News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

ECH Anti threadjack nigel/navkat thread

Started by navkat, March 23, 2011, 07:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

Quote from: Nigel on March 23, 2011, 02:36:56 AM
Quote from: navkat on March 23, 2011, 02:14:13 AM
Quote from: pH on March 23, 2011, 01:52:25 AM
I'm just going to jump in to this whole Nigel vs. navkat thing, and navkat, you have talked to Roger right? How did/do you survive Roger if Nigel's vague prodding bothers you?

I get Roger. If you notice, he's not ever really nasty about anything, just takes a superior stance and simply asserts that you are wrong (even when he's fucking with you). He pokes and trolls but he does it with class.

I don't have class.

But I'm right, and it pisses people off. I am also five feet tall and have hair that white people love to pet. For reasons unknown, in person my essential and perfect adorable righteousness makes people laugh and love me. Online, it fills them with rage and hate. Luckily, that makes me laugh, when I'm not seeing red.

My best friend is Jewish, also I have a cute dog.

I'm sorry I don't understand why people want to move to New Orleans and Portland.

Quote from: Nigel on March 23, 2011, 03:08:33 AM
If I could have your phone number, I would call you and say "I don't understand why people are like, oh hey a flood plain! I'd like to move there!"

it would be different, I swear to god. There is a reason people want me to like, be their minister and marry them and shit. Mostly people say that I am "nurturing". Also I might be kind of a bitch at times, but that's not really my predominant trait. I am starting to become kind of distressed about my online bitch persona, because seriously, I am every bit as much of a Horrible Bastard in person, but for some reason people find it fucking cuddly or some shit. ECH and Net and TGRR and Freeky and EOT can vouch for this. EOT has seen probably the worst sides of me; he's seen me be a real bitch, and cry, and lose my shit.

I think I'm kind of drunk; dammit. I gave up not drinking and now it only takes about four ounces of wine to fuck me up hard.

Also ECH should become a coroner, because that would fucking rock hard. Dude.

I had to split this bc I couldn't bear to jack ECH's thread again.

Okay. Perhaps we're off on the wrong foot. Maybe I misunderstood.

I must admit: your dog is adorable and I am now curious about your hair.

LMNO

Ok, I have to say that Nigel has a point, in that it doesn't make much logical sense to choose to move to a place that has a history of natural disasters, a poor economy, corrupt politicians, and whose already poor geography is being eroded away.

But I suppose that's not Navkat's point.  There are places on this earth that have a sort of psychological and emotional resonance with some people.  A subset of those people are enamored to the point that they want to always be there, in spite of the logical reasons not to live there.

I suppose if you have no emotional affinity for any environment or external circumstances, you should be living in Minneapolis or Milwaukee.  But most people I know have some sort of resonance with some type of city or town, even if they can't agree (the NYC/LA debates, for example).

The people who choose to move to NO or Portland must have made the personal decision that their emotional connection and enjoyment with living in the city the city overcomes the logical reasons not to.

navkat

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 23, 2011, 01:22:23 PM
Ok, I have to say that Nigel has a point, in that it doesn't make much logical sense to choose to move to a place that has a history of natural disasters, a poor economy, corrupt politicians, and whose already poor geography is being eroded away.

But I suppose that's not Navkat's point.  There are places on this earth that have a sort of psychological and emotional resonance with some people.  A subset of those people are enamored to the point that they want to always be there, in spite of the logical reasons not to live there.

I suppose if you have no emotional affinity for any environment or external circumstances, you should be living in Minneapolis or Milwaukee.  But most people I know have some sort of resonance with some type of city or town, even if they can't agree (the NYC/LA debates, for example).

The people who choose to move to NO or Portland must have made the personal decision that their emotional connection and enjoyment with living in the city the city overcomes the logical reasons not to.

Yeah, man. It's like: I know New Orleans has a lot of problems. Corruption, shitty levee engineering, NOPD, you name it. But I love her. I'm willing to get in there, roll my sleeves up and be part of the solution. I can't say that about any other city in which I've lived (and I've tried on a lot).

I can't imagine being the kind of person who would be satisfied living in a safe, clean little Mall of America town for my whole life. Give me dirty music, crazy characters, guerrilla street art and hot, sex-filled air on the verge of existential orgasm in dark corners against the background sounds of nightclubs like aging, drunken whores, vomiting feather boas and tawdry lace onto the sidewalks.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love Portland, so I get that. But I'm FROM Portland; this corrupt, doomed little fucker of a city is in my veins. Like New Orleans, I am incredulous that anyone would move here on purpose, yet they do in droves. I'm not judging or condemning anyone for this, I am simply failing to understand why.

I look at this place and think, fuck, it's pretty, but like many pretty things IT'S A BAD IDEA.

BTW I have met many people from Minneapolis and Milwaukee who have intense love for those places. Mostly they are assholes though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If we ever meet in person you can touch my hair.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

navkat

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Nigel on March 23, 2011, 02:55:02 PM
I love Portland, so I get that. But I'm FROM Portland; this corrupt, doomed little fucker of a city is in my veins. Like New Orleans, I am incredulous that anyone would move here on purpose, yet they do in droves. I'm not judging or condemning anyone for this, I am simply failing to understand why.

I look at this place and think, fuck, it's pretty, but like many pretty things IT'S A BAD IDEA.

BTW I have met many people from Minneapolis and Milwaukee who have intense love for those places. Mostly they are assholes though.

I haven't met anyone from Milwaukee, but I have met some great people who love Minneapolis.  They're just a different kind of great people than the sort that love New Orleans or Portland.  More Garrison Keilor esque
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

East Coast Hustle

Minny is actually a pretty awesome city (it's the vast suburban wasteland that surrounds it for 50 miles in every direction that is indescribably awful), it just has the most suck-ass climate in the lower 48 for 3 months of the year. Good restaurant scene, KILLER hip-hop scene, artsy, lots of parks and greenspace, and there's still no shortage of crime-ridden shitholes if that's your thing. I guarantee that nobody from Forbes magazine spent so much as a single minute in the Phillips neighborhood.

oh, and I have never been anywhere else in the US that has that high a concentration of insanely hot girls who seem to have no moral imperative against casual sex.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 23, 2011, 11:19:19 PM
Minny is actually a pretty awesome city (it's the vast suburban wasteland that surrounds it for 50 miles in every direction that is indescribably awful), it just has the most suck-ass climate in the lower 48 for 3 months of the year. Good restaurant scene, KILLER hip-hop scene, artsy, lots of parks and greenspace, and there's still no shortage of crime-ridden shitholes if that's your thing. I guarantee that nobody from Forbes magazine spent so much as a single minute in the Phillips neighborhood.

oh, and I have never been anywhere else in the US that has that high a concentration of insanely hot girls who seem to have no moral imperative against casual sex.

That might explain why the guys I've met from there are bitter about Portland.

East Coast Hustle

:lulz:

I moved here from RURAL EASTERN MAINE and if I were single, I'd be bitter about Portland too. :lulz:

ECH,
would run through the 'couve like bad curry, though
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Okay, listen here, jackasses...

...If provoked, Nigel will tear your collective faces off and wear them as merkins.  When this happens, do not come to The Good Reverend Roger spraying blood from your bare skull, for ye have been warned, and besides that shit makes me giggle.  It's only by her good graces that anyone in California gets to live anyfuckingway, and the day of the Fatal Anal Bead approaches.  You're all fucking doomed, and you have nobody to blame but yourselves.

HEAR ME, O PD, AND TREMBLE!  THE DARK EMPRESS COMES BEARING AN APPLE-CORING TOOL AND A TOILET PLUNGER, AND HER LANGUAGE CONTAINS NO WORD FOR "MERCY"!

Invest in 3/4" PVC pipe now.  You'll need it when she's collected your prostates.

That is all.  You may now return to your tiresome crawling across the face of my planet.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This makes me happy. Thank you, TGRR!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:36:48 AM

This makes me happy. Thank you, TGRR!

No problem.  I am simply well-versed in the art of survival.  This is not my first barbeque.  No.  I have dwelt for many decades with the sheer horror of living directly below Portland, and knowing that my face is still attached to my skull by way of placing offerings at the wall so that the dread shadow of the Dark Empress shall pass over me, and land on some random dumbfuck.  Now opies want to make Portland come closer to them, when it's plain as day that Nigel will make a motherfucker bounce.

I can only hope that the pills can drown out the screaming and the horrible meaty noises, and that the inevitable tide of orphans washes up on someone else's doorstep.

OH, YE WRETCHES!  DO YE NOT KNOW THE ENORMITY OF YOUR SIN?  ARE YE NOT COGNIZANT OF THE AWFUL PUNISHMENTS THAT AWAIT THEE?  SHALL YE PLUG THY IMPENDING HORRIBLE FISTULAS WITH CRUMPLED UP NEWSPAPERS?  SHALL YE GROW BACK THY MANGLED BITS?

REPENT!  REPENT WHILE THERE'S STILL TIME, LEST THE PIPE CLAIM THEE!

TGRR,
Feeling particularly old testamenty tonight.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:55:54 AM
Loving this. :)

Bad day today.  Now I want to summon the terror in the night, paint blood all over my door jam, and laugh as the gentiles next door are hauled off by the angel of deff.

TGRR,
Wearing a long fake beard while typing this, and howling obscenities at those miserable fucking golfers who bombard the new digs 9 times a week.