News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Yes, I am a hooker.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., March 19, 2011, 04:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I crochet. And weave, spin, quilt, etc. Whatever catches my attention. And given that my Holy NameTM includes "Geyser" and "Rainbow", I figured this was appropriate to share. :P

Still needs a border but there you go. Rainbow yarn vomit all over the couch. :D

*Edited to fix link snafu.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Elder Iptuous

that's very nice.
have you considered leaving it without border? it looks good as is, imo...

I've considered it, yeah, but I'm worried the edges will snag and distort the squares if I don't. It will depend on how much heavy-duty use it will see, I think.

Thanks. :)

Luna

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 19, 2011, 06:53:31 PM
I've considered it, yeah, but I'm worried the edges will snag and distort the squares if I don't. It will depend on how much heavy-duty use it will see, I think.

Thanks. :)

Also, a border, even just a couple rows of black, will be a good place to bury the ends where the squares are stitched together.  Looks great.  :)
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Quote from: Luna on March 19, 2011, 07:07:05 PM
Also, a border, even just a couple rows of black, will be a good place to bury the ends where the squares are stitched together.  Looks great.  :)

This is also true. And much easier than getting out the tapestry needle. Thank you. :D

AliceTheProfessional

thats pretty cool. a friend of mine tried to show me how to do that a couple times, the objective was to sell stupid looking hats to hipsters at the local art walk. unfortunately i lack patience. i think we just got really drunk instead.
I'll take 3 creams & sugar in my coffee but if anyone should ask, I take it black. If anyone should ask, you tell them my coffees black.

Quote from: AliceTheProfessional on March 22, 2011, 02:53:53 AM
thats pretty cool. a friend of mine tried to show me how to do that a couple times, the objective was to sell stupid looking hats to hipsters at the local art walk. unfortunately i lack patience. i think we just got really drunk instead.

Crochet is easier than getting drunk, I think. But I am a steadfast teetotaler. If it wasn't for all the sex, I'd be sXe. :P

Dysfunctional Cunt

Very nice!  I think a border is best, it will even up the edges.

Jenne

Quote from: Khara on March 22, 2011, 01:26:43 PM

THIS!  And love the colors!

Elder Iptuous

are you going to make the border subtle? (like the few rows of black that was mentioned?)
also, my wife said it looks awesome, too, and wondered how many skeins of yarn it is...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 19, 2011, 04:06:44 AM
I crochet. And weave, spin, quilt, etc. Whatever catches my attention. And given that my Holy NameTM includes "Geyser" and "Rainbow", I figured this was appropriate to share. :P

Still needs a border but there you go. Rainbow yarn vomit all over the couch. :D

*Edited to fix link snafu.

Dude, that's fucking lovely!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: Jenne on March 22, 2011, 06:36:28 PM
Quote from: Khara on March 22, 2011, 01:26:43 PM

THIS!  And love the colors!

Thank you!

Quote from: Iptuous on March 22, 2011, 06:38:25 PM
are you going to make the border subtle? (like the few rows of black that was mentioned?)
also, my wife said it looks awesome, too, and wondered how many skeins of yarn it is...

I am considering doing another blanket of the same size in just black and brown stripes to give it a reverse side that doesn't blind the cats. And fixing the two layers together with a border through both at the same time. My thought was two rows of black single crochet, a row of brown half-double crochet, another row of black single and then a row of black picot. If any of that makes sense.

It has thirteen colors. I used one skein of the first eleven colors and then two of brown and two of black. So it's 17 skeins at this point. But the first eleven colors were left over from my last yarn binge. I was trying to use up my stacks of Red Heart.

Quote from: Nigel on March 23, 2011, 02:59:22 AM
Dude, that's fucking lovely!

Thank you!

Hah! See? That's at least three people who don't think I made this thing just to scare the neighbors and traumatize the cats. :P My boyfriend is having trouble with my color lust, poor man.

Someone on Ravelry pointed this place out: http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/

It's a collection of public domain patterns. Stuff is scanned so as not to be lost. Preserve heritage, yadda yadda.