News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Steal a Celebrity

Started by DiscordianKitty, March 03, 2011, 09:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on April 18, 2011, 08:22:49 PM
Quote from: Diogenes on April 18, 2011, 08:15:09 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 18, 2011, 08:11:28 PM
Discordia needs celebrities why?

Guess.

So we can be a part of a subversive movement that slowly becomes a joke, defanged and muzzled, accessible to all the greyfaces and pinks who think they GET IT, while they continue descending into yet another oligarchy as the world falls down around their ears and they help the machine along instead of trying to break a few cogs here and there?  So we can be just another failed Pagan act?

Am I going to get an answer, or are you just going with an unrelated emote?

Freeky

I gotta say, if you're not going to bother even EXPLAINING your thoughts, let alone defend them, I think you've come to the wrong place, little Suzy.  So why don't you take your stupid ass somewhere else, or act like a fucking biped and explain yourself.  That's not our job, that's YOURS, and if you won't do it, you'll be driven off anyway, because we don't deal with shitnecks who spout off fallacies without explanation or defense.  Places that will want you will be like here and here.  They aren't too fond of big thinkers.  You'll fit right in.

Diogenes

It's time to unwind.

I didn't mean to upset you so much; it wasn't even a serious rebuttal.

I was just being obnoxious.

I extend my sincerest apologies.

:judge:

navkat

Quote from: Diogenes on April 19, 2011, 09:55:26 AM
It's time to unwind.

Folks here can be rough, don't worry about it. I can't see anything you've said for which you should apologize.

Diogenes

Quote from: navkat on April 19, 2011, 09:57:46 AM
It's time to unwind.

Folks here can be rough, don't worry about it. I can't see anything you've said for which you should apologize.

You are too kind.

However, forums such as this tend to be sceptical and even hostile towards newcomers - often quite rightly so, for how can they not be? - and one does have a habit of letting the keyboard run away a little even whilst playing the guest in unfamiliar territory.

LMNO

On the other hand, you still haven't really explained yourself.

A small sliver of advice: You're bound to catch more shit for not bothering to expound on an idea than doing so and being wrong.

Because at least with the latter approach, you're showing confidence in your position.  Otherwise, you look like a coward.

The Commander

Instead of claiming celebs, lets make one of our own. 

Quick...someone do something that will make them famous.

It only counts if it ends up on youtube.
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Commander on April 19, 2011, 02:06:46 PM

Wannabe rock star here. Pimp out my demo to everyone. See the links in my signature.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Commander on April 19, 2011, 02:06:46 PM

My kid is on youtube.  Making a most stupedously awesome touchdown!! 

Freeky

It's time to unwind.

Here's a thought;  Stop being obnoxious and actually participate in the conversation that YOU started.  Man up or go home.

Freeky

Quote from: navkat on April 19, 2011, 09:57:46 AM
It's time to unwind.

That's because he hasn't said anything except for telling us to figure out why his idea was a good one.

LMNO

You know what?  Considering the quality of female we have here, I propose our new phrase be "grow a pair of labia".

As in,

Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on April 19, 2011, 04:10:05 PM
Here's a thought;  Stop being obnoxious and actually participate in the conversation that YOU started.  Grow a pair of labia or go home.

Luna

Quote from: Diogenes on April 19, 2011, 10:04:53 AM
You are too kind.

However, forums such as this tend to be sceptical and even hostile towards newcomers - often quite rightly so, for how can they not be? - and one does have a habit of letting the keyboard run away a little even whilst playing the guest in unfamiliar territory.

You are laboring under a misconception.

See, I'm new here, just a few months... and nobody has been hostile (well, aside from the normal level of hostility flung at everyone for just occupying the planet, that is).

Lurk for awhile, get a feel for the place.  Understand that the folks who've been here awhile will take higher levels of shit from each other than they will from somebody new, just like you'd take more shit from your college buddies than you would a stranger on the street.  

As you said, you're a guest.  (Hell, I don't even raid the fridge without asking, just yet.)  
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 19, 2011, 04:12:11 PM
You know what?  Considering the quality of female we have here, I propose our new phrase be "grow a pair of labia".

As in,

Here's a thought;  Stop being obnoxious and actually participate in the conversation that YOU started.  Grow a pair of labia or go home.

I like this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 19, 2011, 04:12:11 PM

As in,

:lulz:  That's awesome.