PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

CRAMULUS

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, March 23, 2011, 11:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The fuck did he go? PLEASE TELL ME HE ISN'T STARTING A CULT SOMEWHERE

I don't have time for that shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

:(  He ...decamped...

But as this is Hotel California, he'll be back.

Pope Pixie Pickle

saw him in IRC today. he's still blogging at 23ae as well.

East Coast Hustle

he flounced because we aren't nice people.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

BadBeast

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 23, 2011, 11:14:14 PM
We don't have to start being nicer now do we? This fact can hardly have taken him by surprise. He wasn't unaware of this being the worst forum on the internets. 
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: BadBeast on March 23, 2011, 11:20:22 PM
We don't have to start being nicer now do we? 

If people try to turn this place into a hippie love-fest, I will make it my personal mission to balance them out with as much vitriol and mindless rage as I can muster in my free time.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

BadBeast

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 23, 2011, 11:27:14 PM

If people try to turn this place into a hippie love-fest, I will make it my personal mission to balance them out with as much vitriol and mindless rage as I can muster in my free time.
This makes me happy. It's reassuring to see a safe pair of hands on the tiller.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 23, 2011, 11:27:14 PM

LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Of course on the opposite side to that in that people are leaving faster then they are being replaced and while being a dickhead to everyone around here is fun this place will become very stale when its the same ten people or less posting.

Cram will be back, its not just the mean factor that made him lose interest it looks like it was the repetition that did it. He just needs a change of scenery which I think we can all relate to.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Pope Pixie Pickle

Since i got ill last year i have posted a lot less,and im not sure why.  :sad:

East Coast Hustle

People are busier with real life than they used to be, because real life has gotten more difficult. Everyone's working more, or going back to school, or whatever people do in uncertain and economically unpleasant times. I'm not convinced that it has anything to do with PD.com itself. My offhand sense of things is that those "same ten posters" happen to be the people who have the financial and social stability to withstand the current times without letting it make them change their routine (or whatever passes for it) much.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 24, 2011, 12:48:07 AM
People are busier with real life than they used to be, because real life has gotten more difficult. Everyone's working more, or going back to school, or whatever people do in uncertain and economically unpleasant times. I'm not convinced that it has anything to do with PD.com itself. My offhand sense of things is that those "same ten posters" happen to be the people who have the financial and social stability to withstand the current times without letting it make them change their routine (or whatever passes for it) much.

To be frank, I'm a lifer here because:

1.  As mentioned above, I can still manage it, and

2.  It's not fucking Tucson, it's not that Goddamn refinery, and it's not a town loaded with awful fucking Calvinists that make me want to start running random bastards over in the grocery store parking lot.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Ya know, all of those factors seem relevant.

I gotta say, I don't think "we" are any meaner now than we were two years ago. I think ECH nailed it.

And, as a horrible mean person, I'm also gonna say that I nailed it; PD.com is a board for bored white (however the fuck you define "white") middle class people, and that is a rapidly declining demographic.

I think this is a social problem. I'd like to talk about it. Can we talk about it without anyone being offended by the crassness of being called white? I think this is important, actually. I might even go so far as to say that we need people with the middle-class freedom to think about things.

BadBeast

Sounds reasonable enough to me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:45:30 AM
Ya know, all of those factors seem relevant.

I gotta say, I don't think "we" are any meaner now than we were two years ago. I think ECH nailed it.

I think we're quite a bit nicer.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:45:30 AM
And, as a horrible mean person, I'm also gonna say that I nailed it; PD.com is a board for bored white (however the fuck you define "white") middle class people, and that is a rapidly declining demographic.

I think this is a social problem. I'd like to talk about it. Can we talk about it without anyone being offended by the crassness of being called white? I think this is important, actually. I might even go so far as to say that we need people with the middle-class freedom to think about things.

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF NIGEL KEEPING A BROTHER DOWN.  :crankey:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.