News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

Federal Government to cut Pell Grants.

Started by Suu, March 28, 2011, 05:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

http://www.tnr.com/blog/jonathan-cohn/83427/budget-pell-grant-obama-republican-cut

This is making me fucking sick to my stomach.

-Suu
Probably will not be able to go to school next year, because Obama has no balls.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

EIGHT MILLION FUCKING PEOPLE NEED THAT GODDAMN MONEY TO GO TO SCHOOL. YEAH, SO WE'RE ALL LOW-INCOME, MY EFC IS 0000 FOR A FUCKING REASON, AND NOW, BECAUSE OF THE REPUBLICANS OBSESSION WITH ROBBING THE POOR TO FEED THE RICH, I MAY LOSE AN ENTIRE SEMESTER'S WORTH OF TUITION.

I need that grant money not only to pay for classes, but I need it to pay rent and eat. My paychecks aren't even $300 every two weeks now because of the fucking tax hikes, and now you're taking MORE money away from me simply because I'm a full-time student and I need it to survive? I'm not on welfare, I'm not a degenerate or an addict, I'm a goddamn student! An adult non-traditional one for that matter. It's bad enough some Teabaggers want to remove a student's right to vote (something about us not being "true citizens" or something...) but this...This is just putting more fucking money in Sallie Mae's fat wallet. It's going to reactivate the private loan programs and put more students who can't afford it into serious debt simply because they want a bachelor's degree, which WON'T EVEN GUARANTEE THEM A GODDAMN JOB THESE DAYS. 

I'm back in school for a fucking reason, and apparently, it's in goddamn vain.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's important to support the growth of the serf class.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Nigel on March 28, 2011, 05:37:52 PM
It's important to support the growth of the serf class.

They don't even do Feudalism right. :(

The Good Reverend Roger

"The best economy produces the most college degrees."
- Barack "The Smiler" Obama.  Last week.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2011, 06:21:46 PM

Sallie Mae is smiling too. All the way to the Federal Reserve to collect the checks they get from the government for every student that defaults on their loan.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on March 28, 2011, 06:23:28 PM

Sallie Mae is smiling too. All the way to the Federal Reserve to collect the checks they get from the government for every student that defaults on their loan.

When stupidity goes beyond a certain point, follow the money.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2011, 06:27:48 PM
Quote from: Suu the Infallible on March 28, 2011, 06:23:28 PM

When stupidity goes beyond a certain point, follow the money.

If I post on a public forum what I desire to do to SLMA, I'd be in jail for a really long time.