News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

An Open Apology

Started by Dysfunctional Cunt, February 15, 2011, 08:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Cain on February 16, 2011, 06:24:39 PM
Quote from: Khara on February 16, 2011, 04:42:39 PM
This thread is seriously about what I said in the OP.  I am apologizing and letting everyone know up front that I am fully aware of my stupidity now.  I honestly thought it was a fairly clear and coherent.  Damn, I really don't want to hire someone to translate.  Does anyone here read and or speak stoopid fluently?  Please PM me, we can talk about rates and such...  :)

Congratulations.

You are now being condescending towards me, in pretty much exactly the same way you are complaining about in the OP.  This conversation is over.

Seriously? FFS.

Cain

I wanted to know what is going on.  Khara decided to play stupid and be snarky towards me instead of giving a real reply.

I don't see any reason to continue this discussion with her.  Or indeed anyone else who thinks my reaction is out of order. 

Jasper

I believe Cain was asking about the specific event that caused the OP.  I didn't know either, but I just give less of a damn about drama these days so I didn't ask.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on February 16, 2011, 06:34:33 PM
I wanted to know what is going on.  Khara decided to play stupid and be snarky towards me instead of giving a real reply.

I don't see any reason to continue this discussion with her.  Or indeed anyone else who thinks my reaction is out of order. 

Not trying to get into it with you, I just didn't read it that way.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I wasn't trying to be snarky in any way towards you.  I was dead serious in my original post.  I didn't just write it as a game or a joke.  If you are offended because I have repeatedly said I was serious about something I was serious about, I'm not really sure what you want me to do or say.

When I have to read some of the things people write here with a freaking dictionary on one tab and wikipedia on another to just get the basics then I truly think it is safe for me to say what I did with no other issues.  Even then it seems my researched replies are still not worthy. I'm not going to name names or get into specifics.  Whats been said has already been said. If you want further depths of just how stupid I am, I can keep a running list or something?

I did not intend to be condescending to you or anyone.  I figured if I let everyone know up front.  YES, I AM THAT STUPID.  Then it would make things easier for everyone all around.  My mistake.  The fact that I'm writing this reply at all just adds to my original post. 

None of this was in any way from the get go directed towards you or any of the stuff you write.  So please don't take offense where none was intended.  I've always had a lot of respect for you, so I really don't understand where this anger is comeing from.

Jasper

Quote from: Khara on February 16, 2011, 06:53:15 PM

I wasn't trying to be snarky in any way towards you.  I was dead serious in my original post.  I didn't just write it as a game or a joke.  If you are offended because I have repeatedly said I was serious about something I was serious about, I'm not really sure what you want me to do or say.

When I have to read some of the things people write here with a freaking dictionary on one tab and wikipedia on another to just get the basics then I truly think it is safe for me to say what I did with no other issues.  Even then it seems my researched replies are still not worthy. I'm not going to name names or get into specifics.  Whats been said has already been said. If you want further depths of just how stupid I am, I can keep a running list or something?

I did not intend to be condescending to you or anyone.  I figured if I let everyone know up front.  YES, I AM THAT STUPID.  Then it would make things easier for everyone all around.  My mistake.  The fact that I'm writing this reply at all just adds to my original post. 

None of this was in any way from the get go directed towards you or any of the stuff you write.  So please don't take offense where none was intended.  I've always had a lot of respect for you, so I really don't understand where this anger is comeing from.

Probably

QuoteDoes anyone here read and or speak stoopid fluently?

I see it now.  Cain thinks you were implying he was the one who spoke in stoopid and needed translation.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I wouldn't be surprised if most posters have wikipedia and dictionaries open most of the time, Khara.  :wink:

You have never seemed any less intelligent than anyone else around here from what I've read.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jasper

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 16, 2011, 06:55:26 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if most posters have wikipedia and dictionaries open most of the time, Khara.  :wink:

Sometimes two.  It's like an outboard motor for your brain.

The Wizard

QuoteI wouldn't be surprised if most posters have wikipedia and dictionaries open most of the time, Khara.

"raises hand"
Insanity we trust.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Sigmatic on February 16, 2011, 06:55:06 PM

QuoteDoes anyone here read and or speak stoopid fluently?

I see it now.  Cain thinks you were implying he was the one who spoke in stoopid and needed translation.

I never meant that to be directed towards Cain or anything he said, I meant it for me and what I was saying.  Hell I didn't even get the connection until you pointed it out to me.

When I say I was serious y'all......  :oops:

Cain, I sincerely apologize if I offended you, was snarky or condescending to you in any way.  I have always had the utmost respect for you and would never act or speak that way towards you.  I'm very sorry.

Phox

Not having specialized knowledge, education, or vocabulary skills on the same level of some of the people here (or even most of them) is in no way indicative of relative intelligence, Khara. Is it possible some of us (myself included) are condescending asses from time to time? Well, hell yes. We're swimming with the sharks, so when someone is doing an obvious wiki job (I do it, too, no need to be ashamed), then we may be tempted to write it off as being "beneath us". Truth be told, I don't think I'm anywhere near as smart as Cain, or Kai, or Trip, or Roger, or ECH, or LMNO, or Suu, or Jenne... the list goes on. And even the people who I do feel equal to generally know a hell of a lot more than I do about specific things.

And I don't THINK I'm one of the people in question in the OP, but I'm very sorry if I am. I think you are a very intelligent. To even be here for any amount of time requires the intelligence to adapt, and learn. And you've been here for long enough that it should be obvious to anyone you're smart. If I'm ever condescending, it's only because I'm insecure, and I need to validate my pseudo-intellect by picking on the "stoopid n00b*" .

And actually, I'll apologize to everyone if I ever come off that way.

* Person uneducated in topic at hand.

navkat

Girl, all I can say is that I've been where you're at right now.

Some of these cats are really, really bright and some of them have read a fuckton of shit that we haven't. That doesn't mean you're stupid and it doesn't mean you don't belong here. On the contrary: it means you damned well DO belong here because:
1. (as LMNO pointed out) you have a different perspective...one not married to lofty, philosophical-baccalaureate ideals, but rather, one more in-line with day-to-day observances. We can always use more people who Get The Grand Joke to bring it down to earth.
AND
2. MOST IMPORTANTLY, you can LEARN from these guys. That's the most fantastic part of this for me and one of the reasons I can't quit this place. There was a time when I felt obliged to try to inject myself into things here and I forced it...and it backfired. I've realized since then that I had it right the first time. I am happily content to keep my mouth shut, my eyes open and absorb as much as I can. And when I do speak up, I feel righteous about it because it comes from a genuine place.

There are always going to be assholes and there's always going to be stupid one-upmanship flame wars on the webbernetz. Everyone gets sucked into the bullshit sometimes. You just gotta roll with it and remember that this whole thing is a fucking joke.

You belong here.

navkat

Quote from: Doktor Phox on February 17, 2011, 12:45:54 AM
Truth be told, I don't think I'm anywhere near as smart as Cain...

Yeah, Cain intimidates me. I think he's forgotten more shit about politics, history and philosophy than I know.

All the better for the rest of us though...elevates the total equation and sometimes you can catch a crumb. Even if you can't exactly groove at his party, sometimes you can sit back and have a drink.

LMNO

Ok, let's pump the brakes here.  You sound like you're describing yourselves as the remora eels of the PD.com shark tank. 

Luna

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 17, 2011, 08:00:46 PM
Ok, let's pump the brakes here.  You sound like you're describing yourselves as the remora eels of the PD.com shark tank. 

Remoras aren't eels, they're fish.   :wink:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."