News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

I Know Ron Paul Is Not Very Popular Here, But...

Started by hooplala, March 02, 2011, 08:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 16, 2011, 04:12:51 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 16, 2011, 02:45:49 PM
Hm.  Valid points, all.

I suppose I was thinking more narrowly, as in, "If the leaders of Egypt, Tunisia, et al were such dictators, why were we supporting their regime?"

*points at our entire history as a nation*

Though to be fair, the first bit of our history was pretty isolationist and "exporting democracy" wasn't anything we were interested in. If Egypt had a dictator that was Egypt's problem. However, since WWI, we've made it pretty clear we will fucking anything if it gets us ahead somehow. Dictators, Revolutions, Patsies, Puppets and Bogymen... its all good if it's to the short term benefit of the US.
:lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 16, 2011, 04:18:49 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 16, 2011, 04:12:51 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 16, 2011, 02:45:49 PM
Hm.  Valid points, all.

I suppose I was thinking more narrowly, as in, "If the leaders of Egypt, Tunisia, et al were such dictators, why were we supporting their regime?"

*points at our entire history as a nation*

Though to be fair, the first bit of our history was pretty isolationist and "exporting democracy" wasn't anything we were interested in. If Egypt had a dictator that was Egypt's problem. However, since WWI, we've made it pretty clear we will fucking anything if it gets us ahead somehow. Dictators, Revolutions, Patsies, Puppets and Bogymen... its all good if it's to the short term benefit of the US.
:lulz:

For real fun, look at our history between 1865 and 1918.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.