News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Auntie Arwen's Spices

Started by Suu, February 17, 2011, 08:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

For those that haven't heard of her, she's AMAZING.

Richter and I have been a fan for a while, and I guess we got Luna into it. Anyways, she primarily peddles at SCA events and Ren Fairs, but she's worth every penny. I believe a cooking show in England actually spotlighted her blends recently.

http://www.auntiearwenspices.com

Her site is a little incomplete right now, but I'm ready to order the Chernobyl Meltdown Black Pepper Blend on name alone.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I have invaded Auntie Arwen's Spice tent for over a decade. That crazy, old, wall eyed, herb lady is not only one of the most intelligent people I've ever met (and holy crap can she make mixed drinks!!), she is also one of the more interesting individuals I've ever met.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Luna

Visit this site.  Auntie Arwen makes me look like I might actually know what I'm doing in the kitchen.

The "Genghis Khan's Steppe Nomad Salt" is amazing.

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 17, 2011, 08:12:32 PM
I have invaded Auntie Arwen's Spice tent for over a decade. That crazy, old, wall eyed, herb lady is not only one of the most intelligent people I've ever met (and holy crap can she make mixed drinks!!), she is also one of the more interesting individuals I've ever met.

Please tell me you've had the Turkish Coffee. Richter's sister Leln and I got wound up on that and her drinking chocolate at an event once.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Well technically it's Suileiman's (he works at Your Inner Vagabond at Pennsic), but still...I'm going to be sending her an email seeing if she has it in stock, it's not listed on her site right now.

Richter

She is forever in my heart for making amazing spices,vindaloo, and not asking for name, background checks or references before selling me ghost chilis.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Luna

Quote from: Richter on February 17, 2011, 08:22:29 PM
She is forever in my heart for making amazing spices,vindaloo, and not asking for name, background checks or references before selling me ghost chilis.

Heck, she sold you ghost chilis while I was standing there chuckling at the havoc those chilis are going to wreak.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Richter

I ought to make more krupnikas this weekend.  What would you say, 1/4 of a chili to start?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Quote from: Richter on February 17, 2011, 08:28:25 PM
I ought to make more krupnikas this weekend.  What would you say, 1/4 of a chili to start?

I want to start the limeade this weekend too, so if you want to hit the Brewhaus, let me know.

Luna

Quote from: Richter on February 17, 2011, 08:28:25 PM

Assuming you can cut it without melting a knife, yeah...  Start easy, don't want to ACTUALLY kill anybody.  (Especially me, and I've already volunteered to taste.)

I gotta get the stuff for my project, too.

Suu

Shit.

QuoteHours of Operation Tues, Wed, Thurs. 3:00pm-8:00pm
Saturdays 10:00am-6:00pm

I do NOT want to go to Blackstone.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Princess Suu the Apostate on February 17, 2011, 08:20:38 PM
Well technically it's Suileiman's (he works at Your Inner Vagabond at Pennsic), but still...I'm going to be sending her an email seeing if she has it in stock, it's not listed on her site right now.

What could be better for those days when I wake up around 11:00 AM just as the morning shade and breeze gives way to the hellish heat*? A short walk up the hill and delicious, delicious coffee awaits.

*Note: Yes that is me bragging about my awesome camping spot ;-)

Also, Luna, you is SCA too? Oh dear...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Luna

Quote from: Princess Suu the Apostate on February 17, 2011, 08:33:06 PM
Shit.

Tuesday night, probably, then.

Suu

Quote from: Luna on February 17, 2011, 08:34:39 PM
Quote from: Princess Suu the Apostate on February 17, 2011, 08:33:06 PM
Shit.

Tuesday night, probably, then.

Class.

Suu

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 17, 2011, 08:33:47 PM
Quote from: Princess Suu the Apostate on February 17, 2011, 08:20:38 PM

What could be better for those days when I wake up around 11:00 AM just as the morning shade and breeze gives way to the hellish heat*? A short walk up the hill and delicious, delicious coffee awaits.

*Note: Yes that is me bragging about my awesome camping spot ;-)

Also, Luna, you is SCA too? Oh dear...

I do envy your spot.............Unless the lake floods.