News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

I have reached a terrible turning point in life.

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, March 07, 2011, 11:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Free Market demands both.

Also: Midle Eastern joints.  Grilled chicken and veggies. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Placid Dingo

The type of places that usually offer it in Japan are very seedy and usually mafia owned.

Strangely western places which do it tend to be more classy about it. For a certain value of classy.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Requia ☣

Get a steamer to cook your veggies with.  Makes them much much better.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

tyrannosaurus vex

cooking veggies removes all nutrition!

also, i oppose veggieburgers and turkeyburgers on principle.

turkey bacon is ok, but it just feels wrong.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nast

Japanese food, being sparse in red meat and absent in dairy is generally low in cholesterol:

Cucumber salads
Miso soup
Grilled fish/chickens
Rice and pickles
Simmered vegetable stews

Sushi is okay, as long as it's nigiri or fish/vegetable rolls. The Americanized ones with spicy sauce, cream cheese, or deep fried doo-dads are of course to be avoided.
And tempura is best eaten in moderation.

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 08, 2011, 12:51:56 AM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on March 08, 2011, 12:51:26 AM
I know theres some ethically questionable establishments that serve sushi on naked girls.

How the fuck is that questionable?

Suppose that depends on how well they wash the girls after the last guy...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

LMNO

You just have to keep in mind that most spices and herbs don't have calories (sure, ok-- they have an insignificant amount of calories).

Garlic, hot peppers, thyme, rosemary, oregano, paprika, and lemon juice all flavor veggies well.

An idea:

Cut broccoli into florets.  Arrange on baking sheet with sliced thai chilis, garlic, and a small amount of olive oil (which has the good cholesterol).  Roast at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Remove from oven, squeeze half a lemon over the top.  Eat.

Suu

First of all. Kill the red meat. Yes, it sucks, but if I had to do it for my diet, so can you. Turkey burgers aren't the same, but ground turkey works in dishes like pasta sauce and you'll still need proteins. Chicken is FANTASTIC because you can flavor it with anything and it's hard to fuck up unless you undercook or overcook it. If you want chicken recipes, I can give you a dozen, it's all I pretty much eat.

Keep pork at a minimum. Although it's easier to digest than red meat, it still contains a lot of fat...and the only kind of pig that's good is a fat pig, unfortunately. Bake your bacon instead of frying it, etc.

Also, eat Honey Nut Cheerios, at least a bowl a day (keep it in 2% milk. FUCK Skim, that shit's just white water). They're high in whole grains and fiber that's good for the cholesterol and they don't taste like ass. My dad eats them every morning and it really does help. They also make a nice snack when dry.

Carrots are a terrible idea. They only contain a few nutrients and the rest is pure sugar. There's better veggies that are more beneficial. If you do salads as often as I do, stay clear of the iceberg lettuce. It has no flavor or nutrition. Do romaine at the very least, and if you can take the pungent leafy flavors, get a mesclun/spring mix. They can taste like dirt, but very nutritious dirt.

Believe it or not, avoid low-fat/fat-free dips and dressings. They supplement the loss of fats with sugars that are even worse for you and give you TERRIBLE gas that the veggies are already going to augment. Do yourself a favor, eat the real dressing, but in moderation. Your brain needs fats to function, and that's a good way to get them in your system.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 08, 2011, 06:07:12 AM
Get a steamer to cook your veggies with.  Makes them much much better.
yes.
Quote from: postvex™ on March 08, 2011, 06:42:23 AM
cooking veggies removes all nutrition!
it is my understanding that cooking the veggies does remove a certain percentage of the contained nutrients (but certainly not all, and less if you steam rather than boil, and less if you bake the stuff that can be baked), however, it is also my understanding that cooked veggies are significantly more digestible by our pansy ass guts allowing for significantly more nutrient uptake that more than makes up for the loss.
i have no citation to quote on this though...

Dysfunctional Cunt

In all honesty you can just cook most of the stuff from here..... 

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=18015.0

LMNO's kale chips are the best snack ever and we eat them at least once a week!!!

Since I've been at PD I've picked up tons of ways to make really healthy food that my kids will eat.

LMNO

Heh.  Thanks Khara, but be warned: My recipes usually have salt/fat as active components, and if you're wanting to bring down your blood pressure and/or diet hard, be prepared to find substitutes or cut down on the amount shown.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 08, 2011, 03:02:31 PM
Heh.  Thanks Khara, but be warned: My recipes usually have salt/fat as active components, and if you're wanting to bring down your blood pressure and/or diet hard, be prepared to find substitutes or cut down on the amount shown.

You know LMNO, you use less salt and fats than some of the diet recipes I have....  But people need to remember that your body does need some fat and salt, while most can be gotten from the foods you are eating. 

Oh another favorite snack at my house...

Jicama sticks, cucumber and squash slices,  sprinkled with chili salt.  I mix chili powder with very fine salt in a shaker bottle.  YUM!!!

Jenne

I think portion size can also be an issue.  Get used to eating smaller portions of ANY carb or meat (palm of your hand for rice, grains and potatoes, small deck of cards for portions of meat).  Veggies, you can go nuts.  And think omega-3's instead of comfort foods.  Fish, leafy greens, legumes and the like.  Herbs, spices and small bits of olive oil (the GOOD fat!) are the way to bring flavor back.  GET COZY WITH GARLIC!  It's great for you and makes things hella tastier.

AFK

Quote from: Khara on March 08, 2011, 02:57:09 PM
In all honesty you can just cook most of the stuff from here..... 

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=18015.0

LMNO's kale chips are the best snack ever and we eat them at least once a week!!!

Since I've been at PD I've picked up tons of ways to make really healthy food that my kids will eat.

Bleh, a co-worker sat next to me in a meeting with kale chips the other day and they were highly offensive.  Or maybe it was her.  who knows. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.