News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

FAUST! PLEASE TO READ.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 24, 2011, 02:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Annoying blinky light tee shirt asshole ad is back on the bottom of the screen.

What's annoying about this is that the fuckwad didn't learn the first time around.  Blinky ads don't sell shit, they just make people hate him and his product.

Can you do anything about this?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

He's banned now. I'm going to remove the adverts altogether as soon as I have a day off to work on the site.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 24, 2011, 02:17:42 PM
He's banned now. I'm going to remove the adverts altogether as soon as I have a day off to work on the site.

He's banned from advertising, or banned from the board?  I know he used to post here a bit.

Also, the other ads aren't too bad (with one startling exception).  If you can remove his ad, there's no sense cutting off a source of revenue for the board.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Some of them are actually funny.  Not the epileptic seizure inducing blinking shit one, but a few have given me a chuckle or two.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2011, 02:21:26 PM
Quote from: Faust on March 24, 2011, 02:17:42 PM

He's banned from advertising, or banned from the board?  I know he used to post here a bit.

Also, the other ads aren't too bad (with one startling exception).  If you can remove his ad, there's no sense cutting off a source of revenue for the board.
He's banned from advertising because I asked him once before to remove that and he ignored it. Not banned from the forum.

Pope Pixie Pickle

the one about rollign your own ciggies has me smoking more  :argh!:

Triple Zero

Quote from: Pixie on March 24, 2011, 05:58:09 PM
the one about rollign your own ciggies has me smoking more  :argh!:

OMG I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM

:(

I think I'll just block that particular image. I don't like being played on my addictions very much. Even though it's obviously not the ad's intention--which is to sell leather tobacco pouches--tobaccessories--looked at the site, decided I don't want or need one, then lit another cigarette. I am offended, however, that the one proper brand of rolling tobacco (Javaanse Jongens) is not listed in their poll!!

Hey uhm, question, would I be a terrible person if I'd just block those ads altogether entirely? Because even when they're not about tobacco they always distract me (which is the point of ads, of course) and sometimes bugger something that makes the page never finish loading to 100% (this is not specific to projectwonderful, it happens to me on lots of sites and sometimes with images from people's sigs as well--LMNO's antidrug image for instance--I suspect it's related to either Opera, something in my Linux or the Gods of the Internets simply being cunts).

My usual modus operandi whenever I notice an ad on some website is distracting me from the content on it, I add a rule to my blocklist to block it. Cause I don't really believe in paying for Internet content when the currency is my attention span and ability to focus. Ad companies cannot afford what it's worth to me.

The reason why I didn't block them here, is because, well it's PD, and I feel like I'm responsible for keeping it running. But I wonder, when do you actually get money for it? Pageviews, clicks, or when someone buys something? Cause I know I'll never buy something off those ads. I never buy something when the seller comes to me with an offer. But I do click them, and not because I they earn you/us money, but because sometimes they actually succeed in catching my attention and I want to know what they're going on about.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Faust

That's not a problem at all, since day one I said block the adverts if you don't like them. Especially if im going to be removing them anyway