News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

More Futurisitic Fun Than You Really Wanted, part I of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 29, 2011, 04:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Fucking hell.

Richter, if you ever want a guest spot writing up the days' Spider Game events, you're welcome to it.

Come to think of it, that goes for anyone else not playing the game.

Requia ☣

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 05:39:07 PM
Quote from: Jenne on March 29, 2011, 05:34:09 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 05:27:48 PM
Quote from: Jenne on March 29, 2011, 05:24:29 PM
Definitely more fun than can be handled.  "Combat drugs"--nice touch. 

Don't look at me...I didn't invent "go pills".

:x  No.  Just...no.  :x

Our "drug free" military at work.  We gobbled those things like Pez back in 1990/91, and it makes you a pair of eyeballs and ears, not to mention a complete moral vacuum with an itchy trigger finger and a "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! attitude.  Bikers do less crank than we did.  And then a few years back, we accidentally a bunch of Canadian troops.

So they *do* use them that way?

They try to make out like they only use it when pilots need to fly halfway around the world without crashing from fatigue.

Lying fuckers.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 29, 2011, 05:46:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 05:39:07 PM
Quote from: Jenne on March 29, 2011, 05:34:09 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 05:27:48 PM
Quote from: Jenne on March 29, 2011, 05:24:29 PM
Definitely more fun than can be handled.  "Combat drugs"--nice touch. 

Don't look at me...I didn't invent "go pills".

:x  No.  Just...no.  :x

Our "drug free" military at work.  We gobbled those things like Pez back in 1990/91, and it makes you a pair of eyeballs and ears, not to mention a complete moral vacuum with an itchy trigger finger and a "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! attitude.  Bikers do less crank than we did.  And then a few years back, we accidentally a bunch of Canadian troops.

So they *do* use them that way?

They try to make out like they only use it when pilots need to fly halfway around the world without crashing from fatigue.

Lying fuckers.

Wait, the government lied to you?   :lulz:

They use them for exactly the symptoms I described. 

Also, Richter's response to this is the reason I write this shit.  I don't get many return shots, but when I do, it's GOLD.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: Luna on March 29, 2011, 05:42:48 PM
Richter is on a fucking roll today.

This--Rog, you definitely have your "wing man" on this...great stuff, Guys!

I AM getting horrified over the "go drugs"...gah.

Richter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 05:41:49 PM

11/10.

There is nothing - NOTHING - I love more than getting stuffed in my own thread.   :lulz:

Wasn't trying to stuff.  You painted one hell of a setting, I was just having some fun with it.  

If you have the power armor rules for pathfinder, this would make a HELL of a "Space Marines by any other name" module.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on March 29, 2011, 05:51:53 PM

It's cheap, and it gives you all the benefits of using children as soldiers, without the bad press that comes with it.

How's that for "Not The Future You Were Promised"?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 05:53:08 PM

It's cheap, and it gives you all the benefits of using children as soldiers, without the bad press that comes with it.

Remind me when I need a good "purge" to re-read what you just wrote there.

Nevermind, I don't think I can ever forget.  Damn, dude.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on March 29, 2011, 05:52:24 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 05:41:49 PM

11/10.

There is nothing - NOTHING - I love more than getting stuffed in my own thread.   :lulz:

Wasn't trying to stuff.  You painted one hell of a setting, I was just having some fun with it.  

If you have the power armor rules for pathfinder, this would make a HELL of a "Space Marines by any other name" module.

Stuffing in this case is a GOOD thing.

And those rules are in fact on the way...After I finish LMNO's stuff.  But this series might go to graphic novel, and your part is DEFINITELY in.  Hell, if you're on board, my part stays text and yours goes to panels.

:lulz:

Requia ☣

I'm pretty sure it was exactly the future I was promised.  But then, the few things I grew up with where everything turned out ok, it go much worse before it got better.

The bit we weren't promised was just how good they would get at hiding this shit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 29, 2011, 06:00:54 PM

I'm pretty sure it was exactly the future I was promised.  But then, the few things I grew up with where everything turned out ok, it go much worse before it got better.

The bit we weren't promised was just how good they would get at hiding this shit.

They don't hide it.  It's just that nobody cares.

Requia ☣

I don't have it in me to look the men in the eye anymore.  They all know why I'm not down there with them, and I'm not one of the honorable ones that just isn't any good at fighting.  No its the fear, and not even something sane like dying.  My one time down in the tunnels they had to drag me back out.  I'd gotten five feet before I froze up, convinced I couldn't move because the walls were so damn close and the cieling.. no, ask somebody else what claustrophobia is like, thinking about just gives me panic attacks.

I was pissed when they took me off combat duty, but I knew damned well they didn't have any choice.  They need men down there more than anything, and if you can't go down then there's other things that need to be done.  Me I got stuck on armor maintenance.  After I lost track of how much time I'd spent washing blood and... other things (which mercifully don't look human once the nessies are done) out of pieces of armor I started seeing getting cut as more of a blessing.  And then of course... well, once I'm done cleaning I go through bit by bit and look for bits that are still working.  A lot of the parts are amazingly durable, you can get nearly half a suit out of a wreck, as long as you replace the plates and the seals.

That's the real reason I can't look them in the eye.  Every last one of us in maintenance has gone to the boss and told him that we can't be sure if a part will hold up in combat or not, and we've all been told the same thing: We don't have the money for new parts, and the failure rate for a rebuilt suit is only one in fifteen.  After we replace the plating and the seals though, it looks brand new, and God help us, not one of us has the courage to tell the men otherwise.

The Good Reverend Roger

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

LMNO