"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Yes, I am a hooker.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., March 19, 2011, 04:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Pixie on March 13, 2013, 12:35:02 AM
:lulz:

My yarn SCIENCE project blanket is coming along nicely. it's now at lap blanket width and I've still got about 400g of aran weight to go. I am getting bored of the basic granny square stitch pattern and am considering making a really thick border and playing with some new stitch patterns.

I always intend to make a really large granny blanket again. And then about nine rows in I get bored so I switch it up. And then nine rows later I'm bored again so I change it to something else. And so on. I say do the border thing. :D
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Doobie

Ooo, I like those. I tried getting into it but failed.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 13, 2013, 04:40:53 AM

My yarn SCIENCE project blanket is coming along nicely. it's now at lap blanket width and I've still got about 400g of aran weight to go. I am getting bored of the basic granny square stitch pattern and am considering making a really thick border and playing with some new stitch patterns.

I always intend to make a really large granny blanket again. And then about nine rows in I get bored so I switch it up. And then nine rows later I'm bored again so I change it to something else. And so on. I say do the border thing. :D

:) Some granny stripe might work in strips for a bit. I'm considering that to make the shape more elongated before a border.  like, 5 at the top and bottom and 3 at the sides...

Quote from: Pixie on March 14, 2013, 10:31:12 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 13, 2013, 04:40:53 AM

:) Some granny stripe might work in strips for a bit. I'm considering that to make the shape more elongated before a border.  like, 5 at the top and bottom and 3 at the sides...

Sounds like a solid plan.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Also? Crochet lace is a bitch.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 14, 2013, 11:17:15 PM
I like to say I like the aesthetic of chunky yarns, but the truth is i'm lazy and like projects that grow quickly.  Lace would try my patience.

Quote from: Pixie on March 15, 2013, 10:02:06 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 14, 2013, 11:17:15 PM
I like to say I like the aesthetic of chunky yarns, but the truth is i'm lazy and like projects that grow quickly.  Lace would try my patience.

I'm with you on that. But every so often I get this crazy idea . . .

LMNO

Pope Pixie Pickle

Pope Pixie Pickle

I have started a crib blanket for my sister's best friend.

its 60"x45" , and I've been working in different-height stitch rows along the 60" for horizontal stripey goodness. It's going to be AWESOME and I am maybe going to crochet an owl to sew on, for the gender neutral (don't know about babby's downstairs mixup yet) cute animal. Was considering ripple, but ripples are as of yet beyond me.

stone-brown and cream varigated, cream, a aquamarine blue, sage green, that sort of brazillian amethyst kind of shade of purple and some red, for the modern, funky Welsh baby.

stripe pattern is all pretties, and the different stitch heights are giving it a nice sort of ribbed undulation in the fabric as the rows build up.  I am NOT ALLOWED to crochet ANYTHINGS but crib blanket until crib blanket

Pope Pixie Pickle

i just bought 2 skeins of crochet cotton and i'm making a dishcloth.

I'm sick of sponges and how quickly i get through the disposable  fuckers.

Also I got it real fuckin' cheap.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Did you finish the crib blanket?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pope Pixie Pickle

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Still plugging away on my lace. Stopped to make five granny square blocks for a group project going to a friend having a shit life right now.

How far did you get on the crib blanket before you got distracted, Pixie? Baby blankets are my kryptonite. As soon as I start one, I want to set it or myself on fire. So I start something else and forget about it until the baby it was meant for is due or crowning. Then I start working like a mad bastard on it.