CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Re-elect Bush in 2004!

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 31, 2004, 10:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

~~~~Closed~~~~

seeing as I can't vote, I'll have to pass on that offer.

gnimbley

Quote from: Slate Magazine take on yesterday's papersUSA Today reefers its own poll showing that Bush is gaining on or leading Kerry in two key battleground states that Al Gore won in 2000. Although within the margin of error, Bush leads Kerry 48% to 45% in Wisconsin and has pulled even with Kerry at 47% in Pennsylvania. But there's good news for Kerry, too: a Columbus Dispatch poll, shows that he's tied with the president at 46% in Ohio, a state that went red last time around. And Knight-Ridder has an "exclusive" on a Zogby poll profiling that tiny but crucial demographic of undecided voters, who are more likely to be Libras, Virgos, and Capricorns, and only 13% of whom, it turns out, are actually NASCAR fans. Pollsters also asked, "Who would you more likely vote for for president--the Tin Man, who is all brains and no heart, or the Scarecrow, who is all heart and no brain?" It was a landslide: Tin Man 49% to Scarecrow 13%.

Too bad they didn't ask if they would vote for George - no brains and no heart. The same poll said which cable news channel undecided vote watch. The overwhelming favorite, over 40%, was Fox. ::shudders::

CannedLizard

Quote from: gnimbley
Quote from: Slate Magazine take on yesterday's papersUSA Today reefers its own poll showing that Bush is gaining on or leading Kerry in two key battleground states that Al Gore won in 2000. Although within the margin of error, Bush leads Kerry 48% to 45% in Wisconsin and has pulled even with Kerry at 47% in Pennsylvania. But there's good news for Kerry, too: a Columbus Dispatch poll, shows that he's tied with the president at 46% in Ohio, a state that went red last time around. And Knight-Ridder has an "exclusive" on a Zogby poll profiling that tiny but crucial demographic of undecided voters, who are more likely to be Libras, Virgos, and Capricorns, and only 13% of whom, it turns out, are actually NASCAR fans. Pollsters also asked, "Who would you more likely vote for for president--the Tin Man, who is all brains and no heart, or the Scarecrow, who is all heart and no brain?" It was a landslide: Tin Man 49% to Scarecrow 13%.

Too bad they didn't ask if they would vote for George - no brains and no heart. The same poll said which cable news channel undecided vote watch. The overwhelming favorite, over 40%, was Fox. ::shudders::

Tsk, what about the Daily Show?
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: CannedLizardTsk, what about the Daily Show?
I'm sure this is closer to the truth , but I have the sneaking suspicion that this choice was not in the poll.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Phantom Trollax

*stares* I dunno? I suppose I'd vote for the party least-likely to screw my particular interest group over should they be elected, whilst still attempting to make use of my vote. Given that this is america we're talking about I vote for Mr. Magoo...

President Bush

"What I am against is quotas. I am against hard quotas, quotas they basically delineate based upon whatever. However they delineate, quotas, I think vulcanize society. So I don't know how that fits into what everybody else is saying, their relative positions, but that's my position.'' —George W. Bush, as quoted by Molly Ivins, the San Francisco Chronicle, Jan. 21, 2000

"God loves you, and I love you. And you can count on both of us as a powerful message that people who wonder about their future can hear."—Los Angeles, Calif., March 3, 2004

CannedLizard

If Bush is voted out, so many political satirists would become unemployed, and liberals wouldn't be able to continue their publishing spree.

FOUR MORE YEARS!

Trollax

Quote from: CannedLizardIf Bush is voted out, so many political satirists would become unemployed, and liberals wouldn't be able to continue their publishing spree.
FOUR MORE YEARS!

At the Rate Bush is going they'll have to move 2012 to 2006...

CannedLizard

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD
Quote from: CannedLizardIf Bush is voted out, so many political satirists would become unemployed, and liberals wouldn't be able to continue their publishing spree.
FOUR MORE YEARS!

You guys should come live in Canada. We don't have set years for our elections, the reigning party calls them (they usually go for four years, one under the max time allowed, five years, [ :shock: ] but under the Chretien Liberals, they had elections every three and a half years) (they also call elections if a vote of no-confidence is made in parliment...you guys need that in the US).

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: CannedLizard
FOUR MORE YEARS!

You guys should come live in Canada. We don't have set years for our elections, the reigning party calls them (they usually go for four years, one under the max time allowed, five years, [ :shock: ] but under the Chretien Liberals, they had elections every three and a half years) (they also call elections if a vote of no-confidence is made in parliment...you guys need that in the US).

on the other hand, the rulignparty often sets the election dates when they're support is stringest, which is possibly why(cept for a very crappy and un-united right for most of it) the liberals were able tostay in power so long and so strongly. now they're still in power, but at least it's not a majority deal thing.

as for the poltical satirists, and whatnto, i think they had a bigger heyday with the clinton that bush, heck they've prettymuch left bush alone. i mean clinton had whitewater and lewinsky, bush has had so many of these scandals it's fuckin ridiculous in comparison(and earns me more respect for clinton, whcih unliek the pervy but oh so moral americans, wasn;t lsot when the lewinsky affair happend- i knew clinton was a pretty damn decent president, which can be proven by his three hour state of the union speeches which had less to do with pisspoor ideolgy and mroe to do with the state of the union).

no if anything, a democrat in office only brings the politcal leech writers back from vacation.
Hell is other people.

Trollax

Quote from: treemonster
FOUR MORE YEARS!

on the other hand, the rulignparty often sets the election dates when they're support is stringest, which is possibly why(cept for a very crappy and un-united right for most of it) the liberals were able tostay in power so long and so strongly. now they're still in power, but at least it's not a majority deal thing.

as for the poltical satirists, and whatnto, i think they had a bigger heyday with the clinton that bush, heck they've prettymuch left bush alone. i mean clinton had whitewater and lewinsky, bush has had so many of these scandals it's fuckin ridiculous in comparison(and earns me more respect for clinton, whcih unliek the pervy but oh so moral americans, wasn;t lsot when the lewinsky affair happend- i knew clinton was a pretty damn decent president, which can be proven by his three hour state of the union speeches which had less to do with pisspoor ideolgy and mroe to do with the state of the union).

no if anything, a democrat in office only brings the politcal leech writers back from vacation.

Don't be too sure the liberals stay in power in the canadian system. The current heads of state in Oz (where the system is very similar) are the borderline fascists (ironically called "the liberal party" as some sort of sick joke) have been in power for nearly 10 years now. and this federal election will probably see them stay in power meaning the gap between rich and poor in this country is only going to get bigger.

Horab Fibslager

FOUR MORE YEARS!

Don't be too sure the liberals stay in power in the canadian system. The current heads of state in Oz (where the system is very similar) are the borderline fascists (ironically called "the liberal party" as some sort of sick joke) have been in power for nearly 10 years now. and this federal election will probably see them stay in power meaning the gap between rich and poor in this country is only going to get bigger.

heh, they're only called "the liberal party" which in candian politk sp33k means roughly the "appeal to everyone, especially ontario and quebec" party. rather than fascism, it mroe resembles the vanguard party system of soviet russia, where the party members elected the legislature which elected the president which chose the party members and told them who to elect to the legislature adn then further told them who to vote for president. not unliek the soviet sytem it breeds a great deal of corruption. i reckon if the governemtnt cut out only it's corruption we could have a reasonable military and a sustainable effective public health care system. throw in a paradigm shift towards a more corporate like atmosphere in the bureaucratic elements, and we could ahve a public day care service too....
throw soem responsible economics on top, and we might even get lower taxes out of the deal(or maybe public post secondary education). the amount of money wasted on compeltely retarded bullshit is incredible.
Hell is other people.

CannedLizard

FOUR MORE YEARS!

heh, they're only called "the liberal party" which in candian politk sp33k means roughly the "appeal to everyone, especially ontario and quebec" party. rather than fascism, it mroe resembles the vanguard party system of soviet russia, where the party members elected the legislature which elected the president which chose the party members and told them who to elect to the legislature adn then further told them who to vote for president. not unliek the soviet sytem it breeds a great deal of corruption. i reckon if the governemtnt cut out only it's corruption we could have a reasonable military and a sustainable effective public health care system. throw in a paradigm shift towards a more corporate like atmosphere in the bureaucratic elements, and we could ahve a public day care service too....
throw soem responsible economics on top, and we might even get lower taxes out of the deal(or maybe public post secondary education). the amount of money wasted on compeltely retarded bullshit is incredible.

Yeah, Ontario, Quebec and the territories are Liberal (or Bloc Quebecois in Quebec, like this time), the prairies and BC are Conservative, and the maritimes are for anyone who bothers to do door-to-door, what with the several miles between each house.

A handy map!

The Good Reverend Roger

FOUR MORE YEARS!

Yeah, Ontario, Quebec and the territories are Liberal (or Bloc Quebecois in Quebec, like this time), the prairies and BC are Conservative, and the maritimes are for anyone who bothers to do door-to-door, what with the several miles between each house.

A handy map!

After Mike Harris, Ontario will be lib FOREVER.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.