News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Religous Argumentationating

Started by pH, March 14, 2011, 10:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sexecutioner Chao Tight

So I had crafted a reply, being sympathetic to the [fellow] n00b, but didn't post thinking he'd been run off.   Thankfully, you are still around, so all that damn typing wasn't for naught.

Oh, what the fuck I'll play. 
I believe that which will get me through the day with the minimum of harm to myself and others around me.  The only logical reason I try to avoid harming others is that the society I live in has repercussions for doing so.  While a .22 and a back-hoe can take care of a lot of bodies, there is the issue of authorities noticing fresh dirt.  I also have the option of mine shafts in remote parts of the country, but finding those can be time consuming and labor intensive.  Plus, the Jeep is getting close to needing a new engine.

Sorry, I kind of rabbit-trailed there.  Back to beliefs.  Essentially I cherry-pick what I like, make up other shit that makes my happy and incorporate it all, or not as I see fit.  This system, or lack thereof is the underpinnings of the First Church of the Burnt Lizard.  The only requirement for joining my church is that you must kill spiders.
Because I said so.  No logic there, fuck you if you can't deal with it.   :whack:
Is what I had to say.  To which I'll add that basically, you cherry-pick and do what you please which I can respect - you just use someone else's labeling system.  How lame.
High Priestess of the First Church of the Burnt Lizard.  Protector of Chickens.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Donald Coyote on March 15, 2011, 01:50:49 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2011, 01:50:30 AM
Quote from: pH on March 15, 2011, 01:46:20 AM
A lot of life is retarded. People got into college without being able to write a coherent sentence, walk around with pants at their knees and three layers of oversize jackets in 80 degree weather.

Sort of like mixing up a bunch of useless philosophers and calling it "Eclectic Wicca"?
Par for the course?

Well, at least he didn't rattle off 10 completely unrelated Gods.

But the philosophy thing is, when you think about it, pretty much the same.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

pH

Precisely.

Though retarded, potentially and most likely completely illogical, unreliable, useless, and a pointless waste of time in every way except as a tool to waste my time, I decided they are mine.

Retarded? Of course.

This is a distraction.

QuoteTOMAHAWKS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sexecutioner Chao Tight on March 15, 2011, 01:51:44 AM
So I had crafted a reply, being sympathetic to the [fellow] n00b, but didn't post thinking he'd been run off.   Thankfully, you are still around, so all that damn typing wasn't for naught.

Oh, what the fuck I'll play. 
I believe that which will get me through the day with the minimum of harm to myself and others around me.  The only logical reason I try to avoid harming others is that the society I live in has repercussions for doing so.  While a .22 and a back-hoe can take care of a lot of bodies, there is the issue of authorities noticing fresh dirt.  I also have the option of mine shafts in remote parts of the country, but finding those can be time consuming and labor intensive.  Plus, the Jeep is getting close to needing a new engine.

Sorry, I kind of rabbit-trailed there.  Back to beliefs.  Essentially I cherry-pick what I like, make up other shit that makes my happy and incorporate it all, or not as I see fit.  This system, or lack thereof is the underpinnings of the First Church of the Burnt Lizard.  The only requirement for joining my church is that you must kill spiders.
Because I said so.  No logic there, fuck you if you can't deal with it.   :whack:
Is what I had to say.  To which I'll add that basically, you cherry-pick and do what you please which I can respect - you just use someone else's labeling system.  How lame.

PH, pay no attention to SCT.  He/she is the reason Mormons are so damn surly all the time.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

pH

I use the label "Wicca" because I like how it sounds, and take the general outline from there.
For example, I would refer to the Lady and her consort, but its more as a pretty label for karma than a belief in corporeal or non-corporeal beings.
Also, I have/wear a pentacle, but again, mainly because I like how it looks.
This is a distraction.

QuoteTOMAHAWKS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: pH on March 15, 2011, 01:58:18 AM
I use the label "Wicca" because I like how it sounds, and take the general outline from there.
For example, I would refer to the Lady and her consort, but its more as a pretty label for karma than a belief in corporeal or non-corporeal beings.
Also, I have/wear a pentacle, but again, mainly because I like how it looks.

Karma is absolute bullshit, no different than the weirdest Pentacostals, except that it isn't as funny.

Phox

Quote from: pH on March 15, 2011, 01:40:54 AM
I'm here, I was throwing tomahawks at a palm tree.

As far as eclectic Wicca, think of it like Karma with a fancy name and Kantian deontology combined with Shopenhauer misanthropy, with a good dose of cynicism on top of that. As far as magick, I dont think it really works, nor do I dance naked etc., its just quiet me-time.
LOLWAT.  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 15, 2011, 01:59:29 AM
Quote from: pH on March 15, 2011, 01:40:54 AM
I'm here, I was throwing tomahawks at a palm tree.

As far as eclectic Wicca, think of it like Karma with a fancy name and Kantian deontology combined with Shopenhauer misanthropy, with a good dose of cynicism on top of that. As far as magick, I dont think it really works, nor do I dance naked etc., its just quiet me-time.
LOLWAT.  :lulz:

He is known and noted for his outlandish eclecticism.

pH

The funny part is that I'm not entirely sure you all have realized I wasn't kidding about throwing tomahawks at a palm tree.

And sure, call karma bullshit. No difference to me.
This is a distraction.

QuoteTOMAHAWKS

Phox

Seriously, I question whether ph understands the words he/she is using, or just heard someone uses those really cool words and decided to use them too.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: pH on March 15, 2011, 02:02:18 AM
The funny part is that I'm not entirely sure you all have realized I wasn't kidding about throwing tomahawks at a palm tree.

The funny thing is that you think we'd give a damn.   :lulz:

Don Coyote

It doesn't matter if you were or weren't throwing 'hawks at a tree, palm or otherwise. You felt you had to share it, like it makes you cool, or different, or something.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 15, 2011, 02:03:27 AM
Seriously, I question whether ph understands the words he/she is using, or just heard someone uses those really cool words and decided to use them too.

Do you think he's being ironic?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Donald Coyote on March 15, 2011, 02:04:45 AM

It doesn't matter if you were or weren't throwing 'hawks at a tree, palm or otherwise. You felt you had to share it, like it makes you cool, or different, or something.

Well, how else is he supposed to show us how zany he is?

Boy, it's a good thing this doesn't happen 5 times a month, or anything.

HEY, PH:  I HAVE SOME ADVICE FOR YOU.  IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, SAY SO.  IF NOT, THEN BY ALL MEANS CARRY ON.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2011, 02:06:05 AM
Quote from: Donald Coyote on March 15, 2011, 02:04:45 AM

Well, how else is he supposed to show us how zany he is?

Boy, it's a good thing this doesn't happen 5 times a month, or anything.

HEY, PH:  I HAVE SOME ADVICE FOR YOU.  IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, SAY SO.  IF NOT, THEN BY ALL MEANS CARRY ON.

With outlandish clothing?