News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

I.. I think I'm in love with this woman..

Started by Disco Pickle, March 10, 2011, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on April 05, 2011, 05:36:31 AM
Actually, before you all start doing the "Misty eyed ex Colonial" thing (Too late, I know)

I still don't buy that whole "Cornwallis lost" business.  This is all some sort of elaborate troll.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 05, 2011, 05:08:21 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on April 05, 2011, 05:36:31 AM
Actually, before you all start doing the "Misty eyed ex Colonial" thing (Too late, I know)

I still don't buy that whole "Cornwallis lost" business.  This is all some sort of elaborate troll.
Cornwallis didn't lose. He surrendered. To a rag tag Army of Rebels, and fucking Frenchmen! *The Shame*. Not that he surrendered, (He'd been ordered to do that anyway) but that he surrendered to an Army half full of Frogs! That wasn't in the agreement. When he realised Rochambeau was going to be with Washington, at the formal surrendering of his Sword, he said "Fuck that, I'm not going to surrender in front of any filthy Frenchman!" so he sent some Irishman in his place, called O'Hara, as a snub to the Frenchy. France had never been present in any situation where the British had been defeated, and Rochambeau probably paid George with a big lump of Canada, to officially be present and witness England accepting  they'd been pwnd.
France were so pissed off at this, that they went away hatin' on the Irish too. A few years later, they tried to invade Ireland   :lulz:   but Cornwallis whooped em good. Then he whooped the Irish. again.
just because.

Or did you mean Cornwall is lost?  It's not. It's  just trying to get across Bodmin Moor at this time of year was so bleak, depressing and pointless, that people would come back instead . When asked what Cornwall was like, they'd say "Cornwall? it's been lost".
"We went across Bodmin, and where Cornwall should have been, there was just more fucking Bodmin. for evar. So we come on back".
Then no one bothered going there for about 70 years. Wasn't much point before it had been lost. Even less after. It was rediscovered by the Exmoor Hounds, while chasing a Fox around SW England. The Fox got away, but we were saddled with the burden of Cornwall again.  :evilmad:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

The Good Reverend Roger

1.  Cornwallis took a dive.  You fuckers dumped all your religious nuts on us, provoked us till we lost our shit, and then "surrendered", leaving US to deal with all the fucking puritan assholes you flushed.

2.  Cornwall has to exist, BB, or people in Southampton would start wearing beards with no mustaches, and you'd have to move everyone North, into the mythical "Midlands" that I have already proven aren't actually there.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

Cornwall is just the appendix of Great Britain. Seriously...part of the large intestine where the Normans shoved more of the ugly ass locals out of their way.

Now Wales...WALES is just the goddamn rectum. You can take out your appendix, but shit's gotta come out of somewhere.

-Suu
House of Oakley, Bishop's Castle, Shropshire.
"We've been fighting those extra-consonant using fuckers back since we got here in 1066!" <--- Actual house motto.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 05, 2011, 07:37:28 PM
1.  Cornwallis took a dive.  You fuckers dumped all your religious nuts on us, provoked us till we lost our shit, and then "surrendered", leaving US to deal with all the fucking puritan assholes you flushed.
Ah yes, while I'm here, I'd just like to say that personally, I apologize wholeheartedly for those Puritans. But what the fuck else were we supposed to do with the crazy bastards? We tried burning them, hanging them, converting them, subverting them, they bred like fucking Catholics, they made really anti-social neighbors, they turned up in our Churches, and frowned a lot. They didn't want to be here, and we didn't want them here,  the inquisition was still active on the continent, but they could only take a few at a time. They wanted to fuck off, we didn't make them go to America,  we just sold them some leaky old tubs, and  waved them off. And you were even worse than we were at getting them to integrate. And worse than anything else, you gave them "Democracy" to subvert,  moralise for, and twist to their own ends.
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 05, 2011, 07:37:28 PM

2.  Cornwall has to exist, BB, or people in Southampton would start wearing beards with no mustaches, and you'd have to move everyone North, into the mythical "Midlands" that I have already proven aren't actually there.
Oh we found it again, and  guess where it was? Yeah the far side of  Bodmin. Where we left it.

BadBeast

The Midlands, far from not being there, are thriving. The Name "Midlands" isn't  a geographic moniker. Cat safrTim ave  It's Carmic redrum from an.
right  
Land of the Mead Makers_

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on April 05, 2011, 10:41:19 PM
The Midlands, far from not being there, are thriving. The Name "Midlands" isn't  a geographic moniker. Cat safrTim ave  It's Carmic redrum from an.
I

Balls.  Coventry was burned down in the blitz, and Milton Keynes is a fucking economist.  You guys are just making shit up.

BadBeast

we don't need to make shit up. We have History. You couldn't make that shit up but, . ....we did.

navkat

I <3 the Coke-ette. She's up there with Violent Acres.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on April 05, 2011, 10:58:28 PM
we don't need to make shit up. We have History. You couldn't make that shit up but, . ....we did.

YEAH?  WELL, WE HAVE SOME HISTORY.

Some.  A little, anyway, but it's OURS and we hardly cribbed ANY of it from YOU.  Except that common law thing.  And that bit from the Magna Carta.  And we show up late to world wars.

BUT OTHER THAN THAT, WE'RE HISTORICAL AS ALL HELL!

Suu

Quote from: BadBeast on April 05, 2011, 09:19:19 PM
1066?

I laughed.

But that's because I'm a fucking nerd.

Suu
-In the eye and everything!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 05, 2011, 11:05:48 PM

Some.  A little, anyway, but it's OURS and we hardly cribbed ANY of it from YOU.  Except that common law thing.  And that bit from the Magna Carta.  And we show up late to world wars.

:suu:

Don Coyote

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on April 05, 2011, 11:17:42 PM

:suu:

This part made my ribs hurt.

BadBeast

YEAH?  WELL, WE HAVE SOME HISTORY.

Some.  A little, anyway, but it's OURS and we hardly cribbed ANY of it from YOU.  Except that common law thing.  And that bit from the Magna Carta.  And we show up late to world wars.

BUT OTHER THAN THAT, WE'RE HISTORICAL HYSTERICAL AS ALL HELL!
Fixt.
England. Uo in yuor Histories, Ninja Editing yuor constitution