News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

In all the Hullaballoo, we forgot about the latest round of McCarthyism.

Started by LMNO, March 11, 2011, 02:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Never mind, it was a non-starter.

Peter King, the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, held his long-awaited hearing on Muslim radicalization yesterday... It was a dud.

In a press conference afterward, King blamed the media for having built up "baseless" expectations of Islamophobic McCarthyism. He accused his critics of "mindless hysteria." But that isn't what happened. The press expected a broad indictment of the Muslim community because that's what King had promised. But he didn't deliver.

http://www.slate.com/id/2287994/

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Well, his former IRA shinanigans came out straight away.  He probably thought he could fearmonger his way through something like this.  And he was probably very nearly right.