News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

EL 8 in a 3rd level module? WHAT THE FUCKING CRAP?!?!?!?!?!

Started by Don Coyote, February 22, 2011, 01:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

I don't really see a huge difference with the new druid, except for them being worked into the across the board shapeshifting changes.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Sister Fracture

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 22, 2011, 02:33:00 AM
I don't really see a huge difference with the new druid, except for them being worked into the across the board shapeshifting changes.

Then you haven't taken a good hard look at it.

They are more like nature-loving clerics than rangers that get spell-casting early now. Their shapeshifting isn't as limited now, correct, but they can also choose between animal companion and domains (air, earth, water, fire, and nature domains, choose one). Can you say "FIREBALL!"? :fap:

Also, Wand of Flamestrike. Eat it in the face.
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North Endâ„¢

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 22, 2011, 02:33:00 AM

You could, you know, try reading it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Requia ☣

Requia ☣

I haven't read all the spells, there could be changes in there I guess.

Cramulus

EL 8 in a level 3 mod? crazy... do the PCs get any kind of advantage or bonus in that fight, like advanced info, or weapons the creature is vulnerable to? Is it possible they'll level up before that fight? The CR system is busted as hell anyway. Especially if you have PCs which are built well.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cramulus on February 22, 2011, 03:16:34 PM
EL 8 in a level 3 mod? crazy... do the PCs get any kind of advantage or bonus in that fight, like advanced info, or weapons the creature is vulnerable to? Is it possible they'll level up before that fight? The CR system is busted as hell anyway. Especially if you have PCs which are built well.

I read and re-read the module and nope.