News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Does anybody else find the name "Cracker Bay" PERFECT for a boat full of GOP fuckwits? :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on August 29, 2012, 10:38:01 PM
Ron Paul supporters treated like shit, Ron Paul says "fuck Romney."  (Paraphrased.)

http://www.thenation.com/blog/169618/his-supporters-treated-atrociously-ron-paul-refuses-back-romney#

While I am happy at this development, I am also of the mind "And fuck Ron Paul, too", seeing as he has never attempted to rein in his followers' more atrocious behavior (such as threatening to rape the 9 year old daughter of an army veteran because said army captain made a cartoon on Facebook making fun of Ron Paul).

So, shit yeah, a plague on both their houses.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Maybe they'll have a big libertard Repubnarok and wipe each other out. :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Salty

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 30, 2012, 01:32:19 AM
Quote from: Luna on August 29, 2012, 10:38:01 PM
Ron Paul supporters treated like shit, Ron Paul says "fuck Romney."  (Paraphrased.)

http://www.thenation.com/blog/169618/his-supporters-treated-atrociously-ron-paul-refuses-back-romney#

While I am happy at this development, I am also of the mind "And fuck Ron Paul, too", seeing as he has never attempted to rein in his followers' more atrocious behavior (such as threatening to rape the 9 year old daughter of an army veteran because said army captain made a cartoon on Facebook making fun of Ron Paul).

So, shit yeah, a plague on both their houses.

But Roger, how is he supposed to combat evey yahoo out there?

Alty,
trying to learn how to argue about why Ron Paul is a bad man because he made a new friend. Without using the tried and true: he's a racist and a homophobe approach.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

tyrannosaurus vex

You don't have to resort to guilt by association to tell that Ron Paul is a bad person. His policies are bad in some places, like his insane pledge to eradicate the department of education. Also he has been a member of the government he derides for a generation and has managed to stop exactly zero of its terrible ideas. Add the fact that his ideal of a "small government," like most conservatives', includes expanding government to deny reproductive freedom, and you have a pretty solid case. And you can get that much just from his campaign site. You don't even have to do any actual work.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Salty

Quote from: v3x on August 30, 2012, 02:12:41 AM
You don't have to resort to guilt by association to tell that Ron Paul is a bad person. His policies are bad in some places, like his insane pledge to eradicate the department of education. Also he has been a member of the government he derides for a generation and has managed to stop exactly zero of its terrible ideas. Add the fact that his ideal of a "small government," like most conservatives', includes expanding government to deny reproductive freedom, and you have a pretty solid case. And you can get that much just from his campaign site. You don't even have to do any actual work.

Thanks, that is helpful.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

LMNO

You might want to read this before Fox takes it down.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/

Which editor let this one slip by?

Quoteto anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan's speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was  Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan's mouth. Said fact checkers have already condemned certain arguments that Ryan still irresponsibly repeated.

AFK

This must be their token Liberal so they can say "see, fair and balanced."
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

QuoteRep. Paul Ryan delivered a fabulous speech Wednesday night. No doubt he benefitted from the skills of speechwriter Matthew Scully, who also helped to carpenter former Gov. Sarah Palin�s well-received acceptance speech at the 2008 convention. But Ryan�s delivery of the text, his winning persona, can�t be discounted. He was by turns energetic, reflective, funny, and, at all times, utterly assured of his worldview.

He hit on all the themes that will feature in the coming campaign against Obama: the wasteful spending; the lack of leadership; the cronyism; Obamacare; the self-regarding verbosity. Ryan, to his credit, acknowledged the economic crisis that Obama inherited and his own party�s lack of fiscal discipline.

There is, however, a great disconnect between Ryan�s reality and the reality that the rest of us inhabit.

In Ryan�s intellectual bubble, Obama is �spending money we don�t have� � unlike, say, his running mate�s budget plan, which does not even attempt to mathematically reconcile its tax cuts, new defense spending, and undefined spending reductions.

In Ryan�s intellectual bubble, there are job creators and entrepreneurs on one side and parasites on the other. There is no account of the vast gray expanse of janitors, waitresses, hotel front-desk clerks, nurses, highway maintenance workers, airport baggage handlers, and taxi drivers. They work hard, but at the end of the day, what can they be said to have �built�?

In Ryan�s intellectual bubble, there is a grand conflict in American life: that between those who believe in an all-powerful government and those who believe our rights derive from �nature and God.� (I wonder: was �nature� capitalized in the text?) This is the sort of windy rhetoric that appeals to the earnest college sophomore on the pre-law track. But what does it have to say about the complexities of global financial capitalism and the moral authoritativeness of its outcomes?

In Ryan�s intellectual bubble, there are pent-up energies in the American economy just waiting to be unleashed by just one more supply-side goosing by the ghost of Jack Kemp.

In Ryan�s intellectual bubble, Obamacare is the a �power play� that �came at the expense of the elderly,� while his and Mitt Romney�s 2010-reprising plan to scare seniors in the short term, while in the long term reducing Medicare spending by the same amount as projected by the Obama administration (but in reality by far more once the crutch of his magical asterisks are kicked away), is a model of courage and intellectual honesty.

In Ryan�s intellectual bubble, Obama blithely chooses to do nothing about long-term debt � even as Ryan himself squelched a budget deal because it raised new revenue (without raising income taxes).

Paul Ryan is a talented, well-intentioned man who has been groomed by, and cultivated in the eco-system of, Washington�s conservative intelligentsia. His speech, for all its many fine qualities, is an emblem of the superficial attractiveness and substantive bankruptcy of this intelligentsia.

Source.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

FOX News apparently didn't dig Paul Ryan's speech. In fact, they destroy it.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/

Wow. If FOX is turning against the GOP...
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Suu

Okay, so I can't read.

But I think it IS their token liberal.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Definitely has a lot more spunk than Alan Colmes, which wouldn't be difficult really.

Suu