Religous Argumentationating

Started by pH, March 14, 2011, 10:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Donald Coyote on March 15, 2011, 02:07:29 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2011, 02:06:05 AM
Quote from: Donald Coyote on March 15, 2011, 02:04:45 AM
Quote from: pH on March 15, 2011, 02:02:18 AM
The funny part is that I'm not entirely sure you all have realized I wasn't kidding about throwing tomahawks at a palm tree.

It doesn't matter if you were or weren't throwing 'hawks at a tree, palm or otherwise. You felt you had to share it, like it makes you cool, or different, or something.

Well, how else is he supposed to show us how zany he is?

Boy, it's a good thing this doesn't happen 5 times a month, or anything.

HEY, PH:  I HAVE SOME ADVICE FOR YOU.  IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, SAY SO.  IF NOT, THEN BY ALL MEANS CARRY ON.

With outlandish clothing?

I am certain that will follow.

Jesus, it's like they read from a script...And when you point that out, they go into fucking overdrive.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

pH

It was more being wary about other peoples sarcasm, if I was going for "lets impress everyone" I wouldn't start on tomahawks, that just requires boredom and enough money to buy a tomahawk.

And I know what I'm saying, I try to avoid prestigious jargon fallacies, but I also don't want to explain all of that crap.

And no, I just wear jeans and T-shirts, sorry to disappoint.
This is a distraction.

QuoteTOMAHAWKS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: pH on March 15, 2011, 02:11:40 AM
It was more being wary about other peoples sarcasm, if I was going for "lets impress everyone" I wouldn't start on tomahawks, that just requires boredom and enough money to buy a tomahawk.

And I know what I'm saying, I try to avoid prestigious jargon fallacies, but I also don't want to explain all of that crap.

And no, I just wear jeans and T-shirts, sorry to disappoint.

What the fuck does that even mean?

And, no, you were trying desperately to impress with the tomahawk bullshit.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm going to hold off on the usual shit one last time and offer that advice.

And then, well, let's have a party.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: pH on March 15, 2011, 01:58:18 AM
I use the label "Wicca" because I like how it sounds, and take the general outline from there.
For example, I would refer to the Lady and her consort, but its more as a pretty label for karma than a belief in corporeal or non-corporeal beings.
Also, I have/wear a pentacle, but again, mainly because I like how it looks.

Karma is a Hindu concept, and chances are you are using it wrong anyways. 
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

His IP is new, but it resolves to the same place as a few other recent accounts.

Interesting.

Golden Applesauce

Fifty post suggestion?

Quote from: pH on March 15, 2011, 02:02:18 AM
The funny part is that I'm not entirely sure you all have realized I wasn't kidding about throwing tomahawks at a palm tree.

And sure, call karma bullshit. No difference to me.

Palm trees are as good a target as any for ax throwing.

SO ANYWAY, when you use the word "karma," what do you mean?  That word's gotten attached to a variety of concepts, not all of which hold water.  That, and I'm not aware of any that would lend themselves to being symbolized by the (which?) Lady.

(also, just FYI, name-dropping philosophers doesn't get you very far here.  I recommend explaining what you understand Kantian deontology and Schopenhauer misanthropy to be, or doing the reverse and retracting that statement.)
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2011, 02:16:29 AM
His IP is new, but it resolves to the same place as a few other recent accounts.

Interesting.

Perhaps someone started a cabal or did some evangelizing in that area?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on March 15, 2011, 02:17:55 AM
Fifty post suggestion?

Fuck no.  I'm about 65% certain he isn't actually new, if you catch my drift, and he's a wanker.

I've offered to clue him in twice, and he's blown past it.  Either he's "an old friend", or he's the next AKK.  Either way, I don't feel the need to observe the 50 post rule, because 50 posts about how outlandish he and his tomahawks are would cause me to rupture an intestine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on March 15, 2011, 02:18:54 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2011, 02:16:29 AM

Interesting.

Perhaps someone started a cabal or did some evangelizing in that area?

Perhaps.

And perhaps Robert Bork will fly out of my ass on a unicycle.

Phox

Sorry, skipper, but you can either explain it, or I'm going to say that you're full of shit, especially since I know about those concepts and they don't really mesh, when you get down to it. So, you're either talking out of your ass, or you have some insight. t's the former if you don't explain for sure, and 85% chance of bullshit if you do, but I'll give you the 15% benefit of the doubt.

Golden Applesauce

I agree that this one doesn't seem to be a keeper, but if we all come on this strong then I don't think he'll reveal enough about his belief system for us to destroy it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 15, 2011, 02:23:07 AM

Sorry, skipper, but you can either explain it, or I'm going to say that you're full of shit, especially since I know about those concepts and they don't really mesh, when you get down to it. So, you're either talking out of your ass, or you have some insight. t's the former if you don't explain for sure, and 85% chance of bullshit if you do, but I'll give you the 15% benefit of the doubt.

You're wasting your time.  I can feel it down in my diseased and scabby testicles.

The Wizard

Is he even still online? According to the Who's Online thing, He's been posting in this thread for a while now...
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on March 15, 2011, 02:24:02 AM
I agree that this one doesn't seem to be a keeper, but if we all come on this strong then I don't think he'll reveal enough about his belief system for us to destroy it.

I'm okay with that.  I'm a horrible cunt to people I like, so when someone this outlandish comes along, it's like fucking Christmas and my birthday and fucking John Boehner in the eye socket all at once.