeches which had less to do with pisspoor ideolgy and mroe to do with the state of the union).

no if anything, a democrat in office only brings the politcal leech writers back from vacation.

Don't be too sure the liberals stay in power in the canadian system. The current heads of state in Oz (where the system is very similar) are the borderline fascists (ironically called "the liberal party" as some sort of sick joke) have been in power for nearly 10 years now. and this federal election will probably see them stay in power meaning the gap between rich and poor in this country is only going to get bigger.

heh, they're only called "the liberal party" which in candian politk sp33k means roughly the "appeal to everyone, especially ontario and quebec" party. rather than fascism, it mroe resembles the vanguard party system of soviet russia, where the party members elected the legislature which elected the president which chose the party members and told them who to elect to the legislature adn then further told them who to vote for president. not unliek the soviet sytem it breeds a great deal of corruption. i reckon if the governemtnt cut out only it's corruption we could have a reasonable military and a sustainable effective public health care system. throw in a paradigm shift towards a more corporate like atmosphere in the bureaucratic elements, and we could ahve a public day care service too....
throw soem responsible economics on top, and we might even get lower taxes out of the deal(or maybe public post secondary education). the amount of money wasted on compeltely retarded bullshit is incredible.

Yeah, Ontario, Quebec and the territories are Liberal (or Bloc Quebecois in Quebec, like this time), the prairies and BC are Conservative, and the maritimes are for anyone who bothers to do door-to-door, what with the several miles between each house.

A handy map!

yeah unfortunately. the teachers and bureaucrats did an extremely job of vilifying him, tho his reforms were actually pretty good, and no unprecedented by any means..

Fuck you. That is all.

No offence or anything,

I could argue my point, but screw that.
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

MedeoPlusPlus

I hate election year.... people make such a big deal out of the changing of the puppets...

Bella for President. Sooner or later, you'll agree.
1. e4             e5
2. Bc4           Bc5
3. Qf3           Ne7
4. Qxf7++

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

fluffy

phhffftttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: MedeoI hate election year.... people make such a big deal out of the changing of the puppets...

teh perfect time to feed yog sotthoth, whiel no one is looking and everyone is dstracted by fanfare.
Hell is other people.

Rupert Giles

End the Metaquotes.

For Malaul's sake.

Malaul

Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

The Good Reverend Roger

FOUR MORE YEARS!

A handy map!

Are you MAD?  He DESTROYED your health care system.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Marl Fublewonker

FOUR MORE YEARS!

A handy map!

That's alot of quotes.

CannedLizard

Now without meta-quotes. For Malaul's sake.

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerAre you MAD?  He DESTROYED your health care system.

Damn straight. My parents both worked in health care, my mum was a nurse and my dad was a equipment porter (to think he used to be a paramedic :P). My mum's hospital was closed, and my dad was laid-off...in about the same week. So we went to England...to find that the price of living is even higher there, so we came back.

I'm surprised that you, an American, actually knows anything about Canadian politics. No offence, or anything.
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

Horab Fibslager

FOUR MORE YEARS!

A handy map!

heh yeah. actually politicans have been takign turns destroying our health care system for decades. the guy before him liked to close down entire hospitals while laying off legions of registered nurses in favour of less trained and less qualified ran's.
Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CannedLizardNow without meta-quotes. For Malaul's sake.

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerAre you MAD?  He DESTROYED your health care system.

Damn straight. My parents both worked in health care, my mum was a nurse and my dad was a equipment porter (to think he used to be a paramedic :P). My mum's hospital was closed, and my dad was laid-off...in about the same week. So we went to England...to find that the price of living is even higher there, so we came back.

I'm surprised that you, an American, actually knows anything about Canadian politics. No offence, or anything.

I'm an Expat Newfie.

No shit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Rupert Giles

Quote from: CannedLizardNow without meta-quotes. For Malaul's sake.

I'm an Expat Newfie.

No shit.

And you're back!

*Pounce*  Fearless leader!

*GLOMP*

Horab Fibslager

livign in ontario is hard right now, the reason i'm not in ontario. they've needed changes to the shit for ever. ontario has soemthign liek the 2nd or third largest economy in canada, btu half of it goes to one government or another.

what do you think about equalization roger?
Hell is other people.