News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

CRAMULUS

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, March 23, 2011, 11:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Quote from: Luna on April 11, 2011, 08:41:16 PM
I didn't have any trouble... but mostly I avoided shitting in anybody else's plate, myself.  Felt right at home.

You also avoided starting shit, pushing buttons, making baseless assertions, or acting whacky jsut for the sake of proving your pineal gland street cred.  I may have missed a few but you started posting reasonable stuff, with content.  Its really as simple as that.

Lots of folks come in thinking they have to make a stink of act zany to get established.  Everyone's been there, the lucky or smart get this out of the way out of earshot of others.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Luna

Quote from: Richter on April 11, 2011, 08:57:27 PM
Quote from: Luna on April 11, 2011, 08:41:16 PM
I didn't have any trouble... but mostly I avoided shitting in anybody else's plate, myself.  Felt right at home.

You also avoided starting shit, pushing buttons, making baseless assertions, or acting whacky jsut for the sake of proving your pineal gland street cred.  I may have missed a few but you started posting reasonable stuff, with content.  Its really as simple as that.

Lots of folks come in thinking they have to make a stink of act zany to get established.  Everyone's been there, the lucky or smart get this out of the way out of earshot of others.

Heck, come to think of it, I started off by politely disagreeing with Roger in my first half dozen posts.  (I suspect "politely" was the operative word, here.)
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Phox

Yeah, being polite has advantages. :lulz:

Phox,
Started out by pushing Roger and ECH's buttons for the hell of it.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 11, 2011, 05:53:03 PM
Quote from: Faust on April 11, 2011, 05:43:23 PM
I'm not comfortable with discussing his pros and cons when he simply isn't here.

I'd just as soon not have discussed it, either, but half a dozen people came on, attributing motives to me that weren't true.

I sincerely doubt he took any of his upset from here off boards to places like facebook.

Nobody said he did.  In fact, when someone tried to bring it there, he told them to cut it out.

If people want to bring this up when if he comes back thats a different story, but as of now not only is flogging a dead horse, the horse isn't even here any more.

See my first response in this post. 
My comment wasn't directed at you, i'm hoping everyone will drop it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Funny how the people who get along well here and contribute content don't get shat on, but the people who come in trolling do.

GOSH, IT'S JUST SO STRANGE AND UNEXPLAINABLE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Nigel on April 11, 2011, 10:15:52 PM
Funny how the people who get along well here and contribute content don't get shat on, but the people who come in trolling do.

:lulz:

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Nigel on April 11, 2011, 10:15:52 PM

But the post that got Cram to speak up was a noob who used the word "crazy" in a post in a casual "I might be a little bit crazy" way, then got flamed out as much as someone who shows up as a self diagnosed aspie or some shit.

It was a bit on the ridiculous side, and in no way do I support a policy of niceness or anything to noobs.  We just need to recognize that, yeah, sometimes people get shat on because of someone that came right before them, or because we're having a bad fucking day.

Yeah I just plain didn't remember that correctly.  My bad.  Left for sake of honesty about my own stupidity.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

pH

You guys don't have to be nicer to noobs at all, people who receive shitstorms (me) completely deserved it, and it serves the purpose of getting rid of people who can't take it/ rectifying stupidity to an extent.
This is a distraction.

QuoteTOMAHAWKS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: pH on April 12, 2011, 03:54:33 AM
You guys don't have to be nicer to noobs at all, people who receive shitstorms (me) completely deserved it, and it serves the purpose of getting rid of people who can't take it/ rectifying stupidity to an extent.

Well, it's actually a bit simpler that that.  You're a twat, and we treat you accordingly.

Because you wouldn't have it any other way.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Vaud

I talked to Cram briefly after he flounced (before I returned) on Facebook, and he indicated it was much more about IRL Cram stuff than anything wrong with the people here.  He also didn't say anything shitty about Roger that I can remember, or anyone else, and anything between him and anyone else is between all of them, as far I'm concerned.  Both Roger and Cram have each individually been great friends to interact with, and each has also exposed me to a shitload of brilliant fantastic ideas, mostly their own.  I'm glad this didn't blow up too much, at any rate.  It wouldn't have been worth it for any parties.
"Gee. He was just here a minute ago." -GC

Kai

Quote from: Vaud on May 14, 2011, 03:40:05 AM
I talked to Cram briefly after he flounced (before I returned) on Facebook, and he indicated it was much more about IRL Cram stuff than anything wrong with the people here.  He also didn't say anything shitty about Roger that I can remember, or anyone else, and anything between him and anyone else is between all of them, as far I'm concerned.  Both Roger and Cram have each individually been great friends to interact with, and each has also exposed me to a shitload of brilliant fantastic ideas, mostly their own.  I'm glad this didn't blow up too much, at any rate.  It wouldn't have been worth it for any parties.

Yeah, if I remember correctly he mentioned distancing himself from Discordia to try out new ideas. A perfectly reasonable move.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish