Main Menu

Coyote's DnD campaign.

Started by Don Coyote, February 22, 2011, 08:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Telarus on February 25, 2011, 07:41:23 AM
Nice. Gian centipedes are fun.

No.  No, giant centipedes are NOT fun.
NOT when you blow the concentration check with a critical 1 on a Summon Monster 1.
(It was summoned into my pance.  Hilarity ensued... well, for everyone ELSE...  I will NOT be summoning one of those little bastards again.)
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Luna on February 25, 2011, 10:58:43 AM

NOT when you blow the concentration check with a critical 1 on a Summon Monster 1.
(It was summoned into my pance.  Hilarity ensued... well, for everyone ELSE...  I will NOT be summoning one of those little bastards again.)

So a giant centipede that takes up a 15ft by 15ft square isn't happy fun times?
I had a sorcerer(the first character I played in 3rd ed) whose familiar was a monstrous centipede. :D

Luna

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on February 25, 2011, 02:59:55 PM

So a giant centipede that takes up a 15ft by 15ft square isn't happy fun times?
I had a sorcerer(the first character I played in 3rd ed) whose familiar was a monstrous centipede. :D

Was NOT happy fun time.  Well, not for character, anyway.

Any time everybody around the table is laughing hard enough that play is disrupted is officially a good time. 

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Don Coyote

I am a little concerend for how hard this monster bug will hit for (2d6+5) so I might end up reducing to a Large Monstrous Centipede with 5 hit dice instead of the Huge with 6 hit dice.

Luna

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on February 25, 2011, 07:21:49 PM
I am a little concerend for how hard this monster bug will hit for (2d6+5) so I might end up reducing to a Large Monstrous Centipede with 5 hit dice instead of the Huge with 6 hit dice.

Meh, toss in a couple of extra healing potions.  End fights should make players pee in their pance.

(You did NOT hear me say that, Richter.  That goes for everybody but you.)

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Is that a summoned monster in your pants or are you just happy to see me?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Luna

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 25, 2011, 07:30:58 PM

Is that a summoned monster in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

Always happy to see ya, Ratatosk.  ;)

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

One of the perks of having such a bushy squirrel tail. :-O
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Don Coyote

Or as the goblins that worship it call it....
The Great Dragon
Fiendish Giant Centipede, Huge CR 3
Total XP   
NE Huge Vermin
Init +0; Senses Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +4
DEFENSE
AC 15 Touch 8 Flatfooted 15 (-2 size, +7 natural)
HP: 29 (3d8+15)
Fort +8 Ref +1 Will +1
Immune mind affecting effects; Resist cold 5, fire 5; SR 8
OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft., climb 40 ft.
Melee: Bite +5 (1d8+5 plus poison)
Special Attacks poison, smite good
STATISTICS
Str 21, Dex 11, Con 20, Int --, Wis 10, Cha 2
Base Atk +2; CMB +9; CMD 19 (can't be tripped)
Skills: Climb +11, Perception +4, Stealth +8 Racial Modifiers +4 Perception, +8 Stealth
ECOLOGY
Environment: Underground
Organization: Solitary or colony (2-5)
Treasure: null
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Poison (Ex): Bite-injury; save Fort DC 18; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d3 Dex damage; cure 1 save.
Smite good (Su): 1/day as a swift action (adds CHA bonus (+0) to attack rolls and damage bonus equal to HD (+3) against good foes; smite persists until target is dead or the celestial/fiendish creature rests).

The "Great Dragon" rests in the central hall of an ancient temple, coiled around a pedestal, upon which is a multifaceted gem the same size as human head, which bears a disturbing similarity to the "Great Dragon's" eyes. The persistent twisted murmurings that have been heard since entering the disused temple intensify. It is a horribly twisted parody of the common garden centipede, strange growths adorn it's carapace, and dark fluids leak from glistening orifices.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 05, 2011, 01:58:26 AM
Verrrrry nice.
Thank you.

The fucker was a bitch, but I got to learn the PF way of advancing creatures, and then checking against this set of sexy tables to make sure it's not over- or underpowered. I had a false start stating this monster out. Starting from a medium sized centipede to a huge centipede ended up being stupid powerful for my intended CR, even though the tiny chart under Centipede, Giant said a 4d8  Huge centipede would be CR2.
I'm hoping to get my players believing it's a real dragon as they kill goblin fanatics screaming "THE GREAT DRAGON WILL DEVOUR ALL!!!"

Don Coyote

Some quotes from the first session.

On golden fiddles
"That's the Devil, not the High Priest"

On why they are going on foot.
"I can't carry a horse in my backpack"

On smells
"Smell out of time"

On hiding clues ETA The clue is what the party believes is the severed foot of a little girl
"I put it in the horse"

On the High Priest
"The High Priest looks at you disapprovingly"

On race relations
From a half-orc to a human
"You are a foot ball"

Don Coyote

Don Coyote

Quote from: Luna on February 25, 2011, 07:25:54 PM

Meh, toss in a couple of extra healing potions.  End fights should make players pee in their pance.

I should have remarked on that earlier. The party completely ignored the potions. They got that paranoid in the dungeon.

Luna

Quote from: Canis latrans securis on May 19, 2011, 03:06:52 AM
Quote from: Luna on February 25, 2011, 07:25:54 PM

I should have remarked on that earlier. The party completely ignored the potions. They got that paranoid in the dungeon.

Their own fault, then...