Main Menu

Roger: An Apology

Started by Captain Utopia, March 27, 2011, 07:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 28, 2011, 05:31:36 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 28, 2011, 05:22:18 PM
Quote from: Jenne on March 28, 2011, 03:07:05 PM
This whole fucking thing is making me want to shit nails.

I'm shaking my head thinking maybe I just need to take a fucking break from it ALL.  Except for LMNO's Spider thread.

FUCK THIS. 

WHY is this thread even necessary?  WHY?

Jesus fucking christ on a fucking pogostick.

Isn't life shitty enough?  Isn't it?  Goddammit motherfucking hell shit fuck damn cock suck cunt dick shit shit shit shit...

Same reason he felt the need to post it on Cram's Facebook group. Attention.

wait, WHAT?

Oh sweet baby jesus. CU has gone totally off the deep end.

:lulz:

Don't do Utopia, kids.

NOT EVEN ONCE.

This is creeeeeepy.  EBS-style shit.  Maybe they have more in common than I thought.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 28, 2011, 05:31:36 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 28, 2011, 05:22:18 PM

I'm shaking my head thinking maybe I just need to take a fucking break from it ALL.  Except for LMNO's Spider thread.

FUCK THIS. 

WHY is this thread even necessary?  WHY?

Isn't life shitty enough?  Isn't it?  Goddammit motherfucking hell shit fuck damn cock suck cunt dick shit shit shit shit...

Same reason he felt the need to post it on Cram's Facebook group. Attention.

wait, WHAT?

Oh sweet baby jesus. CU has gone totally off the deep end.

:lulz:

Don't do Utopia, kids.

NOT EVEN ONCE.

Yeah, whatever the shit is going on there is starting to look more like a mental break or a meth problem than just a regular ego-fed temper tantrum.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 28, 2011, 05:29:11 PM

I'm shaking my head thinking maybe I just need to take a fucking break from it ALL.  Except for LMNO's Spider thread.

FUCK THIS.  

WHY is this thread even necessary?  WHY?

Isn't life shitty enough?  Isn't it?  Goddammit motherfucking hell shit fuck damn cock suck cunt dick shit shit shit shit...

This isn't shitty at all.

This is FUNNY.

*sigh*

I see your POV, but I agree with Jenne here.

East Coast Hustle

CU is starting to foam at the mouth a bit.

Apparently, having an opinion that differs from his (and spelling it out in a fairly non-inflammatory manner) is grounds for being called "trash".

http://www.erisbarandgrill.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=11023&pid=266830#pid266830

I think it's sad that this is happening to EB&G. I think we need to all help EB&G out by pushing CU over the edge as quickly as possible so that he will make good on his infantile posturing and leave EB&G in better hands (which would be just about anyone at this point).
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 28, 2011, 06:00:42 PM
Apparently, having an opinion that differs from his (and spelling it out in a fairly non-inflammatory manner) is grounds for being called "trash".

Saw that.  I would have said something, but I've given up on the little freak.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

When I met CU a month or so ago he seemed like a completely reasonable person.  I am utterly gobsmacked that this has turned out the way it did.

Roger, I owe you an apology for doubting the monkey metaphor a year or so ago.  Obviously my optimism was running at dangerous levels.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on March 28, 2011, 06:16:38 PM
When I met CU a month or so ago he seemed like a completely reasonable person.  I am utterly gobsmacked that this has turned out the way it did.

Roger, I owe you an apology for doubting the monkey metaphor a year or so ago.  Obviously my optimism was running at dangerous levels.

S'okay.  I have my moments of hope & optimism, too.  You just have to enjoy them until the universe plods up to set you straight, again.

East Coast Hustle

SPOILER ALERT: VOICE OF REASON AHEAD!

In all fairness, I gotta say this: As someone who found themselves in the same position as CU and made more than his fair share of mistakes and mis-steps when thrust into the position, I understand how this all got started. But no matter what, at some point you have to decide which is more important: your pride and ego? or the viability of the community of OTHER PEOPLE that you're trying to nurture? If your position of leadership in that community is all about YOU, you shouldn't remain in that position. If it's about EVERYONE ELSE, there will be occasions where you need to back down off a stance you took. It gets easier each time.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Adios

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 28, 2011, 06:30:56 PM
SPOILER ALERT: VOICE OF REASON AHEAD!

In all fairness, I gotta say this: As someone who found themselves in the same position as CU and made more than his fair share of mistakes and mis-steps when thrust into the position, I understand how this all got started. But no matter what, at some point you have to decide which is more important: your pride and ego? or the viability of the community of OTHER PEOPLE that you're trying to nurture? If your position of leadership in that community is all about YOU, you shouldn't remain in that position. If it's about EVERYONE ELSE, there will be occasions where you need to back down off a stance you took. It gets easier each time.

Amen. It really does get easier with practice.

Faust

I don't think CU deleted you're post roger, at least if he did, I don't think he was sane or can remember doing it?
I think he's gone off his fucking tweet and until he comes back to reality we wont know for sure.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 28, 2011, 06:35:42 PM
I don't think CU deleted you're post roger, at least if he did, I don't think he was sane or can remember doing it?
I think he's gone off his fucking tweet and until he comes back to reality we wont know for sure.

I have no idea.  All I know is that I went looking for it, and it was gone.  I searched my past posts, and it still wasn't there.  Phox had seen it, went looking for it, and also couldn't find it.

Then CU called Phox "trash".   :lulz:

Faust

Was it posted after the move?
Because there seems to be some weird stuff up anyway, I cant see avatars in threads and images are acting funny.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 28, 2011, 06:41:14 PM
Was it posted after the move?
Because there seems to be some weird stuff up anyway, I cant see avatars in threads and images are acting funny.

Yes, it was just the other day.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow, dude. Just wow.

I think I've got to step away from this whole dispute, because it was one thing to argue with him when he was just being an asshole, but it makes me uncomfortable now that he's acting like he's actually losing his shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 28, 2011, 06:43:59 PM
Wow, dude. Just wow.

I think I've got to step away from this whole dispute, because it was one thing to argue with him when he was just being an asshole, but it makes me uncomfortable now that he's acting like he's actually losing his shit.

Seems kinda...familiar.   :sad: