News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Have you seen "Inside Job"?

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, February 28, 2011, 11:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I need to take notes next time...

I thought the point about soft corruption in Economics was pretty interesting. Paul Krugman agreed with the movie:

OK, about the economist-bashing: I thought it was basically fair. There aren't, I think, all that many cases when economists are literally paid to offer a specific opinion — although Greenspan's defense of Keating qualifies. But the movie didn't say there are. What it suggested, instead, was a kind of soft corruption: you get paid a lot of money by the financial industry, you get put on boards, but only if you don't rock the boat too much. Besides, you hang out with these people, and get assimilated by the financial Borg. I think all of that is very true.

Your thoughts?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Suu

It won the Oscar for best documentary. So I guess it's good...*shrug*
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Princess Suu the Apostate on March 01, 2011, 12:20:01 AM
It won the Oscar for best documentary. So I guess it's good...*shrug*

As much as I was rooting for "Exit Through the Gift Shop," this was the correct pick.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm going to try to this weekend.  Sounds like the kind of thing I would enjoy.