News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Making New Mistakes.

Started by Kai, March 21, 2011, 09:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

One of my favorite quotes is from Antero Alli's Angel Tech.

Quote from: AT, pg. vi-viiMaking mistakes is not a problem; repeating the same old mistakes is a problem and a chief source of stupidity. If you're making new mistakes, odds are you're probably advancing your intelligence.

When I first came to PD, I was naive. In a short period I made all kinds of new mistakes interacting with you people, which boosted my intelligence immensely. I was making new mistakes left and right, both fun ones and not so fun ones.

Today, I'm making mostly old mistakes. The chief among those is "doing nothing when I want to do something" or "doing nothing when something can be done". The other old mistake is "arguing with people who enjoy arguing for it's own sake when I don't enjoy arguing".

The point is, I'm stagnating here. I'm no longer increasing in intelligence under the confines of this site because I'm not making any new mistakes anymore. I've made all the new mistakes that can be made here, and I think that's true for more than just me.

I'm not quite sure how to proceed from here. Should I "flounce" in a quite unelegant manner? Well, I've done that before, and obviously it didn't turn out great. I've been writing in my blog (which now bears my legal name so I will not be posting a link here), and I'm sure I'm making all kinds of new mistakes. I'm writing about topics that don't generally interest PD goers (made that mistake before) but greatly interest me, and now that it bears my name other people will associate it with me for years to come, for better or worse. This could be a massive mistake, but at least it's a NEW one.

So, you probably won't see me much around here anymore. You haven't been seeing me much recently anyway. I'm on facebook if you want to contact me. I still appreciate all the friends I've made here, so I welcome you to write me a message or give me a call.

~Kai
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Phox

Eater of Clowns

Well this certainly looks like a new mistake.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on March 21, 2011, 09:46:49 PM

Quote from: AT, pg. vi-viiMaking mistakes is not a problem; repeating the same old mistakes is a problem and a chief source of stupidity. If you're making new mistakes, odds are you're probably advancing your intelligence.

When I first came to PD, I was naive. In a short period I made all kinds of new mistakes interacting with you people, which boosted my intelligence immensely. I was making new mistakes left and right, both fun ones and not so fun ones.

Today, I'm making mostly old mistakes. The chief among those is "doing nothing when I want to do something" or "doing nothing when something can be done". The other old mistake is "arguing with people who enjoy arguing for it's own sake when I don't enjoy arguing".

The point is, I'm stagnating here. I'm no longer increasing in intelligence under the confines of this site because I'm not making any new mistakes anymore. I've made all the new mistakes that can be made here, and I think that's true for more than just me.

I'm not quite sure how to proceed from here. Should I "flounce" in a quite unelegant manner? Well, I've done that before, and obviously it didn't turn out great. I've been writing in my blog (which now bears my legal name so I will not be posting a link here), and I'm sure I'm making all kinds of new mistakes. I'm writing about topics that don't generally interest PD goers (made that mistake before) but greatly interest me, and now that it bears my name other people will associate it with me for years to come, for better or worse. This could be a massive mistake, but at least it's a NEW one.

So, you probably won't see me much around here anymore. You haven't been seeing me much recently anyway. I'm on facebook if you want to contact me. I still appreciate all the friends I've made here, so I welcome you to write me a message or give me a call.

~Kai

Well, there's no need to flounce in any manner.  Just go do what you have to do, and maybe drop in and say hello once in a while.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

For what it's worth, I really enjoyed making mistakes with you, Kai.  Don't hesitate to drop in with a biological bitch slap every so often, yeah?

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 22, 2011, 03:21:33 AM
Well, there's no need to flounce in any manner.  Just go do what you have to do, and maybe drop in and say hello once in a while.

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 22, 2011, 11:56:53 AM
For what it's worth, I really enjoyed making mistakes with you, Kai.  Don't hesitate to drop in with a biological bitch slap every so often, yeah?

:cry: 

I'll see you on FB!!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 22, 2011, 03:21:33 AM
Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on March 21, 2011, 09:46:49 PM

~Kai

This.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."