News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

PD.com: The place I thought I could call home

Started by Phox, March 21, 2011, 02:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Or they left themselves logged in at work, but actually had something important to take care of, like working.

I'm having a hard time with the expectations thing. I just want to survive, fuck off, and blow off some steam. The whole "you people aren't doing enough for me" complaining really just makes this a less fun place to hang out, IMO. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 05:21:51 PM
Or they left themselves logged in at work, but actually had something important to take care of, like working.

I'm having a hard time with the expectations thing. I just want to survive, fuck off, and blow off some steam. The whole "you people aren't doing enough for me" complaining really just makes this a less fun place to hang out, IMO. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

There ya go, being all reasonable again.   :lulz:

Actually, I expect that most people logged in are actually AFK.  Problem is, over the last 3 months or so, and especially this month, EVERYONE has been AFK, all the time.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And plus, for many people, it's hard to be creative when people are glaring at you and demanding your creativity. I have this line of beads that is tremendously popular; they are also pretty expensive. They have a bunch of complicated blown and pulled components that I have to make in advance. I've made maybe 15 sets, and have received a deluge of emails about making them in this or that color, and when am I making more, etc.

This is my livelihood. I NEED this, to survive. But the result of all the pressure to make those particular beads is that I can't make them. At all. I can't do it. Making them requires a particular touch, because they are a shape that needs precision heating and marvering. I completely lose that touch, and I can't fucking make them, because people are demanding them.

Well, that sucks.

Analogize freely.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Working + volunteering + applying for training + shit tons of reading = sometimes I am surprised I even have time to log on.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 05:27:25 PM
And plus, for many people, it's hard to be creative when people are glaring at you and demanding your creativity. I have this line of beads that is tremendously popular; they are also pretty expensive. They have a bunch of complicated blown and pulled components that I have to make in advance. I've made maybe 15 sets, and have received a deluge of emails about making them in this or that color, and when am I making more, etc.

This is my livelihood. I NEED this, to survive. But the result of all the pressure to make those particular beads is that I can't make them. At all. I can't do it. Making them requires a particular touch, because they are a shape that needs precision heating and marvering. I completely lose that touch, and I can't fucking make them, because people are demanding them.

Well, that sucks.

Analogize freely.

Oh, I see where you're going, and you're correct.

What I was moaning about was the lack of a simple "hello", even.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cuddlefish

Jesus H. Motherfucking Christ on a goddamned pogo-stick, this shit again?!?

Look, PD is like a zombie. Not one of those diseased corpse-type zombies, the type of zombie you get via demonic possesion (like the zombies in Evil Dead). You see, it only appears like it's dead, but will soon spring to "life" to consume some fucking souls and brains.

In fact, zombies are at there most dangerous when they appear to be dead. It really gives them the element of surprise when all of a sudden it's up and screaming "We're going to get you, Barbra!"

Plus, demonic zombies never STAY dead. They'll come back more often, and as unexpectedly as your herpes break-outs.

So, PD looks dead? All the more reason to be afraid... Be very afraid...
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

AFK

How about an un-simple hello?

HelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHello :fap:HelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHello
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 05:27:25 PM

Well, that sucks.

Analogize freely.

Yep, sucks.  But they sound very cool.  When you do unjam and make some, c'n I see pics? 

Nice to meet ya, by the way.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hello, everyone.

I am going to be spagging the shit out of this joint, and it's going to be 50% fluff, 48% processing my stupid love life, and 2% raging about shit no one else really understands, OK?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LMNO

Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 05:42:06 PM
I am going to be spagging the shit out of this joint, and it's going to be 50% fluff, 48% processing my stupid love life, and 2% raging about shit no one else really understands, OK?

I will attempt to restrain bitchy critiques of the above.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I don't know, I'm just begining to get the impression I don't belong at PD as anything more than the occasional pop in lurker.   :sad: 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khara on March 21, 2011, 06:01:36 PM
I don't know, I'm just begining to get the impression I don't belong at PD as anything more than the occasional pop in lurker.   :sad: 

Oh, would ya stop?  Fer Chrissakes.  You are - at least as far as I'm concerned, one of the nicer people here, and one of the most active.

So cut it out, or I'll put the leeches on you.

Jasper

I also feel like it's been a testament to my PD addiction that I've been able to post at all.  Shit, I worked from 10:30 am to 1 am yesterday.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 21, 2011, 05:13:24 PM
Quote from: Faust on March 21, 2011, 05:08:11 PM
The post count for this month is at a three year low. I think the main problem is that there were 24 people logged in earlier and no posts for 45 minutes.

Everyone was waiting for everyone else to say something.

And then when someone did, everyone waited for someone else to respond.

OK, more posting from me. Hopefully my signal to noise ratio doesn't get fuggered more than it already it.