News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

First egypt, now this.

Started by Lies, February 20, 2011, 06:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lies

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Lenin McCarthy

The Johnny

Theres protests in China too now.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Phox

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on February 20, 2011, 07:01:04 PM
I don't even know what to say.

Well, there's one of four possible outcomes.

1.  The protesters are cowed, and go home, and

2.  The protesters continue.

3.  The protests turn violent, or - most likely,

4.  Soldiers start getting knifed in bars, etc.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2011, 01:24:30 AM

I still can't articulate any sort of thought on this topic. It's like, I don't know, someone shoved a huge dose of reality in my face. It sucks, it's not at all amusing, and it is violently assaulting the brief glimmer of hope for humanity I had. I feel a rant starting to turn, but it is not ready... yet.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on February 21, 2011, 01:29:06 AM

I still can't articulate any sort of thought on this topic. It's like, I don't know, someone shoved a huge dose of reality in my face. It sucks, it's not at all amusing, and it is violently assaulting the brief glimmer of hope for humanity I had. I feel a rant starting to turn, but it is not ready... yet.

This ain't gonna be your century.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Void

1.  The protesters are cowed, and go home, and

2.  The protesters continue.

3.  The protests turn violent, or - most likely,

4.  Soldiers start getting knifed in bars, etc.

I think with the way the government security forces handled this situation, 3 and 4 are the most likely front runners. With 70% of Bahrain's population being Shi'ite, being ruled by a Sunni minority monarchy, I call shit hitting the fan on a monumental scale before the end of the month.

Sit back and enjoy the feature presentation.

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2011, 01:43:29 AM
This ain't gonna be your century.

I dunno, Roger. I've been out of sorts for the past couple weeks. Nice, friendly, hopeful, generally positive. This is completely out of character for me, as you know. This is probably what I needed to go back to my hateful, gloomy self.  :lol:

Suu

The formula is thus:

People want Democracy + Protests + Government intervention + People getting more and more violent to the point they get what they want and over throw government + People so busy acting like looting monkeys to effectly set up new democratic government + outside forces come in and control anarchy = New dictatorship.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Void

Quote from: Princess Suu the Apostate on February 21, 2011, 02:23:57 AM
The formula is thus:

People want Democracy + Protests + Government intervention + People getting more and more violent to the point they get what they want and over throw government butchered in the streets + People so busy acting like looting monkeys to effectively set up new democratic government + outside forces come in and control anarchy + world donates tears and nothing else = New dictatorship.

Fixed for truth.

And grammar.

*Edited for me not knowing how to use posting featues*

Suu

Quote from: Void on February 21, 2011, 02:41:34 AM
The formula is thus:

People want Democracy + Protests + Government intervention + People getting more and more violent to the point they get what they want and over throw government butchered in the streets + People so busy acting like looting monkeys to effectively set up new democratic government + outside forces come in and control anarchy + world donates tears and nothing else = New dictatorship.

Fixed for truth.

And grammar.

*Edited for me not knowing how to use posting featuRes*

Fixed for spelling.

-Suu

Two can play that game, asshole.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Void on February 21, 2011, 02:41:34 AM
The formula is thus:

Fixed for truth.

And grammar.

*Edited for me not knowing how to use posting featues*

1.  They weren't being violent.

2.  You're a cunt.

Void

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2011, 04:04:32 PM

1.  They weren't being violent.

2.  You're a cunt.

I know that it was a peaceful protest, but then the government forces started firing on unarmed people while they slept in an attempt to drive them out. http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/8218862-in-pictures-riot-police-attack-on-bahrain-protester-killed-5-injured-hundreds

So now you have protesters returning to Pearl Square who know how far the government will go and bitter about watching their friends getting shot. Don't know about you but I'd go with a pistol stowed in my crack just in case.

And I am a cunt.

@Suu - :lulz:

**And now it looks like Libya is hitting the shit http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/02/21/uk-libya-protests-jets-idUKTRE71K3X220110221

Suu

I don't like you. Watch your neck.