News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Steal a Celebrity

Started by DiscordianKitty, March 03, 2011, 09:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on April 19, 2011, 04:16:21 PM
Quote from: Diogenes on April 19, 2011, 10:04:53 AM
You are too kind.

However, forums such as this tend to be sceptical and even hostile towards newcomers - often quite rightly so, for how can they not be? - and one does have a habit of letting the keyboard run away a little even whilst playing the guest in unfamiliar territory.

You are laboring under a misconception.

See, I'm new here, just a few months... and nobody has been hostile (well, aside from the normal level of hostility flung at everyone for just occupying the planet, that is).

Lurk for awhile, get a feel for the place.  Understand that the folks who've been here awhile will take higher levels of shit from each other than they will from somebody new, just like you'd take more shit from your college buddies than you would a stranger on the street.  

As you said, you're a guest.  (Hell, I don't even raid the fridge without asking, just yet.)  

Also, this!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Luna rides the correct motorbike.

Diogenes

Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on April 19, 2011, 04:11:41 PM
That's because he hasn't said anything except for telling us to figure out why his idea was a good one.

Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on April 19, 2011, 04:11:41 PM
Here's a thought;  Stop being obnoxious and actually participate in the conversation that YOU started.  Man up or go home.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I was the OP. Either way,

:drama1:

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Diogenes, it's really simple. All you have to do is not be a dick, and people here will, for the most part, be really nice to you. Sort of like in real life, right?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Diogenes

Quote from: Nigel on April 19, 2011, 05:06:37 PM
Diogenes, it's really simple. All you have to do is not be a dick, and people here will, for the most part, be really nice to you. Sort of like in real life, right?

k

I have already apologised, but I would like to further retract my one-word shitstorm causer, "Guess."

LMNO

Don't retract, answer.  WHY DOES DISCORDIA NEED CELEBRITIES?

Diogenes

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 19, 2011, 05:10:50 PM

Ok I got this. I don't really think it needs celebrities, but it was a fun idea for a thread so people are joining in because it doesn't make any difference whether they use it or not, since even if said celebrities were even to hear of this thread, the improbability factor of them giving a fuck is exceedingly high.

The Commander

I bet we would get celeberties if we gave them pie.
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

Telarus

Definitely Pie.

We may have some luck slipping Zenarchist material to Jim Carey. He recently went on some transcendental meditation schtick a while back, and it really seems to have stuck with him (he dumped Jenny).

I want "celebrity" nodes which are familiar with our memes or are in, or tangential to, our distribution networks. But that's hard to pull off without going all $cientology.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Diogenes

Quote from: Telarus on April 19, 2011, 07:48:11 PM
We may have some luck slipping Zenarchist material to Jim Carey. He recently went on some transcendental meditation schtick a while back, and it really seems to have stuck with him (he dumped Jenny).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4cbzUG2V-I&feature=player_embedded

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 19, 2011, 05:10:50 PM

DISCORDIA DOESNT NEED CELIBRITIES
BUT CELEBRITIES NEED DISCORDIA

\

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.