News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

That said, the GOP elite have conflicted values:

QuoteInteresting to hear some conversations among the permanent Republican/Movement D.C. class begin to mutter that *they* would be better off with an Obama victory. He is fundraising gold. The 501(c)(4)s, consulting firms and the like have never seen profits or budgets like this. Hillary in pants suits, toting Vince Foster wrapped in a rug from love nest to public park days? Chump change. Obama has made them personally wealthy.

The reasoning is simple. A second term by definition peters out in less than 18 months. He's already a convulsive caver. Besides, Obama is thumbs up on the bombing brown people front. Sam's recent comment about the British tourists deported simply for using British slang about partying in America on Twitter gets a grudging nod for abusing executive power.

The car wreck in leadership fighting across the House and Senate Republican minority? More time to get ducks in a row. Assuming they at least hold on the House.

A Romney presidency by contrast presents unknowns. Access is everything. Which of them will be able return to the roles they were accustomed to under Bush? Feelings are running hard now. Robo calls that Romney is against kosher food won't be forgotten. Worse? How will he govern? Like GHWB and propose something crazy and sensible like the ADA? Sununu, Romney's attack dog, after all as GHWB CoS famously said "We have mortgages, not ideologies."

The country and even government may be in decadent disarray. The above may be idle musing. Tribalism may trump all in a clear need to witness 'destruction'. But Obama's unquestionably been very very good to a surprising strata.

And self interest? What could be more emblematic of our times?

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on February 08, 2012, 09:31:33 AM
Santorum just scored wins in Minnesota, Colorado and Missouri.

My reaction: wat.

However, it changes little.  Michigan, Maine and Arizona are up next: Ron Paul may take Maine, but the rest should be Romney victories.  And then it's Super Tuesday.  Unless Santorum or Gingrinch pulls a major upset in any of those states before then, Romney will be far more credible.  Furthermore, his financial advantage will give him a much greater scope for victory, as he floods advertising, visits and attacks across several states simultaneously.

Same here. The fact that this hateful shitbag won all three confounds me, even if it doesn't change that much.  It shows me a picture of just how many Americans are complete douchebags.

Quote from: Cain on February 08, 2012, 09:55:25 AM
That said, the GOP elite have conflicted values:

QuoteInteresting to hear some conversations among the permanent Republican/Movement D.C. class begin to mutter that *they* would be better off with an Obama victory. He is fundraising gold. The 501(c)(4)s, consulting firms and the like have never seen profits or budgets like this. Hillary in pants suits, toting Vince Foster wrapped in a rug from love nest to public park days? Chump change. Obama has made them personally wealthy.

The reasoning is simple. A second term by definition peters out in less than 18 months. He's already a convulsive caver. Besides, Obama is thumbs up on the bombing brown people front. Sam's recent comment about the British tourists deported simply for using British slang about partying in America on Twitter gets a grudging nod for abusing executive power.

The car wreck in leadership fighting across the House and Senate Republican minority? More time to get ducks in a row. Assuming they at least hold on the House.

A Romney presidency by contrast presents unknowns. Access is everything. Which of them will be able return to the roles they were accustomed to under Bush? Feelings are running hard now. Robo calls that Romney is against kosher food won't be forgotten. Worse? How will he govern? Like GHWB and propose something crazy and sensible like the ADA? Sununu, Romney's attack dog, after all as GHWB CoS famously said "We have mortgages, not ideologies."

The country and even government may be in decadent disarray. The above may be idle musing. Tribalism may trump all in a clear need to witness 'destruction'. But Obama's unquestionably been very very good to a surprising strata.

And self interest? What could be more emblematic of our times?

I kind of love this. New GOP slogan: "Obama: Our kind of president".

AFK

Quote from: Cain on February 08, 2012, 09:31:33 AM
Santorum just scored wins in Minnesota, Colorado and Missouri.

My reaction: wat.

However, it changes little.  Michigan, Maine and Arizona are up next: Ron Paul may take Maine, but the rest should be Romney victories.  And then it's Super Tuesday.  Unless Santorum or Gingrinch pulls a major upset in any of those states before then, Romney will be far more credible.  Furthermore, his financial advantage will give him a much greater scope for victory, as he floods advertising, visits and attacks across several states simultaneously.

Paul probably has his best shot in Maine.  I think the Libertarian and Tea Party voting blocks will come together to give him a lot of support.  But we have a lot of Southern New England tranplants in Southern Maine too, so it will be close. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Ron Paul's biggest supporter is a member of the Bilderberger group.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpolitics/ron-pauls-biggest-supporter-is-a-bilderberger

QuoteThiel -- who gave $900,000 to the pro-Paul group Endorse Liberty -- made his fortune as the co-founder of PayPal; he was also an early investor in Facebook, and is now a major player in the world of high-tech venture capital. He's also a devoted libertarian and devoted Republican: He hosted a fundraiser for the confrontational gay conservative group GOProud at his grand apartment off Union Square in 2010.

Thiel is also a member of the steering committee of the Bilderberg Group, the elite, invitation-only conference that's the frequent subject of conspiracy theories.

"They probably get together and talk about how they're going to control the banking systems of the world and natural resources," Paul said in 2008.

:lulz:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

AFK

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh dave mustaine. Whatever happened to if theres a new way ill be the first in line it better work this time?

I suppose when you stop taking drugs and find jesus you have to stop being a borderline anarchist and become a republican.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

I just, I mean, it doesn't surprise me given his new life style he would be in for a Republican or a Conservative, but Rick Santorum?  That's just nuts. 

Nephew Twiddleton

Gay marriage is not metal.

But apparently santorum is.

:shrug: daves always been kinda loony so i guess it doesnt really surprise me too much.

LMNO

He was kind of a dick back then, he's kind of a dick right now...

AFK

Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 15, 2012, 01:27:18 PM
Gay marriage is not metal.

But apparently santorum is.

:shrug: daves always been kinda loony so i guess it doesnt really surprise me too much.

Rob Halford would make it metal! 

Nephew Twiddleton

Lmno- yep. Hes just a different kind of dick these days.

Whn- at the end of the day metallicity should be measured in halfords.

Nephew Twiddleton

Whereas mustaine was booted out of metallica for the amazing feat of being a bigger douchebag than the rest of metallica.

Somehow i dont think mustaines going to be that much of a boon to santorum.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 15, 2012, 12:27:07 PM
Oh dave mustaine. Whatever happened to if theres a new way ill be the first in line it better work this time?

I suppose when you stop taking drugs and find jesus you have to stop being a borderline anarchist and become a republican.

This is good news for Ass Froth, Dave can cast spells on his political opponents.

PS. HES ALSO A BIRTHER

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=159358

QuoteMustaine: Not anymore. I don't think so because of the things that have taken place and the mistrust. Plus when you look at "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?", what the whole concept behind that whole album is pretty much about — us as a people and the youth of America as an individual ... I don't want to say "faction" that's the wrong word, but an entity, on its own. The youth of America being justified, finally, coming of age, and being able to look at things and being able to say 'You know what? I don't want this Manchurian Candidate as our President." Back then, it's the same thing now. I look at the way Obama has been selling our country off and all the ways things are happening and the way that our economy is plummeting. Why won't we tap Alaska? And why did we take so long to act on the Gulf? Why did we take so long to act in Libya? Why?! Where's his birth certificate? You know what, that birth certificate he showed everybody ... I remember buying one of those to go buy booze. Hello Obama. C'mon dude, they used to sell those in the back of Creem magazine for $3.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Nephew Twiddleton

:lulz: ok daves officially in the same guano category as the nuge.