News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 19, 2011, 04:37:58 PM
In case anyone was actually thinking HC's 9-9-9 plan sounded like a good idea, here's this:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/tpc-does-herman-cain/

QuoteIn Cain's world, a typical household making more than $2.7 million would pay a smaller share of its income in federal taxes than one making less than $18,000.

HAR!
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 19, 2011, 07:25:07 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 19, 2011, 07:16:39 PM
Despite the fact that he was doomed from the beginning. I almost feel sorry for him.

Almost.

He is, like Bachmann and Perry and Spears, naively and vacantly staring at the spotlights, with no concept that the world will turn on him, that those aren't spotlights, they're headlights.  And he will never, ever understand why what's about to happen to him has to happen, just like Britney Spears never understood.

He, like Spears before him, has become convinced that he is The Main Character, and he's just thrilled to discover that America has realized this.

I'd feel bad for him if he wasn't an evil person.

:mittens:

Precious Moments Zalgo

I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Luna

Santorum... 

Quote"One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country," the former Pennsylvania senator explained. "It's not okay. It's a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be":
SANTORUM: [Sex] is supposed to be within marriage. It's supposed to be for purposes that are yes, conjugal...but also procreative. That's the perfect way that a sexual union should happen...This is special and it needs to be seen as special.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2011/10/19/348007/rick-santorum-pledges-to-defund-contraception-its-not-okay-its-a-license-to-do-things/
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

PopeTom

If it's special then shouldn't you share it with as many people as possible?
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on October 19, 2011, 11:43:56 PM
Santorum... 

Quote"One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country," the former Pennsylvania senator explained. "It's not okay. It's a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be":
SANTORUM: [Sex] is supposed to be within marriage. It's supposed to be for purposes that are yes, conjugal...but also procreative. That's the perfect way that a sexual union should happen...This is special and it needs to be seen as special.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2011/10/19/348007/rick-santorum-pledges-to-defund-contraception-its-not-okay-its-a-license-to-do-things/

Oh my god, that guy is a douche. Also, he's homophobic and thinks sex is for procreation... hello, repression.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on October 19, 2011, 11:53:43 PM
Quote from: Luna on October 19, 2011, 11:43:56 PM
Santorum... 

Oh my god, that guy is a douche. Also, he's homophobic and thinks sex is for procreation... hello, repression.

QuoteIt is startling that those in the media and academia appear most disturbed by this aberrant behavior, since they have zealously promoted moral relativism by sanctioning "private" moral matters such as alternative lifestyles. Priests, like all of us, are affected by culture. When the culture is sick, every element in it becomes infected. While it is no excuse for this scandal, it is no surprise that Boston, a seat of academic, political and cultural liberalism in America, lies at the center of the storm.
-Rick Santorum, on the Catholic abuse scandals, 2002

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Precious Moments Zalgo

I almost feel sorry for the guy.  It has got to be painful to live with so much cognitive dissonance.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

PopeTom

I think to be a member of the modern Republican party you need to have the cognitive areas of your brain removed or drugged into submission.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Juana

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: Of course it's the fault of icky filthy liberals.

Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on October 20, 2011, 04:07:32 AM
I almost feel sorry for the guy.  It has got to be painful to live with so much cognitive dissonance.
He probably uses the Church as a salve.

Quote from: PopeTom on October 20, 2011, 04:09:09 AM
I think to be a member of the modern Republican party you need to have the cognitive areas of your brain removed or drugged into submission.
The Republicans have an attractive narrative for people who are frightened by change and the self-righteous, and I'm pretty sure it's easier for most people to cling to that and stop thinking altogether.

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Moral relativists made the Catholic Church kidnap children from their parents and give them to more "deserving" (read: religious and conservative) families, and made priests abuse children.

Is Santorum aware that free will is a component of Catholic theology?

Luna

I almost feel sorry for the guy.  It has got to be painful to live with so much cognitive dissonance.

I almost feel sorry for his wife.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Luna on October 20, 2011, 11:09:22 AM

I almost feel sorry for the rest of us, having to share a planet with the likes of him.

Wait, scratch the "almost" in that.

Luna

Quote from: Cainad on October 20, 2011, 12:47:20 PM
Quote from: Luna on October 20, 2011, 11:09:22 AM

I almost feel sorry for the rest of us, having to share a planet with the likes of him.

Wait, scratch the "almost" in that.

When Santorum goes down in flames, Imma send Dan Savage a fruit basket.