News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

z0mfg carnival season

Started by navkat, February 20, 2011, 04:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

East Coast Hustle

Carnival?

Are you down in the islands? Or is there something happening in the states that's actually worthy of the name?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

I'm assuming Mardi Gras or Gasparilla.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

She's in the Gulf area, so yeah, Mardi Gras.  I think the natives don't call it Mardi Gras the whole season through.

Suu

In Venice, Carnival starts right after Christmas and goes until Ash Wednesday. That's A LOT of partying.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

navkat

Say, guhl, cans I interests you in ticketz to teh mardi-gras? Fo' a hunnert dollas I can tells you where you gots yo' shoes at.

Yeah, man.

Shit starts from the Epiphany (06 JAN) til phiZAT TOOZdae. It's basically an excuse for the French/Spanish Catholic Louisiana-Purchase (almost the entire gulf coast region) to give up being Catholic for Lent, drink and act like royal buffoons in general...as long as you wear a mask and drink that shit out of plastic cups like these:

Side note: the cup up front is from the Mystic Society "Knights of Revelry." People aren't supposed to know who the members of a given society are (they MUST stay masked and are supposed to wear gloves) but it's common knowledge that Jimmy Buffet is one of their members. (ECH, I'm sure you just LOOOOOVE Mistuh Buffet, given the shit he keeps doing to commercialize and fuck up the Islands).

The navkat loves teh mardi gras. LOVE.
You want chaos? You want discord? We got it covered. Mardi Gras is Easter for we Cult of Ecstasy "holy rollers." It is the second coming of Joe Cain (praise be!)

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

navkat

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 22, 2011, 02:54:35 PM
RAH!

Wish I was there.

Yeah, man. 70º here, brah.

Wish ALL you motherfuckers were here, fucking shit up with me. <3

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: navkat on February 22, 2011, 02:57:31 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on February 22, 2011, 02:54:35 PM
RAH!

Wish I was there.

Yeah, man. 70º here, brah.

Wish ALL you motherfuckers were here, fucking shit up with me. <3

Yeah, well we just had a kick ass ice storm and err... well I got nothin.

:lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

East Coast Hustle

My hatred of Jimmy Buffet has nothing to do with his idiotic attempts to transform the Leeward Islands into one big chain of Margaritavilles and more to do with the fact that he's a kiddy fiddler.

Seriously, he's not allowed on Jost Van Dyk under pain of being put in a Frenchie fish-trap.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"