News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Yes, I am a hooker.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., March 19, 2011, 04:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 21, 2013, 07:47:40 PM
Sweet! :) It is such a useful and versatile craft, the wielding of yarn and hooked and/or pointy sticks.
:lulz: :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have many <3 <3 <3 for Mr. Rogers. He was one of the good guys.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 21, 2013, 07:23:48 PM

Agreed. He encouraged other people to be better and he lived the example. Almost no one does. It is inspiring.

He didn't preach.  You just didn't ever want to let him down.

Could you imagine, even for one horrifying second, what it would feel like to have Fred Rogers look at you with disappointment on his face?

Makes me want to curl into a fetal position just thinking about it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 22, 2013, 09:51:18 PM

Agreed. He encouraged other people to be better and he lived the example. Almost no one does. It is inspiring.

Could you imagine, even for one horrifying second, what it would feel like to have Fred Rogers look at you with disappointment on his face?

That made me tear up a little. The sad eyes and the small sad smile.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 22, 2013, 09:54:32 PM

Worst part is that he wouldn't be angry.  He'd be genuinely sad.

Like looking at post-1945 pictures of Albert Einstein.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 22, 2013, 09:59:44 PM

Oh man. Quit it, Roger.  :eek: He'd just be all "Well, we have tough days sometimes. Tomorrow will be a brand new day and we can try again . . . "

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 22, 2013, 10:04:31 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 22, 2013, 09:59:44 PM

Oh man. Quit it, Roger.  :eek: He'd just be all "Well, we have tough days sometimes. Tomorrow will be a brand new day and we can try again . . . "

D'awwww...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Been doing this :

and this :

Instead of talking much. An online friend has a sick two-year-old. Like way sick. Like I stopped listening at 'lung tissue necrosis' and started doing this. Luckily my hands don't require a brain to yarn. A bunch of online friends are putting together some blankets for the kid, and her sister. So I've been yarning. Because what else can you do?

Reginald Ret

Pretty.
And I'm sorry to hear that.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Yeah, things are looking a little better, though. I had the thought that crochet is sort of like prayer. It doesn't do jack shit but when there's nothing else to do, you have to do SOMETHING.

Anyway, the squares are pretty kick-ass and I've got a few new tricks in my skill bag so that's something. I have two more 30 gallon totes of Red Heart Super Saver to go through.  :lulz:

LMNO

I think it's great that you have a calming ritual that's also productive and useful, and beautiful as well.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Those are pretty, CPD. I hope your friend's kid gets better.

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel