News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Steal a Celebrity

Started by DiscordianKitty, March 03, 2011, 09:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiscordianKitty

I declare Charlie Sheen a Discordian Pope. We have now claimed him whether he'd like us to or not. This gives us one up over the Scientologists, who go through all the effort of trying to convince a celebrity to join their Church. Also, all we need to win is Charlie Sheen.
"Demons have existed [...] for at least as long as the gods, who in many ways they closely resemble.
The difference is basically the same as that between terrorists and freedom fighters." Terry Pratchett, Eric

Respect is earned. So is disrespect.

Twitter - @DiscordianKitty

The Good Reverend Roger

I think this is more of a Principia Discussion thing.

Do you mind if I move it?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

DiscordianKitty

"Demons have existed [...] for at least as long as the gods, who in many ways they closely resemble.
The difference is basically the same as that between terrorists and freedom fighters." Terry Pratchett, Eric

Respect is earned. So is disrespect.

Twitter - @DiscordianKitty

LMNO

Could you remind me why we need another drug-fueled self-destructive wife-beating anti-semetic narcissist on our team?

I'd nominate John Cryer, personally.

AFK

How bout we just go the SubG root and recruit ourselves an 80's New Wave icon. 

What's Gary Numan doing these days? 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Touring the Pleasure Principle album.  I saw him a month or so ago.

Telarus

How about we stop arbitrarily 'claiming' Celebrities and go out there and actually recruit a few more like Colbert?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

wudgar

Quote from: Telarus on March 04, 2011, 04:19:55 PM
How about we stop arbitrarily 'claiming' Celebrities and go out there and actually recruit a few more like Colbert?

Olivia Munn might go for it
Shameless whoring; www.zazzle.com/wudgar

Telarus

See, this is the shit we need.

Care to give a reasoning? Doesn't have to be fully worked out or anything, but what gave you the impulse about Olivia Munn?
Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

navkat

Quote from: Telarus on March 04, 2011, 04:19:55 PM

YES. That's the right vibe, man.

Telarus

Yeah, well, the whole "Miley Circus, DEiscordian0-American Princess" thing that some of the girls that Uncle BadTouch knows kinda starting getting dumb. I saw a lot of bluster and talk, but no action to actually approach Miley or get into her head. That's dumb. And pretty much LARPing instead of Discordia. Then this thread happened.
Telarus, KSC,

Diogenes

The late Lawrence of Arabia.

QuoteIt was ignorance of Arabic which made them so superfluously brave, for the Arabs themselves were loud against the tyrannous sun and the breathlessness; but the test-effect was wholesome; and, for effect, I played about, seeming to enjoy myself.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Discordia needs celebrities why?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Nigel on April 18, 2011, 08:11:28 PM
Discordia needs celebrities why?

I guess us regulars folk just aren't outlandish enough...  :|

Diogenes