News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

CD/DVD image Creator

Started by maphdet, February 15, 2011, 03:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maphdet

I'm fucked.I've slacked and now y deadline is at 2pm.

I need to create a CD/DVD image for work and All I have to work with is the full page image. How the hell am I suppose to take a full page (8 by 11-or similar) and make it fit on a CD/DVD cover.  When I stretch it through CD designer It doesn't work-Cuts off my wording. I could cut and paste the pieces separately through Photoshop but hen the cd/dvd looks blah. AHHHHHH (it is a demo though and not yet clients. Should I just create the blah version and call it good-or try to come up with something eye candy worthy.

fuck-Any Ideas What so Ever will be Much Appreciated.
Please!
Thank you folks!
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Dysfunctional Cunt

I'm missing why you can't just reduce the image size?  Does it lose that much integrity?

Luna

Wrong shape, and if you just stretch to fit, the image warps.

I used to do covers in Photoshop and keep crap on layers so I could adjust 'em to fit.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

LMNO

Crop that fucker, and remind them of the specs.

maphdet

The image was stretching WAYYY to much-and They did not provide me the png or anything-I am working with a freaking pdf file.
Reducing the image size leaves blank areas on the cd cover and looks well not so good. Plus I have verbiage that goes with it.

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 15, 2011, 04:13:41 PM
Crop that fucker, and remind them of the specs.

Yeah -I cropped it and am going to tell them that they needed to send me the actual png with all the damn fonts and styles.
I pulled something together - Its for demo purposes so f-them-what I made will show them what can be done and if they dont like it -they can produce the original files for the image-not a fucking pdf.

Argg.

Hey Thanks guys for checking this out for me!
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-