News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Greeks Myff'ed: All Stan Lee and Shit

Started by Richter, February 17, 2011, 03:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

"Super heroes with human problems.", I once heard the comic book stylings of Stan Lee summed up to me.  Spider Man still has to deal with his asshole boss, Mr. Fantastic was still too smart for his own marriage, and Wolverine seemed well adjusted by comparison.  He knew what he did, he knew what he liked, and he knew when to fuck off for awhile.

Greek mythological heroes were big on these flaws too.  Especially the "Idiot joyriding kid" flaw, which inevitably leads to crashing daddy's car.  

Debatably the first person to do this was Phaeton.  Phaeton was one of Apollo's trust fund kids, who generally screwed around confident that his dad's reputation for moving the sun around would get him out of anything.  He thought he was the hot shit, and was pretty much uncontested as the local prick until he met another kid who was one of Zeus's bastards.  Chip off the old block, this guy was pretty much a scion of Lebowski.  He wore the bathrobe too, but you really couldn't tell the way the Greeks dressed back then.  Phaeton's whining got on his nerves.  

"You better not fuck with me, I'm Apollo's son!"

"Whatever man.  My dad's Zeus, and you don't see me making a big deal about it."

"What's so great about Zeus?"

"He controls the skies and the lightning.  Pretty much says it all."

"What has he ever done for you?"

"He gave me my own mighty lightning bolt to throw around."  (He was talking about his penis.  This was the misunderstanding that began a whole lot of bad shit.)

"Oh yeah?  Well my dad lets me drive the sun!"

"Ok, prove it."

"um..."

So they came to the sgreement that Phaeton would drive the sun the next day, and pull off a really sick skid at noon to prove it was him.  

Trying to make good on his boast, Phaeton immediately started whining to daddy Apollo to let him drive the sun.  Apollo got sick of it, and agreed, but gave him very specific instructions.  He had to drive between the yellow lines.  If he tried to pass any other celestial bodies on the right, the earth would freeze, and on the left, he might run into it, burning crap up.  Phaeton, ignoring all of this, grabbed the keys and took off.

He fucked up BAD.  The earth froze a bit some places, got volcanoes scorched in it in others, he dinged the paint,  and fell out trying to perform a stunt he saw on "Jackass".

Zeus's son shook his head sadly and went bowling.  

Apollo had to use OnStar to find the sun after all this, and is still pissed about the poor attempt at a power slide fucking up the alignment.  Which together with Demeter's little stunt to get an Amber Alert put out on Persephone, resulted in winter.  He has yet to get it fixed.

Edit: forgot some words.  I'm not telling you which ones.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Luna

Nice.

QuoteMy dad's Zeus, and you don't see me making a big deal about it.

Heh, who wasn't one of Zeuss's kids, back then?
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Luna

Loving the series.   :D  Can't wait to see who's next!
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Richter

Quote from: Luna on February 17, 2011, 03:24:15 PM
Nice.

QuoteMy dad's Zeus, and you don't see me making a big deal about it.

Heh, who wasn't one of Zeuss's kids, back then?

He kept busy....
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Don Coyote

The Wizard Joseph

:mittens:
Really Cool!  Got a name for Zeus' genius slackbaby?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Eve Hill

Really enjoying these, Richter! Looking forward to the next one. :-)