News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

Pressure and Release

Started by Jasper, March 15, 2011, 08:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

The City is a product of economic forces.  

The textile and iron industries of the 18th century, the rise of patents and the advent of steam engines making urban population growth inevitable.  

Trains made the city.  They were it's veins.

Trains also made rock'n'roll.  Trains rock, and trains roll.  Ask Johnny Burnette.  He met a dame, on a train.  "Get along, creepy little woman."

I hardly need to spell out who She was.  

People argue about where rock and roll came from.  I have a hunch it was made on trains by scary alcoholic hobos, mixing blues and country and everything that felt right.

That's what rock and roll is.  Everything that feels right, in a place where nothing does.

Rock on, PD.

The Good Reverend Roger

Rock n Roll was created so that White kids could dance badly, and pretend they had half an understanding of what Louis Armstrong was talking about.  The why and the how was immaterial, except that the birth pains were a nightmare (Bill Haley and the Comets, for example). 

However, it soon morphed into something both horrible and amazing, from Fat Elvis through the Stones, right down to Lady Gaga (Who, incidentally, is the first real Blues singer since Early Elton John to make it big...She doesn't JUST do Blues, of course, but when she does, it's AMAZING)...And you can't have rock n roll without the Blues.

And PD? 

PD produces 80% gonads and strife, but the pressure that develops allows for the other 20%, which is pure fucking gold.  Some can't or won't hack it; the bitchiness and the stupid shit that runs the furnace of Eris.

And I have no time for those people.  I don't hate them or despise them, it's just that I have a limited amount of time, and I prefer to spend it on rock n rollers.  You is or you isn't, and if you isn't...Well, no hard feelings, but I won't have much time to chat, no matter what your reasoning is.

"I just can't take the bullshit" <--- Like the rest of the world is any better.

"It's taking time away from my pot smoking/drinking" <---- 6 people, by my count.  No shit.

"You hurt me, so I'm leaving, and THEN you'll be sorry" <---- all too many people.

"You People don't measure up to my standards."  <--- Fuck off, and you know who you are.

So, yeah, there's quite a bit of pressure, both in PD and in rock n roll.  Not everyone can deal with it, and though nobody is forced to choose sides, I do.  I choose the rock n rollers, the maniacs, the people who understand that Saturday Night takes hard work and bastard attention.

And the rest, in both cases?  Well, there's always Linkin Park.  They understand your pain.

But I don't understand your "music", nor do I care to.

That is all.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 16, 2011, 07:05:07 PM
And the Beat goes on.

The Beat always goes on.  It's still out there, even when someone special turns the volume down and starts listening to Captain & Teniel while driving in the right hand lane.

I can hear it.  I can FEEL it, pounding through the speakers, and scrambling my internal organs.

Shit yeah. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

Grist for the mill.  Not all strife is bad.  Tranquility is anathema to rock'n'roll.  But the music can kill some people, so we don't grudge them a moment of peace now and again.