Adam Grass suspended from VA school for possesion of Oregeno

Started by Disco Pickle, March 17, 2011, 02:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disco Pickle

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/17/virginia-middle-school-students-suspended-for-oregano-possession/?test=latestnews

choice quote:
QuoteThe elder Grass also explains that his son was merely holding onto the oregano for a friend, meaning he's really just an innocent spice trafficker.

This will likely get picked up by Chuck Shepard's site. 
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Phox

Quote from: Pickled Starfish on March 17, 2011, 02:42:52 PM
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/17/virginia-middle-school-students-suspended-for-oregano-possession/?test=latestnews

choice quote:
QuoteThe elder Grass also explains that his son was merely holding onto the oregano for a friend, meaning he's really just an innocent spice trafficker.

What.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Dude's last name is Grass...
:lulz:

yeah, yeah, Ratatosk is easily amused.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 17, 2011, 06:00:28 PM

choice quote:

What.

public school officials are loosing their minds all over the country.  I read one the other day about a girl getting suspended for not reporting her acne antibiotics.  Zero tolerance taken far too far.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Pickled Starfish on March 17, 2011, 06:36:56 PM

choice quote:

What.

public school officials are loosing their minds all over the country.  I read one the other day about a girl getting suspended for not reporting her acne antibiotics.  Zero tolerance taken far too far.

Well you don't want kids huffing Oxy!!!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Phox

Quote from: Pickled Starfish on March 17, 2011, 06:36:56 PM

choice quote:

What.

Cain

BUT WHAT IF THEY WERE REALLY DEALING DANGEROUS ILLEGAL DRUGS (HELPFULLY PROVIDED BY FOREIGN ALLIES IN COUNTRY X, WHERE WE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING FOR Y NUMBER OF YEARS)?  WHAT THEN, HUH?

I seem to recall in 2008 or 2009, a Supreme Court case was held over a 13 year old girl at an American school being strip searched for having ibuprofen on her person.  You know, because the kids snort that frequently to get a buzz and stuff.  She coulda been dealing it, man.

Disco Pickle

I remember when Nancy Regan's Just Say No campaign started touring the schools.  I wasn't even old enough to know what drugs were except for maybe already learning to love hating NyQuil green death flavor when I had a fever.

I think it was really Columbine that got parents to step back and just let schools do whatever they perceived they had to do to hopefully keep things like that from happening again, including draconian discipline for minor infractions and zero tolerance substance policies.  They saw that shit happen live on the news and just shut the fuck up about any policy put forward, and with a few notable exceptions, didn't speak up to defend other parents or their kids when stupid rules went too far.

Not that parental participation in their child's school life has ever had stellar numbers in this country to begin with.  At least not when I was in grammar school.  PTA attendance was always abysmal.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pickled Starfish on March 17, 2011, 07:56:47 PM
I remember when Nancy Regan's Just Say No campaign started touring the schools.  I wasn't even old enough to know what drugs were except for maybe already learning to love hating NyQuil green death flavor when I had a fever.

I think it was really Columbine that got parents to step back and just let schools do whatever they perceived they had to do to hopefully keep things like that from happening again, including draconian discipline for minor infractions and zero tolerance substance policies. 

It's an insurance thing, actually.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Dysfunctional Cunt

One of JW's suspensions this year was because someone said he had sold them pills.  They never found any pills on JW's person, in his locker, his backpack, his brother's locker or backpack or his sister's locker or backpack or purse or in the car.  They did find a tin of mints.  Now I'm not saying JW lied and sold mints to the kid as ectasy.  I'm also not saying he didn't.  The point being is there were no drugs found anywhere.

They let him come back after I raised hell, threatened to sue for illegal search of a minor, threatened to go to the news over searching my 11 year old daughter.....   

....but yeah, just being snitched on true or not can get you suspended in this day and age.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khara on March 17, 2011, 09:33:28 PM
Now I'm not saying JW lied and sold mints to the kid as ectasy.  I'm also not saying he didn't. 

:bob: approved.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.